Necromancer Generator Build with Grace of Inarius
Welcome to our build guide for Generator Necromancer in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
One of the more unique takes on Inarius set gameplay, the Grim Scythe Generator Necromancer trades the mixed appeal of long cooldown builds for proactive, resource-intensive interplay. This melee range, fast attack speed playstyle is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Inarius Generator Necromancer is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Potency 1 Skeletal Mage Singularity 2 Death Nova Blight 3 Command Skeletons Kill Command 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Blood Rush Metabolism 1 Skeletal Mage Contamination 2 Frailty Aura of Frailty 3 Command Skeletons Kill Command 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Inarius Generator Necromancer is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Inarius's Understanding
- Shoulders: Inarius's Martyrdom
- Gloves: Inarius's Will
- Chest: Inarius's Conviction
- Belt: Dayntee's Binding
- Pants: Inarius's Reticence (or Depth Diggers in Season 16)
- Boots: Inarius's Perseverance
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Wisdom of Kalan
- Ring 1: Unity
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang
- Offhand: Leger's Disdain
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Simplicity's Strength
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Nayr's Black Death
- Armor Slot: Depth Diggers (or Ancient Parthan Defenders in Season 16)
- Jewelry Slot: Krysbin's Sentence
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a Mid Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If you are looking for a strong build that will easily finish the Seasonal Journey, but do not necessarily care for high leaderboard placement, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at solo Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. It is also not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (skills page): Added the guide.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (this page): Added the guide.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (speed farming variant page): Added the guide.
- 27 Mar. 2018 (gear page): Added the guide.
- HotA Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Archon Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- Some ideas to make a Rapid Fire build viable
- New'ish Build: Blood God Build
- Seismic Slam Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Leapquake Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)