Necromancer Bone Storm Build With Inarius Set
Welcome to our build guide for Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.1 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Ripping the skeletal structure from his very foes to encase himself in a protective vortex of sharpened bone, the Inarius Necromancer turns to close combat spellcasting to resolve conflicts. Empowered through a mixture of legendary gems and supplementary skills, the Bone Storm Necromancer offers a melee, sustain damage playstyle available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Potency 1 Decrepify Dizzying Curse 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 4 Land of the Dead Frozen Lands|
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Frailty Aura of Frailty 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 4 Land of the Dead Shallow Graves|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Inarius's Understanding
- Shoulders: Inarius's Martyrdom
- Gloves: Inarius's Will
- Chest: Inarius's Conviction (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Inarius's Reticence
- Boots: Inarius's Perseverance
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Krysbin's Sentence
- Weapon: Reilena's Shadowhook
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Pain Enhancer
- Legendary Gem 3: Mirinae, Teardrop of the Starweaver
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
- Armor Slot: Aquila Cuirass (or Nemesis Bracers in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Wisdom of Kalan
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but do not necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): Minor updates to the guide for Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (speed farming variant page): Removed note about Fueled by Death bug.
- 12 Jul. 2017 (this page): Tier position lowered due to lowered proc rate of legendary gems.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Whirlwind Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Sweep Attack Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- s17 LoN builds
- Salvage Guide
- Trag'Oul Nec Builds