Hanamura Temple Strategy
Welcome to our strategy guide for Hanamura Temple, a Battleground in Heroes of the Storm. In these pages you will find everything required to understand how it is designed, from Map Objectives to Mercenary Camps, and how to play it, from drafting to team strategy.
Hanamura Temple's Metagame Strategy
Being a 2-lane Battleground with a straight-forward design, the metagame strategy for Hanamura Temple is to have your 4-man in a lane (usually bottom) and your Solo Laner in the other one (usually top).
Considering that this Battleground features only 2 lanes and they are far from each other, it is not that easy to quickly rotate between them as a team, however, it is relatively easy to roam alone from the main group to the solo lane to do a gank that can be executed by Heroes good at that.
The 4-man will usually take care of Mercenary Camps while the Solo Laner will be busy catching as much Experience as possible from Minions while also being ready to join the rest of the team when appropriate—when the enemy team is trying to invade Mercenary Camps or when your team is trying to complete the Objective.
Hanamura Temple's Tips and Tricks
- Use the first Healing Fountain before or around 1:00 minute because the first Objective on Hanamura Temple activates at 3:00 minutes, so you will have it back in time.
- You should capture the Samurai Camp at 1:00 minute and every time it is available after that, even if the Objective is already active, because they deal a huge amount of damage to enemy Structures.
- After clearing the allied Samurai Camp, make sure to collect the Turret from the Fortification Camp as it will be useful while team fighting or while sieging.
- Make sure to defend your Structures from the enemy Samurai. Avoid leaving your Solo Laner alone against that, especially if the enemy team is trying to siege at the same time.
- Avoid clearing Recon Camps just to get Experience. When ahead, it is not worth it. When behind, it is dangerous. Instead, primarily clear them to unlock the Watch Tower effect for extra safety, especially while contesting the Objective.
- Even if your team almost delivered the Payload at its final destination, you should immediately retreat when lacking resources and try again after recovering them.
Hanamura Temple's 1-4 Formation
When going for this, if the enemy team has more siege power than your team, keep in mind that they could go for a 4-1 setup instead and quickly take down some Structures before you will get there.
Hanamura Temple's 4-1 Formation
This strategy is particularly effective if your team has more siege power than the enemy team because, if you take the enemy team by surprise, you can quickly take down some Structures before they will react.
Hanamura Temple's Trivia
Contrary to popular belief, the distance between bottom lane and bottom Samurai Camp is about the same (within 2 seconds of traveling time) as the distance between bottom lane and top Samurai Camp, therefore it is not really necessary to choose a different formation based on which side you are playing on. The only advantage that the left-side team has over the right-side team while both teams are playing with 4 Heroes in the bottom lane is the fact that some Heroes are able to exploit the impassable terrain near the Samurai Camp to deal damage or to quickly travel from/to there with some Abilities.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Guide improved.
- 02 Jun. 2021: Guide created.
- Blizzard Working on an Unannounced Open-World RPG Shooter
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of October 12th
- Global Battle.net Maintenance: October 6th
- Activision Blizzard Reaches Agreement with the EEOC
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of September 28th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes: September 27th
- In Celebration Of Diablo 2: Resurrected, We're Discounting Our Premium Subscription
- Overwatch 2 Executive Departs from Activision Blizzard
- Heroes of the Storm Hanamura Temple
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Spell Power and Damage Modifier
- Heroes of the Storm Debug Mode
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales
- Heroes of the Storm Uther