Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
The goal of this Tier List is to inform players around Master League regarding how strong and popular Heroes are in the current metagame.
The goal of this Tier List is to inform players around Master League—so from Diamond to Grand Master—regarding how strong and popular Heroes are in the current metagame.
Heroes that are worth banning at the beginning of the draft have been marked with a red label. You can also find a brief explanation about that right below them.
To better match high-level drafting, instead of using the in-game Bruiser category, we added a Solo Laner category that includes a few Heroes from other Roles as well (such as Samuro and The Lost Vikings).
Strong (Tier S)
In this Tier we have a list of strong Heroes that should either be picked before the enemy team does or banned at the beginning of the draft.
Good (Tier 1)
In this Tier we have a list of good Heroes that perform really well in most scenarios but can struggle a little when countered by the enemy team.
When played correctly, Diablo has insane survivability that allows him to wreak havoc with crowd control effects while also having a respectable damage output to pressure the enemy backline on his own.
E.T.C. has a powerful kit that allows him to have a favorable matchup against most Tanks—only Johanna can counter him—and annoy many Heroes from other Roles as well. A well-timed Mosh Pit can steal a win even against team compositions that have multiple interrupts at their disposal.
Garrosh is annoying to play against for many Heroes, therefore we suggest to consider banning him when your team has Heroes that cannot play around Wrecking Ball with ease and/or that cannot poke him from the distance (such as Hanzo).
Hogger is great at clearing Mercenary Camps and, when built and played properly, can be a force to be reckoned with during team fights as well, especially on Battlegrounds with narrow areas near the Objective (such as Infernal Shrines).
In the hand of an experienced player, The Lost Vikings can soak up to 3 lanes while their team is either ganking or pushing. If you know that an enemy player plays The Lost Vikings well and you are playing on a 3-lane Battleground, consider banning them.
Even if labeled as Tank in-game, we find Cho to be a solid Melee Assassin for your team as he can dish out a solid amount of damage but cannot really engage and/or peel for his team. Draft him alongside a Tank, a solo laner, and a Healer for maximum value. Do not hesitate to ban either Cho or Gall when you expect them to be picked by the enemy team because, after the recent buffs, they are scary to play against and not that easy to counter.
Ana confirms to be a powerful Healer when combined with a Hero who can benefit from her Nano Boost during team fights (usually a Mage), especially if you factor in her scary healing reduction via Biotic Grenade and her solid damage output thanks to Night Terrors at Level 7.
Decent (Tier 2)
In this Tier we have a list of decent Heroes whose performance heavily depends on the situation they are in, therefore you should think twice before picking them.
Mediocre (Tier 3)
In this Tier we have a list of mediocre Heroes that are usually not worth playing, unless the enemy team does not have anything that counters them and/or you have a lot of experience with them.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Hogger added.
- 30 Oct. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 01 Oct. 2020: Introduction added.
- 29 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 22 Sep. 2020: Roles reworked to better match high-level drafting.
- Bruiser removed.
- Solo Laner added.
- Heroes moved accordingly.
- 21 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 01 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 29 Aug. 2020: Tier List created.
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: January 19th
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- How to Become a Better Stukov Player
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes: December 1st
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Qhira
- Heroes of the Storm Hogger
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List