Whitemane Build Guide “Burn in the Light!”
Welcome to our guide for Whitemane, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Whitemane is a ranged Support who can heal her allies with Zeal by damaging her enemies. She is capable of trading damage favourably against most Heroes, and must do so in order to maximise her healing. If she is able to consistently deal damage, she can generate immense healing for her team.
Whitemane's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Trades damage very well
- Capable of high healing during team fights
- Most Abilities cost no Mana
Whitemane's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Basic Attack BuildTalent calculator »
The Basic Attack build takes Talents to increase the range, damage, and healing provided by Basic Attacks. It is very straight forward, but can be effective if the enemy team is unable to prevent you from Basic Attacking.
Whitemane's Synergies and Counters
Whitemane does not clear Minion waves effectively. She has strong synergy with Heroes who excel at PvE, especially when these Heroes are Supports or Tanks/Bruisers.
Whitemane has very limited mobility, and must remain within the threat range of enemies in order to deal damage to heal her allies. She will struggle against Heroes who can displace her, as she lacks any kind of escape once caught. One of Whitemane's strengths is her ability to trade damage effectively; Heroes who can deal damage to her without trading may be difficult for her to adapt to. Additionally, Heroes who can significantly reduce or prevent healing received can greatly reduce the effectiveness of Zeal during teamfights.
Whitemane has extremely poor waveclear and PvE. She is not strong on any specific map, because her strengths have no interaction with the maps. Her success is more dependent on team compositions than it is the map being played. Due to her lack of PvE damage, she will struggle to be useful while defending against map objectives that spawn units.
Whitemane's Tips and Tricks
- Make sure to apply Zeal to damaged allies before dealing damage.
- Desperate Plea and Clemency are the only Abilities in Whitemane's kit that have a Mana cost; manage your Mana wisely.
- Cast Inquisition immediately after Searing Lash to maximise your DPS.
- Cast Searing Lash whenever it is available and it is safe to do so.
- Scarlet Aegis can be used during team fights to apply Zeal to allies without a Desperation cost.
Role in the Current Meta
Whitemane needs to be able to deal damage in order to heal optimally, so a strong frontline is necessary for her to reach peak performance. Her complete lack of waveclear is another weakness that will limit the team compositions she can fit into. She must have allies who can generate enough map pressure to make up for her lack of environmental interaction. Although Whitemane has clearly defined weaknesses, she can be powerful on teams that have a strong frontline and plenty of waveclear.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (this page): Updated Talent and Abilities discussions, recommended builds, and Role in the Current Meta to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion and recommended builds to account for balance patch.
- 17 Oct. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Abilities discussion to account for balance patch.
- 26 Sep. 2019 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to account for Hero rework.
- 26 Sep. 2019 (this page): Updated guide to account for Hero rework.
- 26 Sep. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Talent discussion to account for Hero rework.
- 23 Aug. 2018 (talents page): Updated Talent discussion to reflect balance patch.
- 11 Aug. 2018 (talents page): Updated builds and added Desperate Plea build.
- 07 Aug. 2018 (abilities page): Guide added.
- 07 Aug. 2018 (this page): Guide added.
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: November 19th
- Diablo 2 Remaster Unlikely - Code and Assets Were Lost According to Creators
- Upcoming Content Release Schedule (Deathwing & Balance Update)
- Diablo 2 Cinematics Upscaled to 4K and 8K
- Heroic Deals: November 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Hotfixes: November 12th
- D.Va Rework Not Coming in the Deathwing Patch
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: November 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Malthael
- Heroes of the Storm Sgt. Hammer
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Li-Ming
- Heroes of the Storm Kel'Thuzad
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers