Sunwuko (Monkey King's Garb) Set
Welcome to our Sunwuko (Monkey King's Garb) guide, where we tell you all about this Monk set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of the Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Sunwuko's Crown — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Socket, Crit Chance, Skill Damage
- Shoulders: Sunwuko's Balance — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Cooldown Reduction, Area Damage, Resource Cost Reduction
- Gloves: Sunwuko's Paws — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Sunwuko's Soul — Desirable stats: Dexterity, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction and Secondary Resist
- Pants: Sunwuko's Leggings — Desirable stats: Dexterity, 2 Sockets, Vitality, Armor and Secondary Resist
- Amulet: Sunwuko's Shines — Desirable stats: Socket, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Elemental Damage
How to Farm Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) pieces.
How to Use the Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) Set
The Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) focuses on Sweeping Wind as a primary set mechanic, forcing you to keep the skill active to maintain the massive damage bonuses to three targeted skills — Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush and Wave of Light. Unsurprisingly, its powers offer one of the strongest ways to bring the three Monk Spirit spenders into the endgame. The Sunwuko set relies heavily on Vengeful Wind, making it one of the mandatory supporting pieces for the set. Sunwuko-based specs are also notoriously Spirit-heavy, making them very demanding in terms of utility stats (cooldown reduction, resource cost reduction), and usually enforcing the Spirit regen rune Inner Storm on Sweeping Wind.
- 2-piece bonus
- Your damage taken is reduced by 50% while Sweeping Wind is active.
- 4-piece bonus
- Every second Sweeping Wind spawns a decoy next to the last enemy you hit that taunts nearby enemies and then explodes for 1000% weapon damage for each stack of Sweeping Wind you have.
- 6-piece bonus
- Lashing Tail Kick, Tempest Rush, and Wave of Light have their damage increased by 1500% for each stack of Sweeping Wind you have.
The 2-piece set bonus of Sunwuko offers the typical set damage reduction bonus earlier than most, making a beginner Sunwuko build surprisingly durable.
The 4-piece set bonus provides one of the more subtle Sunwuko set bonuses, spawning an explosive clone that provides indirect mitigation through its taunt mechanic.
The 6-piece set bonus scales the damage of the three Monk spenders — Tempest Rush, Lashing Tail Kick and Wave of Light — based on the number of Sweeping Wind stacks, marrying the build to the Vengeful Wind fist weapon and forcing the playstyle of constant (if easy) Sweeping Wind upkeep.
Builds using the Monkey King's Garb (Sunwuko) set
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- The Darkening of Tristram Returns January 3
- All Diablo 2 and Lord of Destruction Cinematics in 8K and 60 FPS
- Diablo Immortal Alpha Gameplay and a Detailed Review/Look at the Systems
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Diablo Immortal's Monetization Model Revealed