Tassadar Build Guide “Executor, I stand ready!”
Welcome to our guide for Tassadar, a Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Tassadar is a ranged support Hero with both great offensive and defensive potential. He is often seen as a "Semi Support" since he is capable of dishing out significant damage while protecting his allies with powerful shields at the same time. Tassadar is one of the most versatile Heroes in the game, which makes him fit into many different team compositions.
Tassadar's Strengths and Weaknesses
Tassadar's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Shield BuildTalent calculator »
The Shield Build is designed to provide Tassadar and his allies with strong protection against burst damage while also improving their overall utility by applying buffs, such as increased Movement Speed or Life Steal. At Level 1, Khaydarin Resonance lays the foundation to more potent Shields, which in return will work greatly with both Khala's Celerity and Khala's Embrace as follow-up talents at Level 4. Investing points into Mental Acuity at Level 7 and Adun's Wisdom at Level 13 allows Tassadar to benefit off strong Basic Ability cooldown reduction, which results in more Shielding as well. Shield Battery concludes the Shield Build with additional AoE protection turning Tassadar into a late-game protection machine.
Psionic Storm BuildTalent calculator »
The Psionic Storm Build focuses on boosting Tassadar's waveclear and AoE capabilities, most importantly his Psionic Storm and Archon abilities. This build performs particularly well on maps such as Infernal Shrines, where Psionic Storm's AoE damage clears off PvE objectives, or Towers of Doom, where it can be used used it to prevent enemies from capturing objectives.
Tassadar's Synergies and Counters
Tassadar is the perfect match for Warriors and Assassins who require special protection in order to unfold their true potential. As such, Heroes like Artanis or Illidan will greatly benefit from the protection Plasma Shield provides, while the Lifesteal makes them much more resilient. Valla or Tracer, for the same reasons, synergize extremely well with Tassadar, especially if combined with another Support.
Tassadar does not really get countered by a lot of Heroes, however, there are some that can cause problems for him. First and foremost, Varian's Shattering Throw talent allows him to break Tassadar's shields very quickly. Furthermore, Tassadar is susceptible to Silences, which makes Alarak a rather uncomfortable opponent to face. Strong burst Mages likes Kael'thas inflict too much AoE damage for Tassadar to effectively counter.
Tassadar is an extremely versatile Hero, which makes him perform decently on most maps. However, the truly shines on battlegrounds on which he can fully utilize his Plasma Shield defensively against pushing Map Objectives, such as Bosses, Immortals, or Punishers.
Tassadar's Tips and Tricks
- Using Oracle causes Tassadar to dismount. If possible, make sure to use it first and mount up after.
- Plasma Shield can be used on allied Structures. Use this to buy your team more time while defending.
- If your team is retreating, remember that Psionic Storm can be used to dismount pursuing enemies.
- Activating Archon resets the cooldown of Tassadar's Dimensional Shift, which enables him to dodge skillshots and damage.
Tassadar's Role in the Current Meta
Since Tassadar is a very situational Hero pick, we do not think he is a particularly strong Hero in the current Anomaly. Firstly, he is too dependent on his teammates to pick the right Assassin beside him. Secondly, he lacks the strength to prevent other Heroes from picking up Experience Globes.
Tassadar is usually picked with a regular Healer to empower a so-called "Hypercarry" like Illidan, Tracer, or Valla, who (if well protected) can dish out enough damage to decide team fights all by themselves. Tassadar fits into such compositions very well thanks to his strong Shields that also provide Life Steal to these Basic Attack dependent Heroes.
- 16 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (this page): Updated Tassadar's introduction to reflect the current meta more accurately.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Tassadar's ability descriptions.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Updated Tassadar's Talent Builds and several of his Talent priorities in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 19 Feb. 2019 (this page): Updated Tassadar's introduction.
- 19 Feb. 2019 (talents page): Updated Tassadar's talent builds.
- 30 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Changed Khaydarin Resonance from Recommended to Not Recommended.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Updated Khala's Light description and updated Tassadar's Talent Builds.
- 03 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Force Barrier from Not Recommended to Situational and updated several other talent descriptions.
- 07 Aug. 2017 (this page): Removed Tassadar's Full Support build.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Tassadar's Plasma Shield description.
- 06 Jul. 2017 (talents page): Updated Adun's Wisdom's description.
- 09 Jun. 2017 (talents page): Changed Khala's Embrace from Not Recommended to Recommended and updated Talent Builds.
- 04 May 2017 (talents page): Updated several of Tassadar's talent descriptions.
- 28 Feb. 2017 (talents page): Updated Khaydarin Resonance in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 31 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Changed some Level 7 and Level 13 talent recommendations.
- 25 Jan. 2017 (this page): Guide moved to the new format and updated following the changes in Valeera's patch.
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 14th
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 7th (Delayed)
- Deathwing Nerfs Coming in the Next Balance Patch
- Heroic Deals: January 7th
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- The Listening Game Podcast: Cloaken Interviews Lana Bachynski
- Heroes of the Storm Mephisto
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Greymane
- Trivia: Maxium Multi-kill Icon
- Heroes of the Storm Leoric
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Remember when Legendary skins were...well, Legendary?