On a Good Day Conquest Guide
The On a Good Day (I Can't Stop for Hardcore) conquest requires that you level 3 legendary gems to level 65. Since it requires no build adaptation and resides firmly inside the core gameplay loop (you level legendary gems by necessity), this conquest is rated as easy difficulty.
Obtaining the On a Good Day Conquest
Greater Rifts are the only place you can obtain legendary gems and upgrade them. With a fresh character, every new completed Greater Rift will reward you with one legendary gem, until you fill your entire collection (the only exception to this rule is Boon of the Hoarder, which drops from the goblin Treasure Realm).
Urshi, the NPC that spawns after killing the Greater Rift Guardian, will be your source of legendary gem upgrades — but only if you finished the GR within the 15 minute timer. As a base, you get three chances to upgrade your gem. You gain an additional chance if you do not die even once inside the GR, and prior to starting the GR you can choose to pay gold to "empower" for yet another gem upgrade chance upon successful completion. The success of gem upgrades is displayed with a percentage based on the difference of GR level vs. current gem level:
- 100% upgrade chance for a 10 level difference;
- 90% chance for 9;
- 80% chance for 8;
- 70% chance for 7;
- 60% chance for a difference of 6 to 0 levels;
- 30% chance for -1;
- 15% chance for -2;
- 8% chance for -3;
- 4% chance for -4;
- 2% chance for -5;
- 1% chance for -6;
- 0% chance for -7;
With the goal of completing the On a Good Day conquest, try to play as close to the 10+ GR level difference from the gem level as you can. Naturally, stronger builds will widen that gap more easily — check out our tier system for an easy reference.
Always keep in mind that two legendary gems — Boon of the Hoarder and Iceblink — have a level cap of 50. If you are rushing this conquest for seasonal conquest leaderboards, abstain from leveling Boon of the Hoarder for a while; it is a wonderful early progression and farming gem, but will slow down your progress on this Conquest.
Recommended Builds for the Curses Conquest
The following builds are far from the only ones capable of getting On A Good Day done, but have been given as an example for their good overall strength to ease of playstyle ratio.
- Barbarian: Whirlwind/Rend Build;
- Crusader: Fist of Heavens Build;
- Demon Hunter: Impale Build;
- Monk: Tempest Rush Build;
- Necromancer: Bone Spear Build;
- Witch Doctor: Spirit Barrage Build;
- Wizard: Flame Blades Build.
- 23 Jul. 2021: Guide was approved for Season 24.
- 08 Apr. 2021: Minor revision to accommodate the updates of the game.
- 08 Nov. 2017: Added guide.
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3rd
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update, December 2021: +Skill Ranks Affixes, Legendary Affix Transfers, Paragon Talents, Visual Effects
- World First Hardcore Greater Rift 150 Solo Clear in Season 25
- Season 25 Demon Hunter Hotfix Now Live
- Big Blizzard Store Holiday Sale: D2R, Character Services, Shadowlands, Pets, Mounts and More
- Which Class to Play in Season 25?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update Coming in Late December
- All Diablo 3 Season 25 Guides (Patch 2.7.2)