Rexxar Build Guide “The beasts obey me!”
Welcome to our guide for Rexxar, a Bruiser in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Rexxar is a Bruiser followed by his bear companion, named Misha, who fights alongside him and offers him support in various ways throughout the game. Compared to most other Heroes, playing Rexxar is a unique experience since you have to control both him and Misha at the same time.
Rexxar's Strengths and Weaknesses
Rexxar's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Basic Attacks BuildRecommended
Rexxar's Synergies and Counters
Rexxar pairs very well with Heroes who add additional crowd control to combine with Misha, Charge! in no particular order (such as Johanna that can group enemy Heroes for you or Malfurion that can make your engage last longer). Make sure to time your follow up well to maximize their efficiency. Mages will easily benefit from the additional crowd control provided by Misha, Charge! and by Unleash the Boars to a lesser extent (like Jaina that deals way more damage if her target is standing still or it is being Slowed down more than she can do on her own).
Rexxar does not need to fear many Heroes, as he is an excellent Solo Laner and a solid team fighter during most periods of the game. The only solid counter in the solo lane is Qhira because she has enough gap-closer to reach Rexxar behind Misha, damage to pressure Misha to death or kill Rexxar, and self-sustain to make good trades when attacking the opponent. In team fights he also suffers from Heroes who can dive on him and dodge his crowd control thanks to their high mobility (such as Zeratul).
Rexxar excels on Maps like Braxis Holdout, Dragon Shire, or Tomb of the Spider Queen where he can fulfill the role of a Solo Laner while the rest of his team takes care of the rest of the Map. He does not suffer on any particular Map.
Rexxar's Tips and Tricks
- Considering his unique design, it is advised to familiarize with the unique way to control Misha by spending some minutes in Try Mode before playing a match as Rexxar.
- Use [Alt + D] to self-cast Misha, Focus! and quickly call Misha to your side.
- Misha can be an excellent tool to intercept enemy Abilities that were originally aimed at Rexxar or a vulnerable ally.
Rexxar's Role in the Current Meta
Rexxar is currently one of the best solo laners in the game because Misha can pick up Experience Globes instead of him. He is also able to double soak well enough. His strong crowd control makes him a valuable asset during team fights as well, both for engaging and for peeling.
Rexxar requires good micro management in order to unfold his maximum potential and, as such, he sometimes can feel quite overwhelming to newer players. Controlling Misha with Misha, Focus! feels challenging at first, however, once the initial learning curve has been overcome, Rexxar's strong chasing and kiting capabilities and the ability to Stun multiple foes at the same time make him a force to be reckoned with.
- 26 Mar. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build fully revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 26 Mar. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 26 Mar. 2020 (this page): Introduction fully revised to match new standards.
- Overview rewritten to better describe the Hero.
- Strengths and Weaknesses modified to give a better idea about the Hero when being played right.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Synergies and Counters modified to mention notable Heroes that were missing and to remove misleading Heroes that were listed.
- Maps modified to focus on the main aspects of the Hero when evaluating a Map.
- Tips and Tricks modified to list important tips that were missing before and to delete more obvious ones.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to reflect the current metagame and to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 16 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (talents page): Reviewed the Talents page.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (this page): Updated information on the Introduction page.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (abilities page): Added some minor updates to Rexxar's Abilities.
- 19 Apr. 2019 (talents page): Updated Rexxar's talents and talent order according to the latest Balance Update.
- 18 Mar. 2019 (this page): Updated Rexxar's introduction.
- 18 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Updated Rexxar's talents and builds in accordance with the recent Balance Updates.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Flare's description.
- 26 Jan. 2017 (this page): Moved guide to the new format and updated it for Valeera's patch.
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- How to Become a Better Stukov Player
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes: December 1st
- Storm League Changes in the Hogger Patch
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Qhira
- Heroes of the Storm Hogger
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List