Masters of the Universe Conquest Guide
Table of Contents
- 1. Overview of Masters of the Universe Conquest
- 2. Obtaining Masters of the Universe Conquest
- 3. Guides and Recommended Builds for the Masters of the Universe Conquest
- 4. ChangeLog
1. Overview of Masters of the Universe Conquest
The Masters of the Universe (Masters of Sets for Hardcore) conquest requires that you complete 8 Set Dungeons with a Mastery ranking, meaning that you complete both map objectives (varying from set to set) and kill all monsters within the time limit. Since this conquest requires a great deal of preparation and resides well outside of the core gameplay loop (set dungeons do not reward you in any way outside cosmetics), this conquest is rated as high difficulty.
2. Obtaining Masters of the Universe Conquest
Set Dungeons are a unique challenge tied to the bonuses of 6-piece class-specific sets. Set Dungeons are unique in their puzzle-like nature and lack of randomization: they have a fixed difficulty, layout, structure and enemy types, though the placement of the latter will vary. Keep in mind that Set Dungeons are largely designed to showcase a unique aspect of the 6-piece they are dedicated to, often to the detriment of traditional gameplay and character optimization. It is not uncommon that you will have to tone down your character power or respec in an unconventional way in order to beat its respective challenges.
Set dungeons are hidden across the various locations in adventure mode, their presence only revealed when you approach with the 6-piece bonuses of the respective set equipped. You can receive hints on each Set Dungeon's location by visiting Leoric's Library. Do so by taking the Act 1 Leoric's Manor Courtyard waypoint, entering the Manor, taking the flight of stairs to the right, then straight across the corridor, and down the main hall. You should come across a Tome of Set Dungeons, which will drop a clue to your currently worn set's Dungeon location. Alternatively, you can skip the investigation and check the exact location in our dedicated Set Dungeon guides below.
Note that you will receive clues and be able to enter the respective Set Dungeon only if you have the full bonuses of the set active, achieved by either wearing 6 pieces of the set, or 5 pieces plus a worn or cubed Ring of Royal Grandeur.
Set Dungeons are generally constructed as follows:
- A failure condition: taking fatal damage. This can be prevented via cheat death passives without failing the dungeon. Hardcore players should note that they are not in danger of losing their character inside a Set Dungeon.
- Two Primary Objectives. The first is usually related to killing monsters with skills enhanced by the set, sometimes imposing a limitation or a twist to the process. The second objective either closely follows the first (highlighting the quirks of the set), or adds an additional layer of limitations related to avoiding damage.
- A Basic and Mastery completion conditions. While Basic completion only requires one of the Primary Objectives and killing some of the monsters, the Mastery completion will demand both Objectives plus cleaning up the whole map. For the purposes of the Masters of the Universe conquest, we will be aiming for Mastery.
Currently there are four set dungeons per class, for a total of 28. Since the Set Dungeons feature was added prior to the Necromancer DLC class, only 24 of those (the base game and expansion characters' sets) are necessary for the wings cosmetic rewards. Basic completion of a Set Dungeon grants you a banner sigil, while mastery of all Set Dungeons of one class will reward you with a class-specific pennant cosmetic. Basic completion of all classes' Set Dungeons will reward you with Wings of the Dedicated, while their Mastery will net you, logically, the Wings of Mastery.
Keep in mind that the instructions and builds listed below are not the only way to complete this conquest. Take note of recommendations in the builds' gear pages, mix, match and experiment as much or as little as you'd like!
3. Guides and Recommended Builds for the Masters of the Universe Conquest
The following builds have been specifically designed to get you through the Masters of the Universe conquest.
- Barbarian: Immortal King's Call Set Dungeon Guide
- Barbarian: Might of the Earth Set Dungeon Guide
- Barbarian: Wrath of the Wastes Set Dungeon Guide
- Barbarian: The Legacy of Raekor Set Dungeon Guide
- Crusader: Thorns of the Invoker Set Dungeon Guide
- Crusader: Seeker of the Light Set Dungeon Guide
- Crusader: Roland's Legacy Set Dungeon Guide
- Crusader: Armor of Akkhan Set Dungeon Guide
- Demon Hunter: Natalya's Vengeance Set Dungeon Guide
- Demon Hunter: The Shadow's Mantle Set Dungeon Guide
- Demon Hunter: Unhallowed Essence Set Dungeon Guide
- Demon Hunter: Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon Guide
- Monk: Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon Guide
- Monk: Uliana's Stratagem Set Dungeon Guide
- Monk: Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) Set Dungeon Guide
- Monk: Inna's Mantra Set Dungeon Guide
- Necromancer: Trag'Oul's Avatar Set Dungeon Guide
- Necromancer: Grace of Inarius Set Dungeon Guide
- Necromancer: Pestilence Master's Shroud Set Dungeon Guide
- Necromancer: Bones of Rathma Set Dungeon Guide
- Witch Doctor: Zunimassa's Haunt Set Dungeon Guide
- Witch Doctor: Raiment of the Jade Harvester Set Dungeon Guide
- Witch Doctor: Helltooth Harness Set Dungeon Guide
- Witch Doctor: Spirit of Arachyr Set Dungeon Guide
- Wizard: Tal Rasha's Elements Set Dungeon Guide
- Wizard: Vyr's Amazing Arcana Set Dungeon Guide
- Wizard: Firebird's Finery Set Dungeon Guide
- Wizard: Delsere's Magnum Opus Set Dungeon Guide
- 09 Mar. 2018: Added Wizard builds.
- 05 Mar. 2018: Added Witch Doctor builds.
- 04 Mar. 2018: Added Necromancer builds.
- 03 Mar. 2018: Added Monk builds.
- 02 Mar. 2018: Added Demon Hunter builds.
- 01 Mar. 2018: Added Barbarian builds.
- 18 Feb. 2018: Added Crusader builds.
- 17 Feb. 2018: Added guide.
- Newbie questions
- Akkhan Blessed Shield Crusader
- Shadow Impale Demon Hunter
- Lightning Archon Wizard
- Monk The Thrill Conquest
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- Wizard missing Teleport spell
- Salvage Guide