Orphea Build Guide “I won't miss your face.”
Welcome to our guide for Orphea, a Ranged Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Orphea is an odd caster with above-average survivability and high damage output potential but limited access to crowd control. Given that all of Orphea's Abilities have a cast time or delay, they can all be avoided by prepared opponents... unless you are better prepared.
Orphea's Strengths and Weaknesses
- All Abilities have a short cast time or delay, making them avoidable
- Very limited access to crowd control
- Relatively short range on most Abilities
- Unable to efficiently claim Mercenary Camps
- Particularly weak when playing from behind
Orphea's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Overflowing Chaos BuildRecommended
Meta build. Focuses on providing reliable damage through Overflowing Chaos stacks generation for powerful Basic Attacks woven between Ability casts.
Shadow Waltz BuildSituational
Orphea's Synergies and Counters
Since Orphea depends highly on skillshots to deal damage, she works well with any Hero that can provide reliable crowd control. Her frailty also makes her dependent on other Heroes to peel for her against melee Assassins particularly; Tanks tend to fulfill these two needs, though other Hero types can too.
Since Orphea relies chiefly on skillshots with a cast time to deal damage, she does particularly poorly against Heroes that have ways of quickly dodging her Abilities.
Orphea's Tips and Tricks
- Each enemy Hero hit by Overflowing Chaos generates one Chaos, making area hits key to improving your survivability.
- Shadow Waltz may be tempting to use on-Cooldown, but using it to avoid dangerous skillshots is paramount.
- Chomp synergises naturally with Shadow Waltz; use the latter to dash to your intended target.
- Both Dread's initial wave and eruption can hit a given target.
Orphea's Role in the Current Meta
Compared to most other casters, Orphea provides higher-than-average on-demand burst damage and decent sustain damage. On the other hand, she lacks much crowd control, making it necessary to pick her along Heroes who can provide it. As with many Heroes who provide little more than damage, Orphea's popularity depends entirely on her power level resulting from game balance. Regardless, building a team composition that aims to stay ahead of one's opponents in terms of Experience is the best way of exploiting Orphea's strength as a snowballing Hero.
Due to her reliance on crowd control, Orphea is at her best when part of a roaming group of Heroes. She can hold her own in the offlane as well against most melee Heroes, but must be careful when rotating and may need help clearing out large Mercenary Camps.
- 22 Nov. 2020 (talents page): Talent description for Ancestral Strength and Insatiable updated.
- 30 Aug. 2020 (this page): Role in Current Meta section updated.
- 14 Aug. 2020 (talents page): Talent builds and recommendations updated.
- 14 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent builds and recommendations updated.
- 14 Apr. 2020 (this page): Guide fully reviewed.
- 27 Jan. 2020 (talents page): Talent builds and recommendations updated following January 22 balance patch.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note about current Anomaly.
- 11 Dec. 2018 (talents page): Talents updated.
- 06 Dec. 2018 (talents page): Shadow Waltz build added.
- 13 Nov. 2018 (this page): Guide published.
- 13 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Guide published.
- 13 Nov. 2018 (abilities page): Guide published.
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Unconfirmed Dragonflight Pre-Patch and Launch Dates Leaked
- Blizzard Debuting New Products + Giveaway at Comic-Con
- Heroes Developer's Personal Post to the Community
- Free Hero Rotation Changes in Heroes of the Storm
- New Spectral Butcher Skin Now Available
- New Heroes of the Storm Ranked Play Season
- New Login Reward - Epic Arcane Chaos Lizard Mount
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Observer and Replay Interface Guide
- Heroes of the Storm Quick Match Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Greymane