Deckard Cain Build Guide “Stay a while and read our guide.”
Welcome to our guide for Deckard Cain, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Deckard Cain's Overview
Deckard is a melee Healer that specialises in high single-target healing output and strong area of effect debuffs. Although wise, Deckard is woefully underprepared for combat in the Nexus, wielding but a wooden cane to protect himself. This limits his damage output.
Deckard Cain's Strengths and Weaknesses
Deckard Cain's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Standard BuildTalent calculator »
Deckard Cain's Synergies and Counters
Deckard Cain's Maps
Deckard tends to do well on Maps that feature many choke points, thanks to Scroll Of Sealing. His efficient nature as a Healer is also particularly useful when contesting Map Objectives that might feature extended poking wars that never seem to escalate into actual team fights, particularly due to Fortitude of the Faithful. In general, however, his versatility makes him a viable pick on most Maps, and team compositions should be the most important factor to consider when drafting Deckard.
Deckard Cain's Tips and Tricks
- Potions created by Healing Potion last until consumed. Casting Healing Potion beyond the limit of 5 will destroy the oldest Potion.
- Horadric Cube has a short flight time, but can still hit enemies running directly away from Deckard if the targeting reticle is centered
- Scroll Of Sealing should naturally follow successful Horadric Cube hits.
- Stay Awhile and Listen should not be used in the middle of combat, as it is likely to be interrupted. Try isolating important targets such as Healers instead.
- Lorenado's vector targeting allows it to push enemies towards your teammates, and more importantly, towards Scroll of Sealing's area of effect.
Role in the Current Meta
Note about the current Anomaly: Deckard's role role is to ensure his teammates remain healthy enough to gather Experience Globes. Enemy Globes also open up a good opportunity to target opponents with Scroll Of Sealing, or even deny said Globes.
Deckard's multiple crowd control Abilities give him a niche as a Healer who thrives in aggressive team compositions that have the the ability to follow up on his notable Horadric Cube + Scroll of Sealing combo. His weak limited damage output and waveclear must absolutely be made up for elsewhere, however.
Deckard's only healing Ability, Healing Potion, has a high healing-over-time output and the unique ability to be used "on the ground" to allow allies to heal at their leisure. Being able to set up several Healing Potions ahead of time is crucial to Deckard's ability to deal with burst damage; accordingly, he is generally weak against diving and sudden or otherwise unexpected aggression.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note about current Anomaly.
- 16 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Talent builds and recommendations reviewed and updated.
- 16 Oct. 2019 (this page): Guide updated.
- 16 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Abilities section reviewed following the 2.48.2 update.
- 06 Jun. 2018 (talents page): Talent recommendations updated.
- 29 Apr. 2018 (this page): Main build updated.
- 24 Apr. 2018 (this page): Guide created.
- 24 Apr. 2018 (talents page): Guide created.
- Heroes of the Storm April Fools PTR Patch Notes
- Heroic Deals: April 1st
- All Heroes Remain Free to Play Through April 13th
- The Best WarCraft Meme(s) of All Time
- Heroes Lounge Sign-Ups Now Open
- Blizzard Sending Out Classic Burning Crusade Character Creation Surveys
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: March 27th
- Diablo Community Manager Nevalistis Leaves Blizzard
- Heroes of the Storm The Lost Vikings
- Heroes of the Storm Kharazim
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Heroes of the Storm Kael'thas
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Illidan
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo