Witch Doctor Zunimassa Set Dungeon Guide
Welcome to our guide to complete the Zunimassa's Haunt set dungeon for Witch Doctors, a required step to complete the Masters of the Universe Conquest.
Overview of the Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon
The Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon is located in Act III, The Core of Arreat. Take the waypoint to that location and start making your way inward, towards the Azmodan fight. If you follow the left edge, about halfway through the area you will come across the portal to the Set Dungeon if you have the Zuni 6-piece bonus active.
The Zunimassa's Haunt's two unique Primary Objectives are to: 1) Grip 150 enemies in the primary zone of Grasp of the Dead; and 2) Do not allow any enemies into melee range.
The Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon is a large, open Briarthorn Cemetery tileset, starting with one initial open area and then transitioning into a second, much larger main cemetery area. A proven attempt path is to clear the opening area thoroughly (to avoid needing to backtrack), and then clearing the major open area in systematic, zig-zagging movements — from one wall, through the middle and turning around when you hit the other wall.
The Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon is populated by the following enemy types:
- Fallen Grunts, Soliders, Lunatics and Overseers — while these four types of trash each have their distinguishing characteristics, for the purposes of this Set Dungeon only their common trait will matter: their tendency to charge headfirst into melee combat. Do you best to keep them at bay with your summons and spells.
- Zunimassa's Zealot — the unique enemies of the map. They resemble Act II's Fallen Shaman trash, but also have the Molten and Electrified affixes. As long as you play out the Set Dungeon correctly, neither of its attacks will pose a threat to you.
Tips for the Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon
Note that the 1st Objective does NOT require you to kill the targets with Grasp of the Dead — merely to catch them in its radius. This shifts the emphasis on having as many Grasp of the Dead circles out in the field as possible, pracically spamming it as soon as you see an enemy on the horizon (before your summoned army runs over and decimates them). No other legendary will help quite as much with this Objective as Wilken's Reach. With the cooldown out of the way, select the Unbreakable Grasp rune to remove the resource cost as well, and spam to your heart's content. Focus on getting this Objective done ASAP, then shift into killing everything in sight.
There are no recipes of guaranteed success for the 2nd Objective, not letting enemies into melee range. You just need to be a little more careful in how you run the dungeon, and not let overconfidence blind you to the enemies' location. It is more likely that you will rush into a trash pack by accident with a supercharged Spirit Walk, than it is for the enemy to break through the wall of your 20+ summons. Do not rush your attempt and use your mobility cooldowns with caution.
Build for the Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon
|Grasp of the Dead Unbreakable Grasp Piranhas Piranhado 1 Gargantuan Humongoid 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste 4 Fetish Army Legion of Daggers|
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
|Torso and Pants||
- 24 Jun. 2018: Corrected the gear table to properly include Wilken's Reach.
- 05 Mar. 2018: Added guide.
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3rd
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update, December 2021: +Skill Ranks Affixes, Legendary Affix Transfers, Paragon Talents, Visual Effects
- World First Hardcore Greater Rift 150 Solo Clear in Season 25
- Season 25 Demon Hunter Hotfix Now Live
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Which Class to Play in Season 25?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update Coming in Late December
- All Diablo 3 Season 25 Guides (Patch 2.7.2)