LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
The Spirit Barrage LoN build is a capable speed farming build — only suffering on unfavorable long distance layouts or bounties, where a Manajuma-based build is able to outrun it to the destination. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
|Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Horrify Stalker 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
The following skill selection alterations will be necessary:
- Enemy grouping from Piranhas Piranhado will not be necessary in the one-shot territories of speed farming, so it is recommended that you swap this slot out for Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts. The summons will be paired with Fierce Loyalty in your passives for extra speed, replacing the unneeded Creeping Death.
- Horrify will be kept in the build, but the excessive defense of Frightening Aspect should be replaced by the speed boost from Stalker.
- Changing the rune of Soul Harvest from the defensive Languish into the speed-oriented Soul to Waste.
The timing mechanics of Convention of Elements are unfit for speedruns; you should use Rechel's Ring of Larceny instead. Rechel's Ring of Larceny will greatly increase your movement speed after Fearing an enemy, a bonus you can take advantage at will with the inclusion of Horrify in the build. Note that you can either wear this ring, or place the staple Ring of Emptiness in its stead and cube your weaker rolled item.
Exchange the extra damage of the progression-oriented The Witching Hour for Goldwrap; paired with an Avarice Band and gemmed Boon of the Hoarder, this belt will render you practically invulnerable while farming.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, taking down Champions and Rift Guardians no longer requires chewing through a near-insurmountable wall of health like in high Greater Rift progression. Thus, you can take off Bane of the Stricken for Boon of the Hoarder (in normal Rifts) or Bane of the Powerful (in lower GRs).
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
In lower tier difficulties, chaining elite kills in the matter of seconds will not be uncommon. As such, In-geom will provide the biggest boon in your weapon Cube slot by practically nullifying all your vital cooldowns ( Spirit Walk, Piranhado).
If you choose to slot Boon of the Hoarder in your sockets while running regular Rifts, your biggest source of survivability easily becomes Goldwrap. This belt renders you practically invulnerable as long as you maintain your killing streak and pick up the streaks of gold from the gem. In lower tier GRs, simply swap this slot back to Lakumba's Ornament.
In the jewelry slot, cube Rechel's Ring of Larceny to enjoy one of the strongest speed buffs in the game — constantly triggered by your Horrify Stalker resets. An alternative here is Ring of Emptiness, depending on your weaker rolled item.
- 14 Mar. 2020: Guide adjusted to reflect the changes to Ring of Emptiness.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Item recommendations are revised for Season 18.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)