Anduin Build Guide “Injustice will not stand!”
Welcome to our guide for Anduin, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Anduin is a ranged Healer that excels at protecting himself and his allies at the same time using shields and heals. Unlike some of the other Healers, Anduin possesses quite some play-making potential utilizing various crowd control and utility effects. He can, for instance, save allies in need by using Leap of Faith ability, which grants them immunity against crowd control effects and pulls them towards Anduin. Mastering Anduin's arsenal of protective and offensive tools provides your team with a powerful Healer in the backline that can contribute a great deal during team fights.
Anduin's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strong burst healing
- Can protect himself quite well
- Both Heroic Abilites are viable choices
- Powerful late game
- Leap of Faith counters crowd control
- Low area of effect healing
Anduin's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Basic Attacks BuildRecommended
Anduin's Synergies and Counters
Anduin has no synergies in particular, as he empowers a great number of Heroes due to his neutral kit. However, his constant healing can make Tanks very hard to kill. To Assassins that lack any form innate escape machanisms, such as Jaina or Raynor, Anduin's Leap of Faith can be the saving grace to protect them from enemy assaults.
Anduin struggles against two major counters that affect his kit: Firstly, anti-healing abilities like Ana's Biotic Grenade, which shuts down most of Anduin's combat performance. Secondly, mobile Assassins like Tracer or Illidan can be impossible for Anduin to escape from unless he is aided by teammates. A more specific counter to Anduin's Holy Word: Salvation Heroic Ability are long-distance crowd control effects, such as Falstad's Mighty Gust.
Anduin excels on Maps that feature static Objectives, such as Shrines on Dragon Shire or Prison Camps on Alterac Pass. Furthermore, choke points can make for great locations for Divine Star to get value from. All in all, Anduin's well-rounded kit leaves him with no real map vulnerabilities.
Anduin's Tips and Tricks
- Leap of Faith can be used on allies already impaired by enemy crowd control or pre-emptively to prevent them from taking damage.
- Cancelling Flash Heal's channel animation does not put the ability on cooldown, which allows Anduin to re-position himself and immediately start casting again.
- Safe positioning is key when playing Anduin, as he lacks any form of escape mechanism, such as dashes or teleports.
- Inner Focus can be used after casting Desperate Prayer to reset Flash Heal's cooldown.
- Lightbomb's Stun can be used after (or before) using Chastise's Root to trigger a strong crowd control combo.
Anduin's Role in the Current Meta
As most Healers, Anduin is not really impacted by the introduction of Experience Globe Anomaly, as it is usually not the responsibility of the Healer to pick them up in the first place. He remains a neutral pick in the current Anomaly that does neither over- nor underperform.
Anduin is a healing powerhouse that combines AoE healing and single target protection. As such, he is a decent pick against all sorts of damage types on the enemy team. Since he lacks any form of escape mechanism, positioning is key when playing Anduin. Keep an eye out for engaging Tanks and Bruisers that can use Stuns and Roots to lock him down.
At Level 10, both Heroic Abilities can be used with great effect. Lightbomb is particularly strong with melee Heroes who will likely be surrounded by several enemies. Its relatively short cooldown also makes it quite forgiving if the ability does not provide the desired efficiency. Holy Word: Salvation, on the other hand, requires precise timing and game sense. Thus, counting cooldowns on enemy abilities that could easily interrupt Anduin's channeling process is often vital to guarantee success.
- 07 May 2020 (this page): Builds and Descriptions changed according to the latest Balance Update.
- 07 May 2020 (talents page): Builds and Descriptions changed according to the latest Balance Update.
- 09 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 09 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 06 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 05 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Checked and proof-read Anduin's guide and found no need for necessary changes.
- 23 May 2019 (talents page): Updated Anduin's talents and builds in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 03 May 2019 (talents page): Changed Moral Compass from Not Recommended to Recommended and Holy Reach from Recommended to Not Recommended.
- 28 Apr. 2019 (this page): Guide added.
- World First Diablo 2 + LoD Speed Run in Under 1 Hour
- Diablo 2 Remaster? A "Classic Revival" to Be Announced at IGN Summer
- BlizzCon 2020 Cancelled, New Plans Being Worked On
- Call for Help Nexus Anomaly Feedback Wanted
- Haunted Mines Soundtrack Drum Cover
- Greek Gods Skin Concepts: Messenger Kharazim & Hades Ragnaros
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: May 6th
- Mythic Pantheon Skins Now Live
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes with Self-Healing
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar