Barbarian Rend Build with Immortal King and Wrath of the Wastes
Welcome to our build guide for Rend Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
This end game Barbarian build mixes the powers of Immortal King and Wrath of the Wastes sets, combining the all-around utility of the former with the Rend powers of the latter. This mobile, DoT based playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
The basic skill setup of the Rend Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Whirlwind Blood Funnel 1 Rend Bloodbath 2 War Cry Veteran's Warning 3 Wrath of the Berserker Striding Giant 4 Call of the Ancients Together as One|
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Whirlwind Hurricane 1 Rend Bloodbath 2 Sprint Marathon 3 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity 4 Call of the Ancients Ancients' Fury|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Rend Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Immortal King's Triumph or Helm of the Wastes
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Wastes (mandatory)
- Gloves: Immortal King's Irons or Gauntlet of the Wastes
- Chest: Immortal King's Eternal Reign or Cuirass of the Wastes
- Belt: Immortal King's Tribal Binding (mandatory)
- Pants: Immortal King's Stature or Tasset of the Wastes
- Boots: Immortal King's Stride or Sabaton of the Wastes
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: Band of Might
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Immortal King's Boulder Breaker (mandatory)
4.2. Legendary Gems
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- 13 May 2019 (speed farming variant page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Changed jewelry for Patch 2.6.1. Band of Might and Convention of Elements replace Focus and Restraint.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): Updated jewelry recommendations to reflect 2.6.1 changes.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Changed ring options, as in the main build.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Wording updates to reflect the change in jewelry in the build.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)