Tassadar Build Guide “Executor, I stand ready!”
Welcome to our guide for Tassadar, a Ranged Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Tassadar's Overview
Tassadar is a ranged support Hero with both great offensive and defensive potential. He is often seen as a "Semi Support" since he is capable of dishing out significant damage while protecting his allies with powerful shields at the same time. Tassadar is one of the most versatile Heroes in the game, which makes him fit into many different team compositions.
2. Tassadar's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Tassadar's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Templar's Will BuildTalent calculator »
The Templar's Will Build focuses on enhancing Tassadar's Basic Attacks with the help of Templar's Will. At Level 10, both Heroic Abilities are viable. While Force Wall prevents enemy Heroes from running away, Archon causes Tassadar's Basic Attack to hit even harder. All in all, we recommend this Build if your team already features a solid Support but lacks damage, especially if the enemy team has no Blinds to prevent your Basic Attacks from hitting.
Offensive Support BuildTalent calculator »
4. Tassadar's Synergies and Counters
Tassadar is the perfect match for Warriors and Assassins who require special protection in order to unfold their true potential. As such, Heroes like Artanis or Illidan will greatly benefit from the protection Plasma Shield provides, while the Lifesteal makes them much more resilient. Valla, for the same reasons, synergizes extremely well with Tassadar, especially if combined with another Support.
Tassadar does not really get countered by a lot of Heroes, however, there are a few that can cause some problems for him. First and foremost, Varian's Shattering Throw talent allows him to break Tassadar's shields very quickly. Furthermore, Tassadar is susceptible to Silences, which makes Alarak a rather uncomfortable opponent to face.
5. Tassadar's Maps
Tassadar is an extremely versatile Hero, which makes him perform decently on most maps. However, the truly shines on battlegrounds on which he can fully utilize his Plasma Shield defensively against pushing Map Objectives, such as Golems or Punishers. We usually do not recommend picking Tassadar on Battlefield of Eternity, due to his low single target damage against Immortals.
6. Tassadar's Tips and Tricks
- Using Oracle causes Tassadar to dismount. If possible, make sure to use it first and mount up after.
- Tassadar is a formidable solo laner. Try to harass your opponents with basic attacks by using Plasma Shield on yourself as soon as you notice your enemy fights back.
- Plasma Shield can be used on allied Structures. Use this to buy your team more time while defending.
- If your team is retreating, remember that Psionic Storm can be used to dismount pursuing enemies.
7. Tassadar's Role in the Current Meta
Tassadar is a true allrounder that fits into a variety of team compositions thanks to his great utility. He acts as a Semi Supporter, which means he is usually not capable of keeping an entire team alive on his own. However, his Plasma Shield is an excellent tool to protect individual targets from burst damage, while his Psionic Storm provides great waveclear and AoE damage in team fights. Tassadar works really well when protecting fragile assassins like Illidan or Jaina, and counters Stealthed Heroes like Nova or Zeratul because of his Oracle ability. Unlike other Heroes, Tassadar can be played efficiently on all of the maps currently available.
- 30 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Khaydarin Resonance from Recommended to Not Recommended.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated Khala's Light description and updated Tassadar's Talent Builds.
- 03 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Force Barrier from Not Recommended to Situational and updated several other talent descriptions.
- 07 Aug. 2017 (this page): Removed Tassadar's Full Support build.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Adun's Wisdom's description.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Tassadar's Plasma Shield description.
- 09 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Changed Khala's Embrace from Not Recommended to Recommended and updated Talent Builds.
- 04 May 2017 (talents page): Updated several of Tassadar's talent descriptions.
- 28 Feb. 2017 (talents page): Updated Khaydarin Resonance in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 31 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Changed some Level 7 and Level 13 talent recommendations.
- 25 Jan. 2017 (this page): Guide moved to the new format and updated following the changes in Valeera's patch.
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: February 15th
- Heroic Deals: February 12th
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: February 12th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Millionaire
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Heroes of the Storm Update: February 8th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm Cho
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Heroes of the Storm Auriel
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AURIEL!
- Heroes of the Storm Uther
- Fever Clan is looking for more players!