The Typhon's Veil Set
Welcome to our Typhon's Veil guide, where we tell you all about this Wizard set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of The Typhon's Veil Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of The Typhon's Veil set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Typhon's Frons — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Typhon's Tibia — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Hydra Skill %, Area Damage, Cooldown Reduction
- Gloves: Typhon's Claws — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Attack Speed
- Chest: Typhon's Thorax — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Hydra Skill %, Vitality, 3 Sockets
- Pants: Typhon's Abdomen — Desirable stats: Intelligence, 2 Sockets, Vitality, Armor
- Boots: Typhon's Tarsus — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Vitality, Armor, All Resistance
How to Farm The Typhon's Veil Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting The Typhon's Veil pieces.
How to Use The Typhon's Veil Set
The Typhon's Veil is a strictly Hydra-oriented set, and the entirety of its bonuses revolve around enhancing the skill's utility and damage bonuses, as well as introducing a damage reduction mechanic tied to its use. When considering this set, take into account the full 6-piece investment, as well as synergistic items like Serpent's Sparker and The Magistrate, to make full use of its bonuses.
- 2-piece bonus
- Double the duration of Hydras and increase the number of heads on multi-headed Hydras by two.
- 4-piece bonus
- Damage taken is reduced by 8% for each Hydra head alive. Each time you take damage, a head dies. A head cannot die more than once every 2 seconds.
- 6-piece bonus
- Hydras deal 1300% increased damage for each Hydra head alive.
The 2-piece bonus of The Typhon's Veil set doubles the duration of the Hydra summons — from the base 15 seconds, to a whopping 30-second duration. It also doubles the head count of multi-headed Hydra runes, going from 3 to 6; this notably eschews the last rune, Mammoth Hydra, which is a single-headed summon.
The 4-piece bonus of The Typhon's Veil set offers a novel take on the "halving of incoming damage" necessity of Diablo 3 sets by offering damage reduction per living Hydra head, with the added condition that each time you take damage, a Hydra head dies (at a cap of one head per 2 seconds). This encourages safer, mid-to-long distance play with the Hydra build, and demands that you actively track the number of living Hydra heads at any given time — actively resummoning before you lose too much DR.
The 6-piece bonus of The Typhon's Veil set is a straightforward damage scaling bonus, multiplying your DPS for each living Hydra head. Much like the 4-piece damage reduction bonus, this necessitates that you keep track of the condition of your Hydras, and recast frequently.
Builds using The Typhon's Veil set
- 13 Mar. 2020: Edited to reflect the current state of the set, plus additional explanations.
- 03 Feb. 2020: Page added.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Act 3, 4 and 5 Cinematics Datamined
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Launch Guide: Release Times, Pre-load and More
- All the Changes in Diablo 2: Resurrected Compared to Original
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Special Diablo 2: Resurrected Physical Version with Real Stone of Jordan Sent to Streamers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected: the Story So Far
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Release Time and Cinematic Trailer
- Incredibly Impressive Diablo 2: Resurrected PC Case