Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
The goal of this Tier List is to inform players from Diamond to Grand Master regarding how strong and popular Heroes are in the current metagame.
The goal of this Tier List is to inform players around Master League—so from Diamond to Grand Master—regarding how strong and popular Heroes are in the current metagame. Heroes that are worth banning at the beginning of the draft have been marked with a red label. You can also find a brief explanation about some Heroes.
In order to match the drafting strategy recommended by experienced players (1 Tank, 1 Solo Laner, 1 Ranged Assassin, 1 Healer, and 1 flexible pick), instead of using the in-game Bruiser category, we added a Solo Laner category that includes a few Heroes from other Roles as well (such as Samuro and The Lost Vikings).
Strong (Tier S)
In this Tier we have a list of strong Heroes that should either be picked before the enemy team does or banned at the beginning of the draft.
Good (Tier 1)
In this Tier we have a list of good Heroes that perform really well in most scenarios but can struggle a little when countered by the enemy team.
Blaze is a well-rounded Solo Laner with crowd control, high damage, and a lot of survivability. Sometimes he can even be played as main Tank, something that gives your team more flexibility while drafting.
Thanks to his recent rework increasing his survivability and threat level in various ways, Stitches is now doing well, especially when playing on Battlegrounds where he can get a lot of value from Hook.
Even if labeled as Tank in-game, we find Cho to be a solid Melee Assassin for your team as he can dish out a solid amount of damage but cannot really engage and/or peel for his team. Draft him alongside a Tank, a Solo Laner, and a Healer for maximum value.
Decent (Tier 2)
In this Tier we have a list of decent Heroes whose performance heavily depends on the situation they are in, therefore you should think twice before picking them.
The current best way to play Deathwing consists of having him in the 4-man as a Ranged Assassin. You can occasionally play him as Solo Laner or even Melee Assassin sometimes, but those ways to play him are way easier to counter.
With the appropriate Build, Azmodan is good at split-pushing. If the enemy team does not dedicate at least a Hero to constantly counter what he is doing, he can quickly clear Minions and easily destroy enemy Structures, but he has to be extremely careful. Try to gank him often, especially if he tries to go alone for Keeps in the late game.
Uther is currently the most flexible Hero in the game as he can be played into completely different Roles (Tank, Healer, or Support), something that makes him an interesting pick in a good number of drafts.
Mediocre (Tier 3)
In this Tier we have a list of mediocre Heroes that are usually not worth playing, unless the enemy team does not have anything that counters them and/or you have a lot of experience with them.
Warning! Solo Laners in this Tier are extremely situational. They should not be picked unless you are sure to have a favorable match-up against a given Hero on a given Map and you are not exposed to ganks from the rest of their team (Genji comes to mind).
- 28 Jul. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 24 Jul. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 02 Jul. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 06 Jun. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 20 May 2021: Tier List updated.
- 30 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 25 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 17 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 11 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 07 Mar. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 23 Feb. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 08 Feb. 2021: Tier List updated.
- 07 Dec. 2020: Hogger added.
- 30 Oct. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 17 Oct. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 01 Oct. 2020: Introduction added.
- 29 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 22 Sep. 2020: Roles reworked to better match high-level drafting.
- Bruiser removed.
- Solo Laner added.
- Heroes moved accordingly.
- 21 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 01 Sep. 2020: Tier List updated.
- 29 Aug. 2020: Tier List created.
- Blizzard Offers Paid Time Off for Wednesday's Walkout Protest
- Activision Blizzard Employee Walkout Protest on Wednesday, July 28th
- Critical Open Letter Signed by over 1000 Current and Former Activision Blizzard Employees
- Lawyer Reviews of the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit (Videos)
- Ben Brode Talks About a Harrasment Situation, Reports and Firings and More
- Blizzard Staff Respond to Lawsuit and Internal Mails
- Updated: (Comments on Afrasiabi) Chris Metzen's Response to the Activision Blizzard Lawsuit
- Mike Morhaime, Former Blizzard CEO, Responds to the Lawsuit Allegations
- Heroes of the Storm Debug Mode
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales
- Heroes of the Storm Uther
- Heroes of the Storm Warhead Junction
- Heroes of the Storm Hanamura Temple
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List