Leoric Build Guide “All will suffer as I have suffered!”
Welcome to our guide for Leoric, a Melee Warrior Warrior in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Leoric's Overview
Leoric is an aggressive melee Warrior with strong self-sustain and great mobility. He excels at dealing high damage through powerful Basic Attacks and close-range abilities, while his survivability allows him to stand his ground even if outnumbered by several enemies. After taking lethal damage, Undying causes him to turn into a Ghost capable of moving freely and using abilities to slow enemies. After a certain amount of time (influenced by how abilities are used while in Ghost form), Leoric comes back to life at the current location of the Ghost.
2. Leoric's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Leoric's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Wraith Walk BuildTalent calculator »
The Wraith Walk Build provides a powerful and unique playstyle that allows Leoric to severly cripple the enemy team's combat performance while diving deep into the enemy team's backline using Wraith Walk. Hitting hostile Assassins and Warriors over and over again reducing their damage by 50% allows the rest of your team to seize the initiative. At Level 20 Buried Alive becomes a really powerful talent that allows you to trap and silence targets, which can single-handedly decide the outcome of late game team fights.
Life Leech BuildTalent calculator »
The Life Leech Build is particularly good against enemy Warriors with a large health pool, such as Diablo or Muradin. We generally recommend this Build if the enemy team features at least 3 melee Heroes, as March of the Black King gets exceptional value against them. Make sure to cast Drain Hope on a relatively immobile target in order to prevent your target from escaping its reach. At Level 4, Kneel, Peasants! can be replaced by Ghastly Reach, which has outstanding synergy with Consume Vitality at Level 1, if the map does not require a lot of waveclear. At Level 13, Ominous Wraith can be a powerful substitute choice, especially if the enemy team has low mobility targets that have a hard time dodging your Wraith Walk.
4. Leoric's Synergies and Counters
5. Leoric's Maps
Leoric is a good pick on maps like Braxis Holdout, Dragon Shire, or Tomb of the Spider Queen that require a strong solo-laner with good self-sustain and waveclear.
6. Leoric's Tips and Tricks
- Leoric is a powerful solo-laner. Use your strong Basic Attacks and your self-sustain to your advantage.
- Do not be afraid to sacrifice your life if this means your team gets an important Objective in return.
- Due to their high health pool, Drain Hope is particularly effective if used on enemy Warriors.
- Wraith Walk allows you to walk through enemy Gates.
- Trade your life when it saves one or even several of your teammates, since Undying causes you to resurrect faster than them.
- You can still use your Hearthstone while in Undying form.
7. Leoric's Role In The Current Meta
Leoric fulfills the role of an offensive Bruiser that poses a constant threat to nearby enemies. While he is innately not as durable as other Warriors like Johanna or Muradin, Leoric can nevertheless become quite tanky due to his outstanding self-heal abilities. However, the fact that Leoric has a hard time closing in on agile Heroes requires him to choose his targets wisely. In order to become a decent Leoric player, it is very important to know when to engage and when to remain patient.
What distinguishes Leoric from any other Warrior is his Undying trait. When Leoric dies, this trait turns him into a Ghost that can freely move around the map, continually regenerating health. As soon as Leoric's Ghost has reached full health, he resurrects at the Ghost's current location, which allows him to immediately rejoin the battle. Although Leoric cannot damage his opponents while Undying is active, he is still able to slow them and accelerate his resurrection process.
- 08 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated builds and talent recommendations to reflect changes in meta.
- 12 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Hopelessness from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 08 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated Ominous Wraith discussion.
- 07 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Completely overhauled and updated Leoric's talents in accordance with the Kel'Thuzad patch.
- 07 Sep. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Leoric's abilities page in accordance with the Kel'Thuzad patch.
- 03 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Royal Focus' and Lingering Apparition's descriptions.
- 07 Apr. 2017 (this page): Moved guide to new format.
- Game Director Alan Dabiri Leaves Heroes Team
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- WTF Moments Episode 114
- Weekly Collection Update: October 16th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 12th
- Mal'Ganis Overview
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: October 8th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update: October 10th
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game
- Im trying to start up a team to improve
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Xul
- Heroes of the Storm Kerrigan
- Fever Clan Recruitment