Witch Doctor Arachyr Corpse Spiders Build
Leaning into the horror and creature-heavy themes of the Arachyr set, the Corpse Spiders build uses an amalgamation of dedicated legendaries and existing, primary skill-oriented staples for a flavorful, WD-thematic and visually striking mid-range caster playstyle. This guide will cover all of its available playstyles. The base build presented on this page is the Greater Rift Solo Pushing Variation, but this build also has a Nephalem Rift Farming Variation and a Greater Rift Speed Farming Variation; follow the links above to the respective alterations.
The basic skill setup of the Arachyr Corpse Spiders Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Corpse Spiders Widowmakers Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects 1 Big Bad Voodoo Slam Dance 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Soul Harvest Languish 4 Piranhas Piranhado|
The required gear setup for the Arachyr Corpse Spiders Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Mask of Jeram
- Shoulders: Arachyr's Mantle
- Gloves: Arachyr's Claws
- Chest: Arachyr's Carapace
- Belt: Brood of Araneae
- Pants: Arachyr's Legs
- Boots: Arachyr's Stride
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Ring of Emptiness
- Weapon: The Spider Queen's Grasp
- Offhand: Shukrani's Triumph
Season 29: Paragon Cap
Season 29 introduces a season-specific cap to stat benefits from Paragon levels, all while updating how Paragon point distribution is handled. For the duration of this Season, you can only assign 800 Paragon stat points to your character, removing the long-standing practice of main-stat stacking (with some gearing implications — see below) after you reach Paragon 800.
On top of that, you could only allocate 50 Paragon stat points to each of the four stats in a given Paragon category (Core, Offense, Defense, and Utility). In Season 29, you can allocate up to the full 200 points per category into any attribute, allowing you to more easily reach necessary build breakpoints (as outlined in the Gear page of the guide) for Cooldown Reduction, Resource Cost Reduction, etc.
With the changes to Paragon in mind, we recommend using the following Paragon distribution for this build:
- Core: Movement Speed: 200 points.
- Offense: Attack Speed: 200 points.
- Defense: Life and All Resistance: Allocate points to maximize survivability; for Witch Doctors, this is usually achieved by evenly splitting 100 points into Life (directly increasing your Health pool) and Armor (to complement the naturally high All Resistance stat of Intelligence-based characters).
- Utility: Area Damage: 200 points.
Season 29: Gearing Considerations
In terms of gear, keeping the Paragon cap in mind is paramount, as it stymies the traditional endless supply of main stat after Paragon 800. This means re-rolling mainstat off your gear is no longer desirable, and full equipment augmentation with your main stat is even more critical. Additionally, you should take a careful look at your build and consider if you can fit the following changes to strengthen your damage and survivability:
- Guardian's Jeopardy: This is a craftable armor set, and the recipe for its creation drops from Bounty farming. Guardian's 2-piece provides a decent damage reduction bonus, but the true powerhouse of the set is the 3-piece bonus, which nets you an additional 100% of your main stats from equipped items. This is a tremendous benefit in an 800 Paragon capped Season. If the Guardian set can fit into the build with minimal sacrifices (other craftable sets, tertiary damage multipliers, etc.), consider its implementation. The available pieces are Guardian's Aversion (Wrists), Guardian's Case (Waist), and Guardian's Gaze (Head). Of course, you can wear 2 pieces of the set and complete the full 3-piece bonus with a Ring of Royal Grandeur (found from Act I bounty caches).
- Endless Walk:This is a jewelry set consisting of The Traveler's Pledge (Amulet) and The Compass Rose (Ring), and is randomly found through farming, gambling Blood Shards, and/or Kanai's Cube recipes. The Endless Walk set is a nice compromise between damage bonuses (building up while stationary) and defensive bonuses (building up while moving). It can replace glass cannon choices like the Bastions of Will set ( Focus and Restraint) and Squirt's Necklace with acceptable losses to DPS.
- Unity: A character wearing this ring, along with another Unity on their follower plus an immortality relic for them (i.e., Enchanting Favor), will reduce their damage taken by 50%. Unity can roll excellent offense-oriented stats and has an innate Extra Damage to Elites roll, which somewhat offsets losing all-out offense jewelry.
- Legendary Gem 1: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Enforcer
- 13 Sep. 2023 (gear page): Added Season 29 Paragon Cap and Gearing recommendations.
- 13 Sep. 2023 (skills page): Added Season 29 Paragon Cap and Gearing recommendations.
- 13 Sep. 2023 (this page): Added Season 29 Paragon Cap and Gearing recommendations.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (gear page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 28.
- 22 Feb. 2023 (this page): Added Season 28 Altar of Rites recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (gear page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (skills page): Skills and passives reviewed for Season 27.
- 26 Aug. 2022 (this page): Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (gear page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (skills page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 14 Apr. 2022 (this page): Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (gear page): Guide revised according to the latest changes to the Arachyr set.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (skills page): Guide revised according to the latest changes to the Arachyr set.
- 06 Dec. 2021 (this page): Guide revised according to the latest changes to the Arachyr set.
- 07 Nov. 2021 (gear page): Guide added.
- 07 Nov. 2021 (skills page): Guide added.
- 07 Nov. 2021 (this page): Guide added.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Upcoming Dev Campfire Chat: November 30th
- Player Gathers All Uber Uniques and Asks “Did I Beat the Game?”
- Diablo 4 Steam Discount and Free Trial
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 20th
- Diablo 4 Mother’s Blessing XP and Gold Buff Bugged, to Be Increased and Live This Week
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.2.2 Hotfixes: November 17th
- Mother’s Blessing Returns to Sanctuary (November 20-27)