Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
The goal of this Tier List is to inform players around Master League regarding how strong and popular Heroes are in the current metagame.
The goal of this Tier List is to inform players around Master League—so from Diamond to Grand Master—regarding how strong and popular Heroes are in the current metagame.
Heroes that are worth banning at the beginning of the draft have been marked with a red label. You can also find a brief explanation about that right below them.
To better match high-level drafting, instead of using the in-game Bruiser category, we added a Solo Laner category that includes a few Heroes from other Roles as well (such as Samuro and The Lost Vikings).
Strong (Tier S)
In this Tier we have a list of strong Heroes that should either be picked before the enemy team does or banned at the beginning of the draft.
Thanks to recent buffs and her being already in a good state prior to them, Sonya is a force to be reckoned with. Be sure to have a favorable match-up in lane and some tools to shut her down during team fights.
Lucio is a great spot nowadays. When Sound Barrier would be too slow for saving allied Heroes, you can go for the now buffed High Five to completely shut down enemy crowd control without risking that much like in the past.
Good (Tier 1)
In this Tier we have a list of good Heroes that perform really well in most scenarios but can struggle a little when countered by the enemy team.
When played correctly and not countered that much, Diablo has insane survivability that allows him to wreak havoc with crowd control Abilities while also having a respectable damage output to pressure the enemy backline on his own.
In the hand of an experienced player, The Lost Vikings can soak up to 3 lanes while their team is either ganking or pushing. If you know that an enemy player plays The Lost Vikings well and you are playing on a 3-lane Battleground, consider banning them.
Even if labeled as Tank in-game, we find Cho to be a solid Melee Assassin for your team as he can dish out a solid amount of damage but cannot really engage and/or peel for his team. Draft him alongside a Tank, a Solo Laner, and a Healer for maximum value.
Sylvanas is a versatile Hero that adds a lot of value to her team, both in team fights and outside of them. While fighting, she can deal a lot of damage and has a powerful crowd control effect: Wailing Arrow. While not fighting, she can pressure the enemy team by quickly taking down Minions, Mercenaries, and even Structures with the help of her team.
Ana is a strong Healer when combined with a Hero who can benefit from her Nano Boost during team fights (usually a Mage, but not always), especially if you factor in her scary healing reduction via Biotic Grenade and her solid damage output thanks to Night Terrors at Level 7.
If your team has enough tools to handle macro and/or the Battleground you are playing on does not require a lot of them, you can play Heroes like LiLi or Uther as secondary Healer to be stronger in team fights.
Uther is currently the most flexible Hero in the game as he can be played into completely different Roles (Tank, Healer, or Support), something that makes him a solid pick in a good number of drafts if the rest of your team knows how to draft around him and manages to patch his weaknesses.
Decent (Tier 2)
In this Tier we have a list of decent Heroes whose performance heavily depends on the situation they are in, therefore you should think twice before picking them.
E.T.C. has a powerful kit that allows him to have a favorable matchup against most Tanks—only Johanna can counter him—and annoy many Heroes from other Roles as well. The current metagame, however, does not favor him.
The current best way to play Deathwing consists of having him in the 4-man as a Ranged Assassin. You can occasionally play him as Solo Laner or even Melee Assassin sometimes, but those ways to play him are way easier to counter.
With the appropriate Build, Azmodan is great at split-pushing. If the enemy team does not dedicate at least a Hero to constantly counter what he is doing, he can quickly clear Minions and easily destroy enemy Structures, but he has to be extremely careful. Try to gank him often, especially if he tries to go alone for Keeps in the late game.
Mediocre (Tier 3)
In this Tier we have a list of mediocre Heroes that are usually not worth playing, unless the enemy team does not have anything that counters them and/or you have a lot of experience with them.
Warning! Solo Laners in this Tier are extremely situational. They should not be picked unless you are sure to have a favorable match-up against a given Hero on a given Map and you are not exposed to ganks from the rest of their team (Genji comes to mind).
- 30 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 25 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 17 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 11 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 07 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 23 Feb. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 08 Feb. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Hogger added.
- 30 Oct. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 01 Oct. 2020: Introduction added.
- 29 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 22 Sep. 2020: Roles reworked to better match high-level drafting.
- Bruiser removed.
- Solo Laner added.
- Heroes moved accordingly.
- 21 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 01 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 29 Aug. 2020: Tier List created.
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 10-11
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 10-11
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 3-4
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 3-4
- 2021 Season 1 Extended by 1 Month
- Free-to-Play Heroes Rotation: March 30th
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Malfurion
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Valla
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Deckard
- Heroes of the Storm Probius