Horde of the Ninety Savages Set
Welcome to our Horde of the Ninety Savages guide, where we tell you all about this Barbarian set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Horde of the Ninety Savages Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Horde of the Ninety Savages set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Skull of Savages — Desirable stats: Strength, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Spines of Savages — Desirable stats: Strength, Cooldown Reduction, All Resistance, Area Damage
- Gloves: Claws of Savages — Desirable stats: Strength, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Attack Speed
- Chest: Markings of Savages — Desirable stats: Strength, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: Leggings of Savages — Desirable stats: Strength, 2 Sockets, Frenzy Skill %, Vitality or All Resistance
- Boots: Heel of Savages — Desirable stats: Strength, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
How to Farm Horde of the Ninety Savages Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Horde of the Ninety Savages pieces.
How to Use the Horde of the Ninety Savages Set
The Horde of the Ninety Savages splits duties between a damage buffing and support-oriented set, empowering the powerful 'Shout' utility category with at its lowest set bonus, and greatly increasing the offensive and defensive capabilities of Frenzy with greater set completion. You can either make the small 2-piece investment when playing Support, or go the full 6-piece route when trying to construct a full Frenzy build.
- 2-piece bonus
- Double the effectiveness of all Shouts. Feared, Frozen, or Stunned Enemies take double damage.
- 4-piece bonus
- Each stack of Frenzy reduces damage taken by 6%. Frenzy lasts twice as long.
- 6-piece bonus
- Frenzy deals 1000% increased damage per stack.
The 2-piece bonus of the Horde of the Ninety Savages set doubles the effectiveness of all your Shouts. While 'Shouts' might be somewhat undefined at first glance, they are simply the skills under the 'Tactics' category, and are more clearly listed by the Inspiring Presence passive as Battle Rage, Threatening Shout and War Cry. The 2-piece Savages set bonus will double the effectiveness of both the base Shout skill, as well as any rune you have selected. In practice, this is a great incentive for the inclusion of staples like Battle Rage Bloodshed, Threatening Shout Falter and War Cry Veteran's Warning. The set also multiplies damage against hard crowd controlled enemies (feared, frozen, stunned), which is easily fulfilled via the rune Smite (usually acquired through The Undisputed Champion's unique property) and CC stats on gear, i.e. Chance to Freeze in the secondary stats of your Mighty Belt.
The 4-piece bonus of the Horde of the Ninety Savages set is a straightforward damage reduction source, stacking in 6% increments per attack of Frenzy, up to a maximum of 10 stacks via the bonus of Bastion's Revered. While the set bonus comfortably extends the Frenzy stack duration, never neglect to land an attack at least once every 8 seconds to maintain this hefty survivability bonus.
The 6-piece bonus of the Horde of the Ninety Savages set simply offers a massive damage multiplier to Frenzy, again — tied to the stacking mechanic of the skill and necessitating the inclusion of Bastion's Revered to gain maximum benefits. Note that The Undisputed Champion is also a supremely valuable addition to Savages set builds, as it offers all the runes of Frenzy at once and adds another damage multiplier.
Builds using the Horde of the Ninety Savages set
- 13 Mar. 2020: Edited to reflect the current state of the set, plus additional explanations.
- 03 Feb. 2020: Page added.
- BlizzCon 2023 in Coming on Nov 3-4
- World Boss Ashava Spawn Times on the Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Diablo 4 World Boss Ashava Solo Hardcore Kill at Level 20
- Necromancer Skeletons Buffed in Diablo 4 Server Slam
- Icy Veins is Getting a New Look
- Diablo 4 Server Slam: Known Issues List
- Diablo 4 Post-Launch Updates: What to Expect?
- Get Diablo 4 with Select GeForce RTX 40 Series