Roland's Legacy Set
Welcome to our Roland's Legacy guide, where we tell you all about this Crusader set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Roland's Legacy Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Roland's Legacy set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Roland's Visage — Desirable stats: Strength, Socket, Crit Chance, Skill Damage
- Shoulders: Roland's Mantle — Desirable stats: Strength, Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage, Skill Damage
- Gloves: Roland's Grasp — Desirable stats: Strength, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Roland's Bearing — Desirable stats: Strength, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: Roland's Determination — Desirable stats: Strength, 2 Sockets, Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: Roland's Stride — Desirable stats: Strength, Skill Damage, Vitality, All Resistance
How to Farm Roland's Legacy Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Roland's Legacy pieces.
How to Use the Roland's Legacy Set
The Roland's Legacy set splits its bonuses between Shield Bash and Sweep Attack, allowing for viable playstyles for both Crusader spenders. The playstyles of this set are usually resource intensive and constantly Law usage and Defensive skills, so if you are looking for a more strategic approach to your engagements, this just might be the set for you.
- 2-piece bonus
- Every use of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack reduces the cooldowns of your Laws and Defensive Skills by 1 second.
- 4-piece bonus
- Increase the damage of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack by 13,000%.
- 6-piece bonus
- Every use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack that hits an enemy grants 75% increased Attack Speed and 15% damage reduction for 8 seconds. This effect stacks up to 5 times.
The 2-piece bonus of the Roland's Legacy set reduces the cooldowns of your Laws and Defensive skills for each use of Shield Bash or Sweep Attack, lending to the spammy nature of the set's fighting style — reinforced even further by the 6-piece bonus. This set bonus is the basis of your survivability, and all but mandates the inclusion of Iron Skin and a law of your choice into the build.
The 4-piece bonus of the Roland's Legacy set is atypically damage-oriented, providing a significant chunk of the damage potential of Shield Bash and Sweep Attack playstyles. This makes it one of the easier sets to complete a Seasonal Journey with, since it gets its power spike fairly early on.
The 6-piece bonus of the Roland's Legacy set combines an offensive and a defensive power, stacking your Attack Speed and Damage Reduction at once. The stacking nature of this bonus, as well as its focus on constant attacks, solidifies the spammy reputation of the set — but note the resource demands associated with that, and their necessary mitigation via careful positioning and items like Golden Flense and Drakon's Lesson.
Builds Using the Roland's Legacy Set
- 20 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- WARNING! Accidental Character Deletions in Diablo 2: Resurrected
- Pindleskin Farm Changes in Diablo 2: Resurrected
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Patch Notes: September 24th
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Now Live on All Platforms
- Incredibly Useful Runeword Calculator for Diablo 2: Resurrected
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Class Guides and Skill Calculator
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard