Lt. Morales Build Guide “I protect every member of my squad!”
Welcome to our guide for Lt. Morales, a Ranged Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Lt. Morales' Overview
Lt. Morales is a ranged Support whose powerful single-target heals make her a very good addition to most Warriors and melee Assassins. However, her lack of mobility causes her to be an easy target to engage on, which is why it is of utmost importance to know how to position yourself when playing as Lt. Morales.
2. Lt. Morales' Strengths and Weaknesses
3. Lt. Morales' Talent Build Cheatsheet
Grenade BuildTalent calculator »
The Grenade Build offers you with both satisfying healing output and a decent amount of disruption provided by Displacement Grenade. Keep in mind that certain talents can still be exchanged and replaced by others. Level 7, in particular, should be a situational choice in every game depending on which Heroes the enemy team drafted. Physical Therapy, for instance, makes a lot of sense against Heroes like Jaina or Arthas, whereas Vanadium Plating should be your go-to choice if the enemy team features lots of Stuns coming from Heroes like Anub'arak, Muradin, or E.T.C.. At Level 13, System Shock can be replaced by Second Opinion to consistently displace enemies and keep Blast Shield's shields up.
Full Support BuildTalent calculator »
The Full Support Build focuses less on spamming Displacement Grenade all the time and more on keeping important allies alive. The Level 1 talent Life Support will make sure to always have a decent amount of Energy available to maintain healing on allies. Experienced players will have a huge impact on team fights by utilizing talents like Vanadium Plating, System Shock, and Extended Care to the fullest, without exposing themselves to enemy Warriors and melee Assassins.
4. Lt. Morales' Synergies and Counters
Lt. Morales is an ideal choice if your team features Basic Attack heavy Assassins and Specialists, such as Zul'jin or Sgt. Hammer, since it is usually quite easy for her to stay in their vicinity. Moreover, her Stim Drone Heroic Ability can greatly amplify those Heroes' combat performance by greatly increasing their Movement Speed and Attack Speed.
Lt. Morales' greatest counters are Heroes, mostly Warriors and melee Assassins, whose great hard engage causes serious problems for her. Consequently, Heroes with long range crowd control abilities like Alarak or E.T.C. but also stealthy Heroes, such as Zeratul are the ones she has to look out for the most.
5. Lt. Morales' Maps
Lt. Morales' Medivac Dropship makes her a great pick on large maps, such as Garden of Terror or Sky Temple, as it allows you to quickly fly from one objective to the next one. By the same token, Lt. Morales usually struggles on smaller maps like Tomb of the Spider Queen on which early game rotations can often cause her to be out of position.
6. Lt. Morales' Tips and Tricks
- Healing Beam still heals Lt. Morales even if the healed target is currently at full health.
- Do not be hesitant to use Healing Beam on Minions or Mercenaries when no allied Heroes are nearby in order to keep up the self-healing effect.
- When healing a frontliner, notably Warriors and Melee Assassins, try to synchronise your movement with theirs to avoid getting in front of them. This prevents you from exposing yourself to the enemy team.
- Medivac Dropship can be a great Heroic Ability if you play Team League as a premade team, however, it usually performs rather poorly if you play Hero League or Quick Match.
- Make sure to use Stim Drone on Assassins like Illidan, Raynor, or Valla, since Heroes who rely on their Basic Attacks benefit most of it.
- If the enemy team has several Warriors and melee Assassins who can threaten you, casting Medivac Dropship and navigating it to a nearby location while they are attacking you can save your life.
7. Lt. Morales' Role in the Current Meta
Lt. Morales fits into a large number of team compositions, however, she truly shines if paired with Basic Attack heavy Assassins like Valla or Zul'jin whose combat performance can be improved greatly thanks to Stim Drone. Furthermore, Healing Beam is a very potent single-target heal that works particularly well on aggressive frontliners like Arthas or Diablo.
The fact that most of Lt. Morales' abilities are quite easy to understand does not mean that she is an easy Hero to master. What makes Lt. Morales a surprisingly challenging Hero at times is the fact that she needs good positioning more than most other Heroes since she cannot use Healing Beam on herself. Fortunately, Lt. Morales has access to a variety of defensive talents like Trauma Trigger or Caduceus Reactor 2.0 which make her a lot more resilient against enemy focus fire.
- 13 Oct. 2018 (talents page): Updated Lt. Morales' Talent Builds in accordance with the recent Balance Update.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Changed First Responder from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 12 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Life Support from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 08 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated Lt. Morales' talents page in accordance with the Kel'thuzad patch.
- 08 Sep. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Lt. Morales' abilities page in accordance with the Kel'thuzad patch.
- 15 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Changed Cellular Reactor from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 09 Jan. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for recent balance patch and moved it to the new format.
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Jaina
- Heroes of the Storm Lúcio
- Heroes of the Storm Mal'Ganis
- New tactic idea
- Heroes of the Storm Brightwing
- Heroes of the Storm Zeratul
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie