LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
The Spirit Barrage LoN build is a capable speed farming build — only suffering on unfavorable long distance layouts or bounties, where a Manajuma-based build is able to outrun it to the destination. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
|Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Horrify Stalker 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
The following skill selection alterations will be necessary:
- Enemy grouping from Piranhas Piranhado will not be necessary in the one-shot territories of speed farming, so it is recommended that you swap this slot out for Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts. The summons will be paired with Fierce Loyalty in your passives for extra speed, replacing the unneeded Creeping Death.
- Horrify will be kept in the build, but the excessive defense of Frightening Aspect should be replaced by the speed boost from Stalker.
- Changing the rune of Soul Harvest from the defensive Languish into the speed-oriented Soul to Waste.
The timing mechanics of Convention of Elements are unfit for speedruns; you should use Rechel's Ring of Larceny instead. Rechel's Ring of Larceny will greatly increase your movement speed after Fearing an enemy, a bonus you can take advantage at will with the inclusion of Horrify in the build. Note that you can either wear this ring, or place the staple Ring of Emptiness in its stead and cube your weaker rolled item.
Exchange the extra damage of the progression-oriented The Witching Hour for Goldwrap; paired with an Avarice Band and gemmed Boon of the Hoarder, this belt will render you practically invulnerable while farming.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, taking down Champions and Rift Guardians no longer requires chewing through a near-insurmountable wall of health like in high Greater Rift progression. Thus, you can take off Bane of the Stricken for Boon of the Hoarder (in normal Rifts) or Bane of the Powerful (in lower GRs).
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In lower tier difficulties, chaining elite kills in the matter of seconds will not be uncommon. As such, In-geom will provide the biggest boon in your weapon Cube slot by practically nullifying all your vital cooldowns ( Spirit Walk, Piranhado).
If you choose to slot Boon of the Hoarder in your sockets while running regular Rifts, your biggest source of survivability easily becomes Goldwrap. This belt renders you practically invulnerable as long as you maintain your killing streak and pick up the streaks of gold from the gem. In lower tier GRs, simply swap this slot back to Lakumba's Ornament.
In the jewelry slot, cube Rechel's Ring of Larceny to enjoy one of the strongest speed buffs in the game — constantly triggered by your Horrify Stalker resets. An alternative here is Ring of Emptiness, depending on your weaker rolled item.
During Season 22, you are able to add Voo's Juicer and gain some nice mana and life restoration properties on your main damage dealing skill.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020: Guide revised to reflect the changes in pet damage calculation.
- 14 Mar. 2020: Guide adjusted to reflect the changes to Ring of Emptiness.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3
- Masquerade Bone Spear Necromancer
- Mundunugu Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor
- Witch Doctor Jade Set Dungeon
- Wizard Frozen Orb Build With LoD
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Frenzy HotNS Barbarian
- Demon Hunter Embodiment of the Marauder Set Dungeon
- Monk Raiment of a Thousand Storms Set Dungeon