Orphea Build Guide “I won't miss your face.”
Welcome to our guide for Orphea, a Ranged Assassin in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Orphea's Overview
Orphea is an odd caster with higher-than-average survivability and high burst and sustained damage but limited access to crowd control. Since all of Orphea's Abilities have a cast time, they can all be avoided by prepared opponents... unless you are better prepared, of course.
2. Orphea's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Powerful burst damage
- High sustained damage for a caster
- Relatively high survivability
- Has access to Crushing Jaws
- All Abilities have a short cast time, making them avoidable
- Very limited access to crowd control
- Relatively short range on most Abilities
- Unable to efficiently claim Mercenary Camps
- Weak when playing from behind
3. Orphea's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Dread BuildTalent calculator »
Shadow Waltz BuildTalent calculator »
4. Orphea's Synergies and Counters
Since Orphea depends highly on skillshots to deal damage, she works well with any Hero that can provide reliable crowd control. Her frailty also makes her dependent on other Heroes to peel for her against melee Assassins particularly; tanks tend to fulfill these two needs, though other Hero types can too.
Since Orphea relies chiefly on skillshots with a cast time to deal damage, she does particularly poorly against Heroes that have ways of quickly dodging her Abilities.
5. Orphea's Maps
Orphea's inability to deal sustained PvE damage makes her a poor choice on Maps that feature objectives which must be killed. Otherwise, she is a reasonable pick on most Maps, as long as another Hero is able to solo lane and claim Mercenary Camps.
6. Orphea's Tips and Tricks
- Each enemy Hero hit by Overflowing Chaos generates one Chaos, making area hits particularly valuable for improving your survivability.
- Shadow Waltz may be tempting to use on-Cooldown, but using it to avoid dangerous skillshots is paramount.
- Chomp synergises naturally with Shadow Waltz; use the latter to dash to your intended target.
- Both Dread's initial wave and eruption can hit any given target.
- Crushing Jaws is very often superior to its Eternal Feast alternative.
7. Role in the Current Meta
Compared to most other casters, Orphea provides higher-than-average on-demand burst damage and decent sustained damage. On the other hand, she lacks much crowd control, making it necessary to pick her along Heroes who can provide it. As with many Heroes who provide little more than damage, Orphea's popularity depends entirely on her power level resulting from game balance. Regardless, building a team composition that aims to stay ahead of one's opponents in terms of Experience is the best way of exploiting Orphea's strength as a snowballing Hero.
Due to her limited survivability, unsafe waveclear, and limited early-game solo killing potential, Orphea is to be part of the roaming three- or four-Hero group.
- 11 Dec. 2018 (talents page): Talents updated.
- 06 Dec. 2018 (talents page): Shadow Waltz build added.
- 13 Nov. 2018 (talents page): Guide published.
- 13 Nov. 2018 (abilities page): Guide published.
- 13 Nov. 2018 (this page): Guide published.
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Heroic Deals: February 19th
- Free-to-Play Heroes Rotation: February 19th
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: February 15th
- Heroic Deals: February 12th
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: February 12th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Cho
- Heroes of the Storm Azmodan
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AZMODAN!
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Heroes of the Storm Auriel
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AURIEL!