Qhira Build Guide “This is my domain!”
Welcome to our guide for Qhira, a Melee Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Qhira is a melee Assassin who combines strong mobility, speed, and damage to relentlessly chase down her prey. Most of Qhira's damage derives from a stackable Bleeding effect that gets applied whenever she damages enemy Heroes with both Basic Attacks and any of her abilities and can be amplified by activating Blood Rage in a timely manner.
Qhira's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Susceptible to enemy Stuns and Silences
- Dependent on terrain
- Steep learning curve
- Extremely dependent on hitting her Abilities
- Bad waveclear
Qhira's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Heavy Bleeding BuildRecommended
The Heavy Bleeding Build focuses on Qhira's outstanding sustained damage potential. Her main goal should always be to spread the ticking bleeding damage onto several enemies at the same time.
At Level 4, Qhira can decide depending on the situation she finds herself in. We usually recommend picking Upstage, but when you are against Heroes with fast Basic Attacks, like Tracer, Your Pain, My Gain is a good alternative.
Final Strike is the standard Heroic Ability here, as it will be very effective in most games. However, Unrelenting Strikes is a better choice if enemies cannot easily cancel it. In this scenario you should pick Silent Killer at Level 20, since the Silence and Cooldown Reduction provided by it will be excellent in fights.
Basic Attack BuildSituational
The Basic Attack Build, as the name suggests, focuses on Qhira's Basic Attacks. This build is mostly focused on Qhira's dueling potential because it is not as effective as the other builds in teamfights. However, the extra damage from Finishing Touch and the healing from Siphoning Link are very oppressive in a duel. This build is better in Braxis Holdout and Dragon Shire, because controlling the objective in the solo lane is essential on those maps.
Qhira's Synergies and Counters
Every Qhira Ability besides Blood Rage can be interrupted by crowd control or displacements ( Unrelenting Strikes is only interrupted by stuns or silences). Therefore, she is countered by Heroes that can constantly knock her back or stun her. Qhira also has a hard time against cleanses, as she will lose her invulnerability from Revolving Sweep if the target becomes unstoppable.
Qhira excels at holding a Solo Lane and, later on, hitting enemy Heroes from an unexpected angle while flanking. Thus, Maps with lots of openings, such as Dragon Shire or Tomb of the Spider Queen are well suited for her while she is often predictable on enclosed Maps such as Towers of Doom.
Qhira's Tips and Tricks
- Grappling Hook pierces through Minions and Mercenaries, which allows Qhira to hit her target from many different angles.
- Grappling Hook can be used on enemy Heroes or terrain while Qhira is spinning with Revolving Sweep, granting her an astounding amount of mobility.
- Blood Rage gets most value if activated after spreading Bleeding stacks on several enemy Heroes. Use it frequently to heal during the laning phase to prevent downtimes.
- Blood Rage is totally reapplied when Qhira deals damage to a Hero. Therefore, it is essential to prioritize hitting enemies that have a low remaining duration on the bleeding, either with Carnage or with Basic Attacks.
- Revolving Sweep can be used to avoid predictable damage, like a Pyroblast from Kael'thas.
- While spinning, Revolving Sweep grants Qhira protection against all damage and crowd control effects.
- Final Strike has an extremely low Cooldown for a Heroic Ability. It should be used to follow every allied crowd control if you are not in range for Revolving Sweep.
- Against Heroes without crowd control it is good to start a gank or a pickoff with Unrelenting Strikes, as the stun can be used to guarantee a Revolving Sweep hit.
Qhira's Role in the Current Meta
Qhira is usually played as a ganker and Solo Laner. While laning, her outstanding damage-over-time and self-sustain, most deriving from Blood Rage, allows her to soak experience and pressure her opponents. As long as Grappling Hook is available, she is very safe against enemy ganks and engages by simply using it against terrain and dashing to safety.
During team fights, Qhira is most effective when fulfilling the role of an initiator or a flanker. To do this successfully and with impact, she should look for enemies and engage them from an unexpected angle, rather than just charging at them head on.
- 26 Mar. 2021 (talents page): Updated Talent recommendations.
- 26 Feb. 2021 (talents page): Updated Talent recommendations.
- 26 Feb. 2021 (this page): Builds Updated.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (abilities page): Abilities section updated.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (this page): Guide update to ensure meta relevance.
- 24 Aug. 2020 (talents page): Updated Talents and Builds after recent balance patch.
- 24 Aug. 2020 (this page): Updated Builds after recent balance patch.
- 30 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Updated Talents and Builds to reflect current meta.
- 30 Jul. 2020 (this page): Updated Builds to reflect current meta.
- 04 Jun. 2020 (talents page): Updated Unrelenting Strikes and Silent Killer's relevance in Builds and Talents page after balance patch.
- 14 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Updated Talents and Builds to reflect current meta.
- 14 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Updated Qhira's talent build description.
- 09 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Added Talent discussions.
- 08 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide added.
- Mike Morhaime, Former Blizzard CEO, Responds to the Lawsuit Allegations
- A Different Kind of Letter from Activision Blizzard Executive Fran Townsend
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Patch Notes (July 20th)
- Masters Clash Tournament Winners Are 30K
- Final Day of Masters Clash LAN Finals
- Masters Clash Finale: July 10-11
- Masters Clash Data Available on HeroesProfile
- Stukov Disabled for the Weekend
- Heroes of the Storm Debug Mode
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales
- Heroes of the Storm Uther
- Heroes of the Storm Warhead Junction
- Heroes of the Storm Hanamura Temple
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List