Qhira Build Guide “This is my domain!”
Welcome to our guide for Qhira, a Melee Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Qhira's Overview
Qhira is a melee Assassin who combines strong mobility, speed, and damage to relentlessly chase down her prey. Her most useful tool to do exactly that proves to be her Trait Grappling Hook, which comes with a hefty cooldown, however, it turns out to be an extraordinarily impactful gap-closer and escape mechanism. Most of Qhira's damage derives from a stackable Bleeding effect that gets applied whenever she damages enemy Heroes with both Basic Attacks and any of her abilities and can be amplified by activating Blood Rage in a timely manner.
2. Qhira's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Great mobility
- Strong damage-over-time
- Hard to read for enemies
- Good Solo Laner
- Susceptible to enemy Stuns and Silences
- Dependent on terrain
- Steep learning curve
3. Qhira's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Heavy Bleeding BuildTalent calculator »
The Heavy Bleeding Build focuses on Qhira's outstanding sustained damage potential. Her main goal should always be to spread the ticking bleeding damage onto several enemies at the same time. Consequently, Fatal Wounds at Level 1 lays the foundation for this Build. At Level 4, Qhira can decide depending on the situation she finds herself in. We usually recommend picking Upstage, but if flat Armor is something the player feels more comfortable taking, for example when dealing with burst magic damage, Your Pain, My Gain is a good alternative. Healmonger proves to be a solid defensive talent at Level 7 that provides useful healing throughout the game. When it comes to Heroic Abilities, we find that Final Strike complements Qhira's playstyle the most and is less susceptible to enemy counter play. For the late game, we consider every Level 13 talent viable and it is up to the player to decide which one fits their playstyle the most. At Level 16, Swing Life Away provides plenty of utlity, as it grants cooldown reduction on Revolving Sweep and Spell Armor. Level 20 comes with two very strong options. Unleashed Potential further boosts Final Strike's damage output with the chance of resetting every cooldown, which is huge. No Sanctuary is a situational choice, since it helps reveal nearby enemy Heroes. This can put your time in an advantageous situation and decide late-game rotations if Qhira leads the charge.
4. Qhira's Synergies and Counters
There are very few "hard" counters to Qhira. Her kit is solid and her abilities do not get countered by Blinds. Her mobility allows her to play offensively or defensively. Yet, there are certain Heroes that make Qhira's life a bit harder than others—Heavy crowd control Tanks and Bruisers can keep Qhira at distance, and Heroes that enhance their allies' mobility, such as Lucio, make it harder for Qhira to land her important skillshots.
5. Qhira's Maps
Qhira excels at holding a Solo Lane and, later on, hitting enemy Heroes from an unexpected angle while flanking. Thus, Maps with lots of openings, such as Dragon Shire or Tomb of the Spider Queen are well suited for her while she is often predictable on enclosed Maps such as Towers of Doom.
6. Qhira's Tips and Tricks
- Grappling Hook pierces through Minions and Mercenaries, which allows Qhira to hit her target from many different angles.
- Grappling Hook can be used on enemy Heroes or terrain while Qhira is spinning with Revolving Sweep, granting her an astounding amount of mobility.
- While spinning, Revolving Sweep grants Qhira protection against crowd control effects.
- Blood Rage gets most value if activated after spreading Bleeding stacks on several enemy Heroes. Use it frequently to heal during the laning phase to prevent downtimes.
7. Role in the Current Meta
Qhira is usually played as a ganker and Solo Laner. While laning, her outstanding damage-over-time and self-sustain, most deriving from Blood Rage, allows her to soak experience and pressure her opponents. As long as Grappling Hook is available, she is very safe against enemy ganks and engages by simply using it against terrain and dashing to safety.
During team fights, Qhira is most effective when fulfilling the role of an initiator or a flanker. To do this successfully and with impact, she should look for enemies and engage them from an unexpected angle, rather than just charging at them head on.
- 14 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Updated Qhira's talent build description.
- 09 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Added Talent discussions.
- 08 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide added.
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Heroes of the Storm Qhira
- Heroes of the Storm Zarya
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Heroes of the Storm Probius
- This Tournament is Total BS! ;)
- Heroes of the Storm Valla
- Heroes of the Storm Uther