Stitches Build Guide “ROAAAARR!”
Welcome to our guide for Stitches, a Tank in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Stitches is a low-mobility Tank, capable of pulling distant Heroes to him with Hook. Stitches has a lot of Health, and a powerful self-sustain with Devour. He works best with Heroes who can follow up Hook with strong crowd control, which will help to secure picks throughout the game.
Stitches's Strengths and Weaknesses
Stitches's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Stitches's Slam Build is designed to get as much value as possible from the Hero by increasing his survivability, utility, and damage. While it is possible to vary some Talents here and there, the general idea behind it remains the same: use Hook empowered by Fishing Hook for additional range and then follow up with Slam empowered by Lacerate for additional damage.
Stitches's Synergies and Counters
Because so much of Stitches' ability to impact a match is baked into Hook, he can be challenged by frontline Heroes who are bad Hook targets. This typically means that these Heroes can easily escape once pulled by Hook, that killing them is of little consequence, or both. These Heroes can stand in front of their team, making it much harder to land Hook on more meaningful backline enemies. Due to his high health pool, he is also susceptible to percentage-based damage.
Stitches is good on maps where Hook can be used advantageously with terrain features, and that have confined objectives that ensure value from Vile Cleaver. These objectives will typically be those where teams fight in close proximity for control of an area for prolonged periods of time. Stitches may struggle on maps that contain map objectives that encourage teams to split across the map. This is primarily because Hook is more effective when there are more allies to respond to it.
Stitches's Tips and Tricks
- Vile Cleaver damages enemies after receiving Basic Attacks; consistently attacking the same target re-applies its damage.
- Hook can be used to pull enemy Heroes away from safety, or to pull your allies out of danger.
- Slam is a great tool for dismounting enemy Heroes at range, and is also suitable for use on Minion waves.
- Devour should be used to recover health as needed, or to deal bonus damage to non-Heroic units.
- Putrid Bile can be used to slow escaping enemies, or to disengage.
- Gorge can be used to bring enemy Heroes behind your gate and walls, resulting in easy kills.
Role in the Current Meta
Team compositions that Stitches excels in usually play off of Hook, where Heroes with Stuns, Roots, and burst damage can instantly kill or crowd control a pulled enemy Hero. Malfurion, Jaina, and Tyrande are fantastic Heroes to pair with Stitches for this reason.
Stitches is most effective when you use Hook to pull a vulnerable enemy backline Hero into the midst of your team, winning a team fight before a counter engagement occurs. Once a team fight breaks out, Putrid Bile can be used to Slow the enemy Heroes' advance or retreat. Vile Cleaver inflicts damage over time in an AoE around Stitches, which can add up to a significant amount over the course of a team fight. However, Stitches' lack of crowd control and gap closers can make him more vulnerable to focused attacks than other Tanks, as he cannot quickly reposition himself. One of the reasons Slam build has been prevalent in the meta for so long is that it allows the user to apply Vile Gas from much safer positioning.
- 16 Jul. 2020 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 16 Jul. 2020 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 16 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 15 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 15 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 14 Feb. 2020 (talents page): Updated Stitches' talents and builds in accordance to the latest Balance Update.
- 16 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added the current Anomaly (Experience Globes) to the guide.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (talents page): Updated Stitches' talents and builds.
- 29 Jul. 2019 (abilities page): Reviewed the Abilities section.
- 12 Dec. 2018 (talents page): Completely overhauled Stitches' Talents and Builds in accordance with his latest re-work.
- 02 Oct. 2017 (this page): Moved Stitches' guide to the new format and updated it for Ana's patch.
- Activision Blizzard Q2 2020 Financial Report
- Old Diablo 2: Lord of Destruction Trailer Upscaled to 4K
- Blizzard at Gamescom 2020
- The Summoning: Diablo 4 Announcement Cinematic Trailer Parody
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: July 15th
- Climate Phenomena Nexus Anomaly Removed from the Game
- Upcoming Heroes of the Storm AMA: July 16th
- Diablo 2 Gameplay AI Upscaled to 4K, 60 FPS
- Heroes of the Storm Mei
- Heroes of the Storm Tier List
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Totally accurate rank list of heroes of the storm
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?