Rexxar Build Guide “The beasts obey me!”
Welcome to our guide for Rexxar, a Bruiser in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Rexxar is a Bruiser followed by his bear companion, named Misha, who fights alongside him and offers him support in various ways throughout the game. Compared to most other Heroes, playing Rexxar is a unique experience since you have to control both him and Misha at the same time.
Rexxar's Strengths and Weaknesses
Rexxar's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Rexxar's Charge Build focuses on improving Misha to get the most value out of this Hero without exposing too much as Rexxar.
Choose this Build when you expect that the enemy team will not give you a lot of space to safely Basic Attack as Rexxar for multiple seconds and/or when you want to increase the amount of peeling tools at your disposal, either to increase your own survivability or to help allied Heroes.
Spirit Swoop BuildSituational
Rexxar's Spirit Swoop Build focuses on improving Rexxar to make him as strong as possible regardless of Misha being alive.
The additional crowd control provided by Crippling Talons at Level 7—occasionally replaced with either Taking Flight or even Aspect of the Beast—helps both Rexxar and Misha to land more Basic Attacks on enemy Heroes so that you can get more value from Aspect of the Hawk at Level 13.
Choose this Build when the enemy team cannot punish Rexxar for staying within 5.5 range to Basic Attack for multiple seconds and/or when you want to heavily boost your damage output to punish diving Heroes with their own medicine.
Rexxar's ARAM Build focuses on improving Rexxar to make him as strong as possible regardless of Misha being alive.
The additional crowd control provided by Crippling Talons at Level 7—occasionally replaced with either Taking Flight—helps both Rexxar and Misha to land more Basic Attacks on enemy Heroes so that you can get more value from Aspect of the Hawk at Level 13.
Rexxar's Synergies and Counters
Rexxar pairs very well with Heroes who add additional crowd control to combine with Misha, Charge! in no particular order (such as Johanna that can group enemy Heroes for you or Malfurion that can make your engage last longer).
Mages will easily benefit from the additional crowd control provided by Misha, Charge! and by Unleash the Boars to a lesser extent (like Jaina that deals way more damage if her target is standing still or it is being Slowed down more than she can do on her own).
Rexxar does not need to fear many Heroes, as he is an excellent Offlaner and a solid team fighter during most periods of the game.
The only solid counter in the solo lane is Qhira because she has enough gap-closer to reach Rexxar behind Misha, damage to pressure Misha to death or kill Rexxar, and self-sustain to make good trades when attacking the opponent.
Rexxar excels on Maps like Braxis Holdout, Dragon Shire, or Tomb of the Spider Queen where he can fulfill the role of an Offlaner while the rest of his team takes care of the rest of the Map. He does not suffer on any particular Map.
Rexxar's Tips and Tricks
- Considering his unique design, it is advised to familiarize with the unique way to control Misha by spending some minutes in Try Mode before playing a match as Rexxar.
- Use [Alt + D] to self-cast Misha, Focus! and quickly call Misha to your side.
- Misha can be an excellent tool to intercept enemy Abilities that were originally aimed at Rexxar or a vulnerable ally.
Rexxar's Role in the Current Meta
Rexxar requires good micro management in order to unfold his maximum potential and, as such, he sometimes can feel quite overwhelming to newer players. Controlling Misha with Misha, Focus! feels challenging at first, however, once the initial learning curve has been overcome, Rexxar's strong chasing and kiting capabilities and the ability to Stun multiple foes at the same time make him a force to be reckoned with.
- 21 Sep. 2023 (talents page): ARAM Build added.
- 21 Sep. 2023 (this page): ARAM Build added.
- 28 Feb. 2021 (talents page): Builds updated.
- 28 Feb. 2021 (abilities page): New layout.
- 28 Feb. 2021 (this page): Builds updated.
- 25 Feb. 2021 (talents page): New layout.
- 26 Mar. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build fully revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 26 Mar. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 26 Mar. 2020 (this page): Introduction fully revised to match new standards.
- Overview rewritten to better describe the Hero.
- Strengths and Weaknesses modified to give a better idea about the Hero when being played right.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Synergies and Counters modified to mention notable Heroes that were missing and to remove misleading Heroes that were listed.
- Maps modified to focus on the main aspects of the Hero when evaluating a Map.
- Tips and Tricks modified to list important tips that were missing before and to delete more obvious ones.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to reflect the current metagame and to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 16 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (talents page): Reviewed the Talents page.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (abilities page): Added some minor updates to Rexxar's Abilities.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (this page): Updated information on the Introduction page.
- 19 Apr. 2019 (talents page): Updated Rexxar's talents and talent order according to the latest Balance Update.
- 18 Mar. 2019 (talents page): Updated Rexxar's talents and builds in accordance with the recent Balance Updates.
- 18 Mar. 2019 (this page): Updated Rexxar's introduction.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Flare's description.
- 26 Jan. 2017 (this page): Moved guide to the new format and updated it for Valeera's patch.
- Icy Veins Launches Genshin Impact Guides Section
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: November 16th
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List
- Howe accurate is hotslogs/heroesprofile hidden QM MMR?
- Heroes of the Storm Probius
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List