Gazlowe Build Guide “Hey, time is money friend.”
Welcome to our guide for Gazlowe, a Melee Specialist in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Gazlowe's Overview
Gazlowe is a Specialist that excels at controlling the space around him, sieging, and painlessly claiming Mercenary Camps. Although his Abilities all have an inherent form of counterplay, Gazlowe has great zoning potential and some unique utility in the form of Robo-Goblin.
2. Gazlowe's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Limited survivability
- Very little target-focused damage
- Requires setup to maximise damage
- Particularly weak versus ranged damage dealers
- Unique playstyle around which teammates must play
3. Gazlowe's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Lazor BuildTalent calculator »
The Lazor Build revolves around improving Deth Lazor. Key Talents include Break it Down!, which allows the building of massive cooldown reduction for repeated Deth Lazor uses, Hyperfocus Coils, which greatly improves the usability of Deth Lazor by cutting its channeling time, EZ-PZ Dimensional Ripper, which provides a strong and reliable movement speed reduction effect, and Firin' Mah Lazorz, to multiply Deth Lazorz's damage potential. Both Robo-Goblin and Grav-O-Bomb 3000 make for appropriate Heroic Ability choices, depending on the situation at hand.
Bruiser BuildTalent calculator »
The Bruiser Build seeks to turn Gazlowe into a potent melee Assassin-like Hero who tears apart other melee Heroes, Mercenary Camps, and Structures. Due to its nature, this build is generally used against team compositions that feature 3 or more melee Heroes. Key Talents include Engine Gunk, which provides Gazlowe with a potent and annoying movement speed reduction effect, Robo-Goblin, which dramatically improves Gazlowe's damage output and survivability, and X-Tra Large Bombs, which improves Gazlowe's zoning potential and punishes the use of Stunning effects.
4. Gazlowe's Synergies and Counters
Gazlowe is at his best when coupled with Heroes that have the means of setting up for or following up on his Grav-O-Bomb 3000- Xplodium Charge combo. Otherwise, his Turrets and Xplodium Charge remain useful for hindering opponents from attacking vulnerable backline teammates, making him relatively versatile in this regard.
Gazlowe's short-range nature makes him ineffective against anything that can outrange him and his Turrets. Lacking a reliable movement speed reduction effect also makes him prone to being kited.
5. Gazlowe's Maps
Gazlowe's static nature makes him thrive on Maps with fixed Objectives that give him time to set up his Turrets. Conversely, he tends to be of limited usefulness where quick group rotations are required. He also tends to be strong on larger Maps that give him breathing room to split push with relative impunity, particularly with Robo-Goblin.
6. Gazlowe's Tips and Tricks
- Always collect your Scraps with Break it Down! when your Rock-It! Turrets have outlived their usefulness.
- Use Rock-It! Turret to soak damage from Structures and Mercenaries, as needed.
- Avoid casting Deth Lazor when enemies are nearby, as it leaves you vulnerable.
- Combo Grav-O-Bomb 3000 and Xplodium Charge together for a powerful AoE crowd control effect.
7. Role in the Current Meta
As a Specialist, Gazlowe does not have any clear-cut role within a team. He does, however, typically take up the seat of a damage dealer, as he is incapable to perform the duties of a dedicated tank or healer. In general, Gazlowe players are expected to zone opponents with Rock-It! Turret and Xplodium Charge, often dealing a significant amount of sustained damage in the process. Another more peculiar style of play, which revolves around the Robo-Goblin ability, actively seeks to very efficiently raze Structures and single out enemy Heroes to generate an experience lead for his team.
By nature, Gazlowe is adept at disputing static objectives, such as Cursed Hollow's Tributes or Dragon Shire's Shrines, whereas he has a harder time playing more aggressively, such as around strategies that rely upon killing a specific target. This relatively uncommon property makes Gazlowe one of the more unique Heroes in the roster, and one of the more difficult ones to play as, and to play around for an unprepared team. Still, he tends to do extremely well against team compositions that rely on diving strategies, as they must also deal with his Turrets and general crowd control.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Added Bruiser build.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Changed Firin' Mah Lazorz from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 16 Mar. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for Probius' patch and moved to the new format.
- Heroes of the Storm Sylvanas
- Heroes of the Storm Stitches
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Greymane
- Laptop charger disconnecting when playing HOTS
- Heroes of the Storm Alexstrasza
- Heroes of the Storm Artanis