Monk Support Build With Inna
Welcome to our build guide for Support Monk in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
With group compositions heavily favoring crowd control, damage mitigation and health sustain, the support Monk maintains a strong position in the metagame. This crowd control and buff-oriented build is strictly multiplayer oriented, a zero DPS spec that plays part of a composition with other damage dealing party members.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Support Monk is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Crippling Wave Tsunami Blinding Flash Crippling Light 1 Epiphany Soothing Mist 2 Cyclone Strike Implosion 3 Inner Sanctuary Temple of Protection 4 Mantra of Healing Time of Need|
2.2. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Support Monk is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Lefebvre's Soliloquy
- Gloves: Inna's Hold
- Chest: Inna's Vast Expanse (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Belt: Inna's Favor
- Pants: Inna's Temperance
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Dexterity
- Ring 1: Oculus Ring
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon: The Slanderer
- Offhand: Little Rogue
2.3. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 2: Iceblink
- Legendary Gem 3: Gem of Efficacious Toxin
2.4. Kanai's Cube
3. Role in the Current Meta
The build is strictly meant for group Greater Rifting, as it entirely revolves on supporting DPS party members and deals no damage on its own. In meta terms, the Support Monk is a highly desirable build in any high Greater Rift progression party.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 17 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (this page): Reverted the guide to its pure Inna version to accommodate the meta needs.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Reverted the guide to its pure Inna state.
- 26 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Removed Uliana recommendations and replaced them with an optional Uliana setup.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (this page): Guide adjusted to a more favorable setup, mixed with the Uliana set.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (skills page): Added Exploding Palm to go with the Ulyana pieces.
- 28 Oct. 2017 (gear page): Added 2 Uliana pieces.
- 30 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for Patch 2.6 and moved to new guide format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)