Rexxar Build Guide “The beasts obey me!”
Welcome to our guide for Rexxar, a Ranged Warrior in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Rexxar's Overview
Rexxar is a hybrid character that combines the high health pool of a Warrior with the strong damage potential of an Assassin. He is followed by his bear companion, named Misha, who fights alongside Rexxar and supports him in various ways throughout the game. Compared to other Warriors, playing Rexxar is a unique experience since you have to control both him and Misha at the same time.
2. Rexxar's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strong solo laner
- High health pool on Misha
- Decent crowd control
- Flexible playstyle
- Can easily clear Mercenary Camps on his own
- Rexxar being able to hold Beacons with Misha makes him very potent pick on Braxis Holdout
- Lack of AoE damage, especially during the early-mid game
- Very weak if Misha dies
- No escape mechanisms before Level 16
- Controlling Misha requires some practise
3. Rexxar's Talent Build Cheatsheet
True Survivor BuildTalent calculator »
The True Survivor Build focuses, as the name suggests, on keeping Rexxar alive for as long as possible in order to keep stacking Animal Husbandry. If successful, this build will give you an incredible amount of bonus health on both Misha and Rexxar. We definitely recommend picking defensive talents like Feign Death at Level 16 and Hardened Skin at Level 20 to help you in that matter.
Laning Misha BuildTalent calculator »
4. Rexxar's Synergies and Counters
Rexxar pairs very well with Heroes who add additional Slows, Stuns, or Roots to Misha's Misha, Charge! ability. Make sure to time your Stuns well, when playing with Heroes like E.T.C. to maximize their efficiency. Unleash the Boars's strong Movement Speed slow can pave the way for a powerful Blizzards and Ring of Frosts, while Malfurion's low cooldown heals work very well both Misha and Rexxar.
Rexxar does not need to fear many Heroes, as he is an excellent laner and a solid team fighter during most periods of the game. However, there are some opponents he should pay special attention to. Kael'thas and Tychus, in particular, can abuse Misha's reckless positioning quite heavily by either shredding her health with Minigun or causing her to spread Living Bomb onto nearby allies. Being one of the strongest duelists in the game, Artanis is one of the few Heroes who can hold his own against Rexxar in a one-on-one lane.
5. Rexxar's Maps
Rexxar excels on maps like Braxis Holdout or Dragon Shire, on which he can fulfill the role of a solo-laner with the rest of his team forming a 4-man lane and Misha holding Map Objectives all by herself. On larger battlegrounds like Sky Temple or Warhead Junction he often does not have enough strength to be useful during early team fights.
6. Rexxar's Tips and Tricks
- Rexxar's kit is one of the most challenging to master. Thus, we strongly recommend practising Misha's controls against the A.I. first before playing Rexxar in Hero and Team League.
- Due to his strong laning presence on maps like Braxis Holdout or Dragon Shire, Rexxar should usually be sent to a solo lane.
- Easy Prey provides Rexxar with powerful waveclear. Use it to quickly push lanes and clear Mercenary Camps.
- Do not forget that you can still control Misha while Feign Death is active.
- If you went for Animal Husbandry make sure to play even more carefully than you normally would, as a single death causes you to lose all the bonus health you accumulated to that point.
- Misha can be an excellent tool to intercept enemy abilities that were originally aimed at Rexxar.
7. Rexxar's Role in the Current Meta
Rexxar requires good micro management in order to unfold his maximum potential and, as such, he sometimes feels quite disappointing for newer players. Controlling Misha with Misha, Focus!, in particular, feels challenging at first. However, once the initial learning curve has been overcome, Rexxar's strong chasing and kiting capabilities and the ability to stun multiple foes at the same time make him a force to be reckoned with. Furthermore, he offers a relatively flexible talent tree, which allows him to adapt to the course of the game.
Both of Rexxar's Heroic Abilities are viable. Bestial Wrath provides a significant damage boost and thus becomes a solid choice in most games, regardless of your talent build. Unleash the Boars, on the other hand, is a slighty situational, yet very useful ability that is recommended if the enemy team either consists of one or several squishy Assassins, such as Jaina or Valla, or if your team lacks crowd control in general.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Flare's description.
- 26 Jan. 2017 (this page): Moved guide to the new format and updated it for Valeera's patch.
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: November 13th
- Heroic Deals: November 13th
- Orphea Comic
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: November 13th
- BlizzCon 2018 Diablo Immortal Press Conference Recap
- Orphea Talent Calculator Now Live
- Activision Blizzard Q3 2018 Earnings Call
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: November 9th
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Jaina
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio
- Heroes of the Storm Mal'Ganis
- New tactic idea
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie