Anduin Build Guide “Injustice will not stand!”
Welcome to our guide for Anduin, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Anduin is a ranged Healer that excels at protecting himself and his allies at the same time using shields and heals. Unlike some of the other Healers, Anduin possesses quite some play-making potential utilizing various crowd control and utility effects. He can, for instance, save allies in need by using Leap of Faith ability, which grants them immunity against crowd control effects and pulls them towards Anduin. Mastering Anduin's arsenal of protective and offensive tools provides your team with a powerful Healer in the backline that can contribute a great deal during team fights.
Anduin's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strong burst healing
- Can protect himself quite well
- Both Heroic Abilites are viable choices
- Powerful late game
- Leap of Faith counters crowd control
- Susceptible to enemy crowd control
- Requires safe positioning
- No Attack Speed or Movement Speed enhancement for Basic Attack dependent allies
Anduin's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Full Heal BuildTalent calculator »
The Full Heal Build focuses mainly on keeping allies alive with the help of consistent (AoE) healing. When picking this Build, Anduin's positioning near his allies is key, especially when it comes to saving allies with Leap of Faith. The first big decision needs to be made at Level 7, since all three talents are viable in their own way. Thus, analyzing the enemy team composition is helpful to determine which talent will net most value. If the enemy team relies on slow and sustained damage, Power Word: Shield and Binding Heal are great. If they focus more on burst damage, Blessed Recovery is a solid choice.
At Level 10, we recommend both Holy Word: Salvation, which can single-handedly turn around team fights if channeled uninterruptedly, and Lightbomb which can be a great tool on mobile melee Allies who can quickly dive into the enemy team's backline and then stun multiple targets at the same time. In the late game, Anduin possesses two major synergy combos. Enchant Boots - Lion's Speed at Level 13 and Glyph of Faith at Level 20 against heavy crowd control, and Inner Focus at Level 16 and Desperate Prayer at Level 20 for emergency healing.
MANduin Build (Offensive)Talent calculator »
The MANduin Build offers a slightly more aggressive playstyle, which features a major power spike at Level 20 thanks to the strong synergy between Inner Fire at Level 4 and Varian's Legacy at Level 20. Anduin's long range Basic Attacks can then provide himself with outstanding self-heal and bonus damage, especially when spread on multiple targets consistently. At Level 7, analyzing the enemy team composition is helpful to determine which talent will net most value. If the enemy team relies on slow and sustained damage, Power Word: Shield and Binding Heal are great. If they focus more on burst damage, Blessed Recovery is a solid choice.
This Build makes it more forgiving for Anduin to suffer from positioning mistakes, especially with Lightbomb being available, which can be cast on Anduin himself as an emergency escape mechanism.
Anduin's Synergies and Counters
Anduin has no synergies in particular, as he empowers a great number of Heroes due to his neutral kit. However, his constant healing can make Tanks very hard to kill. To Assassins that lack any form innate escape machanisms, such as Jaina or Raynor, Anduin's Leap of Faith can be the saving grace to protect them from enemy assaults.
Anduin struggles against two major counters that affect his kit: Firstly, anti-healing abilities like Ana's Biotic Grenade, which shuts down most of Anduin's combat performance. Secondly, mobile Assassins like Tracer or Illidan can be impossible for Anduin to escape from unless he is aided by teammates. A more specific counter to Anduin's Holy Word: Salvation Heroic Ability are long-distance crowd control effects, such as Falstad's Mighty Gust.
Anduin excels on Maps that feature static Objectives, such as Shrines on Dragon Shire or Prison Camps on Alterac Pass. Furthermore, choke points can make for great locations for Divine Star to get value from. All in all, Anduin's well-rounded kit leaves him with no real map vulnerabilities.
Anduin's Tips and Tricks
- Leap of Faith can be used on allies already impaired by enemy crowd control or pre-emptively to prevent them from taking damage.
- Cancelling Flash Heal's channel animation does not put the ability on cooldown, which allows Anduin to re-position himself and immediately start casting again.
- Safe positioning is key when playing Anduin, as he lacks any form of escape mechanism, such as dashes or teleports.
- Inner Focus can be used after casting Desperate Prayer to reset Flash Heal's cooldown.
- Lightbomb's Stun can be used after (or before) using Chastise's Root to trigger a strong crowd control combo.
Anduin's Role in the Current Meta
As most Healers, Anduin is not really impacted by the introduction of Experience Globe Anomaly, as it is usually not the responsibility of the Healer to pick them up in the first place. He remains a neutral pick in the current Anomaly that does neither over- nor underperform.
Anduin is a healing powerhouse that combines AoE healing and single target protection. As such, he is a decent pick against all sorts of damage types on the enemy team. Since he lacks any form of escape mechanism, positioning is key when playing Anduin. Keep an eye out for engaging Tanks and Bruisers that can use Stuns and Roots to lock him down.
At Level 10, both Heroic Abilities can be used with great effect. Lightbomb is particularly strong with melee Heroes who will likely be surrounded by several enemies. Its relatively short cooldown also makes it quite forgiving if the ability does not provide the desired efficiency. Holy Word: Salvation, on the other hand, requires precise timing and game sense. Thus, counting cooldowns on enemy abilities that could easily interrupt Anduin's channeling process is often vital to guarantee success.
- 06 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 05 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Checked and proof-read Anduin's guide and found no need for necessary changes.
- 23 May 2019 (talents page): Updated Anduin's talents and builds in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 03 May 2019 (talents page): Changed Moral Compass from Not Recommended to Recommended and Holy Reach from Recommended to Not Recommended.
- 28 Apr. 2019 (this page): Guide added.
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch: February 12th
- Heroic Deals: February 11th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: February 11th
- Weekly Brawl - Braxis Outpost: February 7th
- The Current State of the Heroes of the Storm A.I.
- Blizzard President J. Allen Brack on Warcraft III Reforged Launch
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2019 Earnings Call: Diablo Immortal Testing in Mid-2020, WoW Sub Growth
- New Head of the Diablo Franchise Is Rod Ferguson of Gears of War
- burst thrall
- Heroes of the Storm Imperius
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- My vision Yrel for qm and non-high legaue.
- Heroes of the Storm Li-Ming
- Heroes of the Storm Mephisto