Wrath of the Wastes Set
Welcome to our Wrath of the Wastes guide, where we tell you all about this Barbarian set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of the Wrath of the Wastes Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Wrath of the Wastes set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Helm of the Wastes — Desirable stats: Strength, Socket, Crit Chance, Skill Damage or Vitality
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Wastes — Desirable stats: Strength, Cooldown Reduction, All Resistance, Skill Damage or Area Damage
- Gloves: Gauntlet of the Wastes — Desirable stats: Strength, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Cooldown Reduction
- Chest: Cuirass of the Wastes — Desirable stats: Strength, 3 Sockets, Vitality, Skill Damage or Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: Tasset of the Wastes — Desirable stats: Strength, 2 Sockets, Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: Sabaton of the Wastes — Desirable stats: Strength, Vitality, All Resistance, Skill Damage or Armor
Note: Skill damage varies between slots due to Whirlwind damage rolling on the helm and boots, and Rend damage rolling on chest and shoulders. Area damage is also dropped in Rend builds.
How to Farm Wrath of the Wastes Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Wrath of the Wastes pieces.
How to use the Wrath of the Wastes set
The Wrath of the Wastes set splits its bonuses between Whirlwind and Rend, allowing for viable playstyles of both signature Barbarian skills. Equip this set if you want to build a highly mobile and relaxed farming and pushing playstyle centered around one of these two skills; its bonuses have no utility outside of that.
- 2-piece bonus
- Increase the damage per second of Rend by 500% and its duration to 15 seconds.
- 4-piece bonus
- During Whirlwind and for 3 seconds after, you gain 50% damage reduction and your applied Rends deal triple damage.
- 6-piece bonus
- Whirlwind gains the effect of the Dust Devils rune and all Whirlwind and Rend damage is increased by 10,000%.
The 2-piece bonus of the Wrath of the Wastes set triples the duration of Rend and ramps up its damage slightly, providing a nice starting point for your damage potential in very early, pre-complete set Season. The extra Rend length comes into play in the dedicated build, where you also synergize with a cubed Ambo's Pride to turn the DoT into a practical nuke. Keep in mind the synergy with the Lamentation belt as well, which allows for a doubled application of Rend on an enemy.
The 4-piece bonus of the Wrath of the Wastes set provides the vital damage reduction inherent to most sets, and solidifies the presence of Whirlwind in any version of the build. It also further ramps the Rend damage.
The 6-piece bonus of the Wrath of the Wastes set simply provides a massive damage increase to both skills the playstyle focuses on, Whirlwind and Rend. The addition of the Dust Devils rune allows Whirlwind-focused builds to use another utility rune in the freed up slot, i.e. Blood Funnel for healing.
Builds using the Wrath of the Wastes set
- 20 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Open Beta Known Issues
- Diablo 4 Beta World Boss Schedule
- How to Redeem Your Diablo 4 Key and Pre-Download the Game
- Diablo 4 Will Not Be on Microsoft's Game Pass
- Diablo 4 Beta FAQ: Download and Start Times, System Specs and More
- Diablo 4 Beta Live Action Trailer and Real Cathedral Mural
- Diablo 4 Open Beta Live Q&A on Twitter Spaces
- Diablo 4 Early Access and Open Beta Rewards