Might of the Earth Set
Welcome to our Might of the Earth guide, where we tell you all about this Barbarian set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Might of the Earth set pieces and desirable rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Might of the Earth set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Eyes of the Earth — Desirable stats: Strength, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Spires of the Earth — Desirable stats: Strength, Skill Damage, Area Damage, All Resistance
- Gloves: Pull of the Earth — Desirable stats: Strength, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Spirit of the Earth — Desirable stats: Strength, 3 Sockets, Skill Damage, Vitality
- Pants: Weight of the Earth — Desirable stats: Strength, 2 Sockets, Vitality, All Resistance
- Boots: Foundation of the Earth — Desirable stats: Strength, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
How to Farm Might of the Earth Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Might of the Earth pieces.
How to Use the Might of the Earth set
The Might of the Earth set is dedicated to a subset of large-AoE damaging Barbarian skills: most importantly Earthquake, but also Avalanche, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam. It also adds additional effects to utility cooldowns like Ground Stomp and Leap, encouraging an amalgamation between utility, control and zoned destruction.
- 2-piece bonus
- Reduce the cooldown of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, and Ground Stomp by 1 second for every 30 Fury you spend with an attack.
- 4-piece bonus
- Leap causes an Earthquake when you land. Additionally, Leap gains the effect of the Iron Impact rune and the rune's effect and duration are increased by 150%.
- 6-piece bonus
- Increase the damage of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap, Ground Stomp, Ancient Spear and Seismic Slam by 20,000%.
The 2-piece bonus of the Might of the Earth set reduces the cooldowns of Earthquake, Avalanche, Leap and Ground Stomp by 1 second for every 30 Fury spent. This offers targeted synergy with resource dump spenders like Seismic Slam Rumble and Ancient Spear Boulder Toss, allowing for instant resets of your crucial skills. Seismic Slam is the recommended spender in a MotE setup, due to the Girdle of Giants bonuses.
The 4-piece bonus of the Might of the Earth set produces one of the signature effects of the playstyle, triggering an Earthquake when you land with Leap. You also gain an empowered version of the Iron Impact rune, granting the necessary survivability to any set worth its salt. Note the 4-piece bonus' synergy with Lut Socks and Band of Might, both usually cubed, as well as the benefits from the passive Earthen Might, which keeps your resource pool ready for dumps.
The 6-piece bonus of the Might of the Earth set simply offers a massive damage boost to the roster of skills associated with the set.
Builds using the Might of the Earth set
- 20 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 3 Season 24 Ethereals for All Classes
- Ethereals Will Be Considered Ancient for LoD / LoN Builds in Season 24
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update to Focus on Characters
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Release Date Is September 23rd
- Season 24 and Patch 2.7.1 Notes, PTR on the 17th
- Global Battle.net Rolling Out Today
- No BlizzCon Planned for 2021
- IGN Report on Blizzard Departures and the Company's Future, With Insider Info