Wizard DMO Frozen Orb Build
Welcome to our build guide for DMO Frozen Orb Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Calling back to powers as ancient as the Sorceresses in Diablo II, the Frozen Orb Wizard emerges as one of the strongest builds in Patch 2.6.1. Using the powers of Delsere's Magnum Opus set, this build bends and slows time itself, while hurling devastating orbs of arctic destruction. This bursty, control-heavy spec is strictly oriented at Greater Rift progression.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the DMO Frozen Orb Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Shock Pulse Piercing Orb Arcane Orb Frozen Orb 1 Explosive Blast Chain Reaction 2 Black Hole Spellsteal 3 Slow Time Stretch Time 4 Storm Armor Power of the Storm|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the DMO Frozen Orb Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Shrouded Mask
- Shoulders: Dashing Pauldrons of Despair
- Gloves: Fierce Gauntlets (or Frostburn in Season 16)
- Chest: Harness of Truth
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Leg Guards of Mystery
- Boots: Striders of Destiny
- Bracers: Strongarm Bracers
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Convention of Elements
- Weapon: Unstable Scepter
- Offhand: Triumvirate
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
The build is constructed for solo Greater Rifting, as one or more of its core mechanics are deemed too slow or timing-oriented for the quick nature of Normal Rifts and Bounties. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (skills page): Revised the skill selection to improve the endgame pushing potential of the build.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (this page): Revised the guide to improve the endgame pushing potential of the build.
- 12 Nov. 2017 (gear page): Revised the item selection to improve the endgame pushing potential of the build.
- 30 Oct. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)