Tassadar Build Guide “Executor, I stand ready!”
Welcome to our guide for Tassadar, a Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Tassadar's Overview
Tassadar is a ranged support Hero with both great offensive and defensive potential. He is often seen as a "Semi Support" since he is capable of dishing out significant damage while protecting his allies with powerful shields at the same time. Tassadar is one of the most versatile Heroes in the game, which makes him fit into many different team compositions.
2. Tassadar's Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Tassadar's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Psionic Storm BuildTalent calculator »
The Psionic Storm Build focuses on boosting Tassadar's waveclear and AoE capabilities, most importantly his Psionic Storm and Archon abilities. This build performs particularly well on maps such as Infernal Shrines, where Psionic Storm's AoE damage clears off PvE objectives, or Towers of Doom, where it can be used used it to prevent enemies from capturing objectives.
4. Tassadar's Synergies and Counters
Tassadar is the perfect match for Warriors and Assassins who require special protection in order to unfold their true potential. As such, Heroes like Artanis or Illidan will greatly benefit from the protection Plasma Shield provides, while the Lifesteal makes them much more resilient. Valla or Tracer, for the same reasons, synergize extremely well with Tassadar, especially if combined with another Support.
Tassadar does not really get countered by a lot of Heroes, however, there are a few that can cause some problems for him. First and foremost, Varian's Shattering Throw talent allows him to break Tassadar's shields very quickly. Furthermore, Tassadar is susceptible to Silences, which makes Alarak a rather uncomfortable opponent to face. Strong burst Mages likes Kael'thas inflict too much AoE damage for Tassadar to effectively counter.
5. Tassadar's Maps
Tassadar is an extremely versatile Hero, which makes him perform decently on most maps. However, the truly shines on battlegrounds on which he can fully utilize his Plasma Shield defensively against pushing Map Objectives, such as Golems or Punishers. We usually do not recommend picking Tassadar on Battlefield of Eternity, due to his low single target damage against Immortals.
6. Tassadar's Tips and Tricks
- Using Oracle causes Tassadar to dismount. If possible, make sure to use it first and mount up after.
- Plasma Shield can be used on allied Structures. Use this to buy your team more time while defending.
- If your team is retreating, remember that Psionic Storm can be used to dismount pursuing enemies.
- Activating Archon resets the cooldown of Tassadar's Dimensional Shift, which enables him to dodge skillshots and damage.
7. Tassadar's Role in the Current Meta
Tassadar is a true allrounder that fits into a variety of team compositions thanks to his great utility. He acts as a Semi Supporter, which means he is usually not capable of keeping an entire team alive on his own. However, his Plasma Shield is an excellent tool to protect individual targets from burst damage, while his Psionic Storm provides great waveclear and AoE damage in team fights. Tassadar works really well when protecting fragile assassins like Illidan or Tracer, and counters Stealthed Heroes like Nova or Zeratul because of his Oracle ability. Unlike other Heroes, Tassadar can be played efficiently on all of the maps currently available.
- 19 Feb. 2019 (talents page): Updated Tassadar's talent builds.
- 19 Feb. 2019 (this page): Updated Tassadar's introduction.
- 30 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Khaydarin Resonance from Recommended to Not Recommended.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated Khala's Light description and updated Tassadar's Talent Builds.
- 03 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Force Barrier from Not Recommended to Situational and updated several other talent descriptions.
- 07 Aug. 2017 (this page): Removed Tassadar's Full Support build.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Adun's Wisdom's description.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Tassadar's Plasma Shield description.
- 09 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Changed Khala's Embrace from Not Recommended to Recommended and updated Talent Builds.
- 04 May 2017 (talents page): Updated several of Tassadar's talent descriptions.
- 28 Feb. 2017 (talents page): Updated Khaydarin Resonance in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 31 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Changed some Level 7 and Level 13 talent recommendations.
- 25 Jan. 2017 (this page): Guide moved to the new format and updated following the changes in Valeera's patch.
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Leoric
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Heroes of the Storm Imperius
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?
- Heroes of the Storm Tyrande
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio