Crusader Akkhan Blessed Shield Build
Welcome to our build guide for Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.7 and Season 19.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
With massive numbers buffs in Patch 2.6.1, the dedicated legendaries from several patches prior finally elevate one of the signature Crusader skills, Blessed Shield, to an endgame state. This build uses the Armor of Akkhan set and plays on the compelling fantasy of using the shield as a weapon, charging it with holy might and reaping an entire field of demons with a single, mighty toss. This mid range, sustained damage playstyle is designed with Greater Rift solo progression in mind, but we also have a speed farming variation that you can access using the link below.
The basic skill setup of the Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Blessed Shield Combust Iron Skin Steel Skin 1 Laws of Valor Critical 2 Steed Charge Draw and Quarter 3 Consecration Bathed in Light 4 Akarat's Champion Prophet|
The required gear setup for the Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Helm of Akkhan
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of Akkhan
- Gloves: Gauntlets of Akkhan
- Chest: Breastplate of Akkhan
- Belt: Captain Crimson's Silk Girdle
- Pants: Captain Crimson's Thrust
- Boots: Sabatons of Akkhan
- Bracers: Akkhan's Manacles
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Gyrfalcon's Foote
- Offhand: Jekangbord
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
- 19 Nov. 2019 (gear page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (this page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 19 Nov. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 19.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (skills page): Reviewed for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (this page): Gear recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 22 Aug. 2019 (gear page): Gear recommendations have been revised for Season 18.
- 15 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 15 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 25 Nov. 2017 (this page): Slight revision to stat recommendations.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Added new build.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide