Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.8 and Season 20.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Inarius Bone Storm Necromancer deals excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. With the appropriate gear modifications outlined below, it should also prove as a reliable and capable bounty farming build. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Frailty Aura of Frailty 2 Bone Armor Dislocation 3 Corpse Lance Brittle Touch 4 Land of the Dead Shallow Graves|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Making a mental note to spam Bone Armor on enemy packs during In-geom uptime. The In-geom proc will effectively nullify that cooldown, allowing you an easy proc of Krysbin's Sentence on every pack with a Dislocation cast.
- Swapping the defensive Potency rune of Blood Rush for the double charges of Metabolism.
- Swapping the defensive Decrepify curse for the automated, offense staple Frailty Aura of Frailty. Note the extension of the aura radius through your gold pickup radius — an important factor that you will influence through gearing (see below).
- Changing the defensive Frozen Lands rune on Land of the Dead with the longer lasting Shallow Graves rune.
- In the passives, replacing the progression-oriented Blood is Power CDR for the speed utility of Fueled by Death.
The balancing act of the Endless Walk set greatly diminishes in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. When doing farming content, the recommended jewelry split is to retain Krysbin's Sentence (for the consistent damage increase) and an Avarice Band. Avarice Band is an Act III cache legendary that, in conjunction with a gemmed Boon of the Hoarder and a worn Goldwrap, will render you practically invulnerable during Normal Rift farming. Note that it also extends your pickup radius up to the whopping 30 yards as you pick up gold, enabling a near screen-wide effect to Aura of Frailty.
Ideally you will finish off the farming jewelry with a nicely rolled Wisdom of Kalan. This enables you to store Ring of Royal Grandeur in the jewelry Cube slot, and to drop an Inarius set piece for a speed farming-appropriate legendary. An example of that would be to drop Inarius's Perseverance for the movement speed increase of Steuart's Greaves.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, sheer number of attacks required to take down enemies is much smaller, allowing you to cut out Gem of Efficacious Toxin in favor of Boon of the Hoarder — part of the gold utility triumvirate outlined above.
|Torso and Pants||
Adapting Kanai's Cube
As previously mentioned, it is recommended that you swap out Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang from the Weapon slot in Kanai's Cube; its damage multiplication is welcome if you need it, but it ends up being a slower option to simply cubing In-geom. This speed farming staple cuts cooldowns by 10 seconds flat for a generous 15 second period after killing an elite, ensuring very high uptime on vital cooldowns and resulting in higher damage overall.
Depending on your confidence in your own toughness, you can also drop Aquila Cuirass for the extra movement speed of Warzechian Armguards, who proc consistently off the environment destruction caused by the bone tornado.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Oct. 2017: Removed note about Fueled by Death bug.
- Challenge Rift 144 Guides
- Blizzard Provides Staff with Care Packages During Lockdown
- Rod Ferguson's Diablo 4 Tweets, Art Director Images
- Challenge Rift 143 Guides
- Best Starter Builds for Path of Exile: Delirium
- Blizzard Implementing Work from Home Policy Due to Coronavirus
- How to Launch Diablo 3 Without the Battle.net Client
- All Class Guides for Diablo 3 Season 20, Patch 2.6.8
- LoD Hydra Wizard
- Monk Sunwuko Set Dungeon
- PoJ Tempest Rush Monk
- Holy Shotgun Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Uliana Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Blood Nova Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoD Poison Nova Necromancer
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)