Generator Necromancer Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Generator Necromancer. Updated for patch 2.6.9 and Season 21.
Normal Rift Speed Farming Variation
The Inarius Generator Necromancer deals excellently with Normal Rift farming all the way through the highest Torment difficulties. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe Skeletal Mage Contamination 1 Simulacrum Blood and Bone 2 Blood Rush Metabolism 3 Command Skeletons Kill Command 4 Bone Armor Dislocation|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Retaining a large part of your skill lineup: most of your damage will still come from Grim Scythe Cursed Scythe, mimicked by your Simulacrum Blood and Bone summons.
- Making a mental note to spam Bone Armor on enemy packs during In-geom uptime. The In-geom proc will effectively nullify that cooldown, allowing you an easy proc of Krysbin's Sentence on every pack with a Dislocation cast.
- In order not to overkill on DPS, swapping one of your poison procs (from the likes of Bone Spear Blighted Marrow, Command Skeletons Kill Command and such) to the massive movement speed boon of Blood Rush Metabolism.
Both the extra toughness form Unity and the timed damage increase of Convention of Elements greatly diminish in usefulness during Normal Rift farming. That progresion-oriented jewelry will be better replaced by a split between Krysbin's Sentence (for the ubiquitous Necromancer-specific damage buff) and an Avarice Band (for the synergy with Goldwrap and Boon of the Hoarder). Avarice Band is an Act III cache legendary that, in conjunction with a gemmed Boon of the Hoarder and a worn Goldwrap, will render you practically invulnerable during Normal Rift farming. Note that it also extends your pickup radius up to the whopping 30 yards as you pick up gold.
While it might seem like a massive damage loss at first, it is highly recommended that you drop Trag'Oul's Corroded Fang during speed farming for the unlimited Blood Rush mobility provided by In-geom resets.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In speed runs, sheer number of attacks required to take down enemies is much smaller, allowing you to cut out Bane of the Stricken in favor of Boon of the Hoarder — part of the gold utility triumvirate outlined above.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
Alterations to the Kanai's Cube selection will not be necessary, and we recommend that you stick to the choices from the progression build — Nayr's Black Death, Razeth's Volition or Depth Diggers (according to your worse roll), and Ring of Royal Grandeur to tie Inarius and extra legendaries together.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 08 Jul. 2020: Overhauled the guide to include item recommendations based on the revised powers of Haunted Visions and Razeth's Volition.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Reviewed for Season 18.
- 12 May 2019: Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 27 Mar. 2018: Added the guide.
- Season 22 PTR Extended to October 27th
- Diablo Season 22 PTR End Date
- Diablo 4 Hiring a Real-time Cutscene Designer
- An Update on the Development of StarCraft II
- Players Join Protests Against Blizzard France In-Game
- Diablo 3 Season 22 PTR Extended
- Most Wanted Diablo 4 Classes
- Season 22 PTR Hotfixes, Site Upgrades