Stitches Build Guide “ROAAAARR!”
Welcome to our guide for Stitches, a Melee Warrior Warrior in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Stitches' Overview
Stitches is a low-mobility Tank, capable of pulling distant Heroes to him with Hook. Stitches has a lot of Health, and a powerful self-sustain with Devour. He works best with Heroes who can follow up Hook with strong crowd control, which will help to secure picks throughout the game.
2. Stitches' Strengths and Weaknesses
- Hook can pull enemy Heroes completely out of position, allowing your team to kill them easily.
- Hook can pull allied Heroes out of danger, or into otherwise advantageous positions.
- Good sustained AoE damage
- Strong self-sustain with Devour
- Good disengage with Putrid Bile
- Gorge can isolate enemy Heroes or temporarily remove threats from team fights
3. Stitches' Talent Build Cheatsheet
Slam BuildTalent calculator »
The Slam Build focuses on Talents that transform Slam into a powerful and versatile Ability. Putrid Ground and Toxic Gas allow you to infect enemy units with a stronger Vile Gas from a safer distance. These two Talents already give Stitches some much needed improvement to waveclear. Mega Smash increases Slam's range and arc width, making it much safer to use on enemy Heroes during team fights. Pulverize squeezes more value out of all of the other Slam Talents, by decreasing Slam's cooldown. Pulverize also adds a strong (yet brief) Slow to enemies, each time they are hit by Slam. This effect gives you even more team fight presence. All of these Talents force enemies to worry about more than just Hook, and allow Stitches to participate in important PvE activities that he will struggle with otherwise. The Slam build is easy to use, and very impactful in most matchups.
Sustain BuildTalent calculator »
The Sustain Build sacrifices the strong Hero damage and PvE from the Slam build, and replaces it with much more survivability. Dampen Magic can be taken in place of Hungry for More when the enemy team has significant Ability based damage. Amplified Healing will increase healing from all sources, which works well with Savor the Flavor. Indigestion helps with the lack of PvE capability this build path provides. Because this build trades so much utility for survivability, it is important to take Fishing Hook in order to remain threatening to enemy Heroes. Finally, Cannibalize is excellent with Hungry for More, but Potent Bile may be used instead if Dampen Magic was taken at Level 1.
4. Stitches' Synergies and Counters
Because so much of Stitches' ability to impact a match is baked into Hook, he can be challenged by frontline Heroes who are bad Hook targets. This typically means that these Heroes can easily escape once pulled by Hook, that killing them is of little consequence, or both. These Heroes can stand in front of their team, making it much harder to land Hook on more meaningful backline enemies.
5. Stitches' Maps
Stitches is good on maps where Hook can be used advantageously with terrain features, and that have confined objectives that ensure value from Vile Gas. These objectives will typically be those where teams fight in close proximity for control of an area for prolonged periods of time. Stitches may struggle on maps that contain map objectives that encourage teams to split across the map. This is primarily because Hook is more effective when there are more allies to respond to it.
6. Stitches' Tips and Tricks
- Vile Gas hits nearby enemies when triggered; position yourself to maximise this effect when it is safe to do so.
- Hook can be used to pull enemy Heroes away from safety, or to pull your allies out of danger.
- Slam is a great tool for dismounting enemy Heroes at range, and is also suitable for use on Minion waves.
- Devour should be used to recover health as needed, or to deal bonus damage to non-Heroic units.
- Putrid Bile can be used bile to slow escaping enemies, or to disengage.
- Gorge can be used to bring enemy Heroes behind your gate and walls, resulting in easy kills.
7. Role in the Current Meta
Team compositions that Stitches excels in usually play off of Hook, where Heroes with Stuns, Roots, and burst damage can instantly kill or crowd control a pulled enemy Hero. Uther, Jaina, and Xul are fantastic Heroes to pair with Stitches for this reason.
Stitches is most effective when you use Hook to pull a vulnerable enemy backline Hero into the midst of your team, winning a team fight before a counter engagement occurs. Once a team fight breaks out, Putrid Bile can be used to Slow the enemy Heroes' advance or retreat. Vile Gas inflicts damage over time in an AoE around Stitches, which can add up to a significant amount over the course of a team fight. However, Stitches' lack of crowd control and gap closers can make him more vulnerable to focused attacks than other Tanks, as he cannot quickly reposition himself. One of the reasons Slam build has been prevalent in the meta for so long is that it allows the user to apply Vile Gas from much safer positioning.
- 02 Oct. 2017 (this page): Moved Stitches' guide to the new format and updated it for Ana's patch.
- Game Director Alan Dabiri Leaves Heroes Team
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- WTF Moments Episode 114
- Weekly Collection Update: October 16th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 12th
- Mal'Ganis Overview
- Heroes of the Storm PTR Patch Notes: October 8th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update: October 10th
- Fever Clan Recruitment
- Heroes of the Storm Diablo
- whitemane - mana converstion burst heal guide. the nart build
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Was just told auriel is the worst healer in the game
- Im trying to start up a team to improve
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie