Lt. Morales Build Guide “I protect every member of my squad!”
Welcome to our guide for Lt. Morales, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Lt. Morales's Overview
Lt. Morales is a powerful single-target Healer who can provide Armor to allied Heroes, but her lack of mobility and crowd control makes her an easy target to engage on, especially if you are not careful with her positioning.
Lt. Morales's Strengths and Weaknesses
Lt. Morales's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Healing Beam BuildRecommended
Lt. Morales's Healing Beam Build is designed to get as much value as possible from the Hero by increasing her Energy and decreasing the damage done by enemy Heroes in a way or another. Talents like Caduceus Feedback or alternatively Life Support at Level 1 contribute to this plan well because the additional Energy provided makes you able to cast Healing Beam for more time than usual and lets you pay the activation of Cellular Reactor at Level 4. To further increase her defensive capabilities, we choose the damage reduction provided by System Shock at Level 13.
Lt. Morales's Synergies and Counters
Considering that Healing Beam needs the targeted allied Hero to be in range for the whole time and not just the moment you cast it, Lt. Morales suffers against Heroes who have Displacement effects (such as Garrosh). Due to her limited self-healing and lack of crowd control, she does not like to play against dive compositions that count on aggressive Heroes who can directly engage on her by skipping her frontline (for example Zeratul and Anub'arak). What is often overlooked is the fact that she suffers poke damage because it can drain out her Energy in around 20 seconds, something that will make her almost useless for a while. As a consequence of how her Energy works, she does not want to take prolonged fights, especially when the enemy team can get value out of them (such as Auriel). Last but not the least, she definitely suffers area of effect damage (for example Lunara) because all of her Abilities can heal or mitigate damage on a single allied Hero at a time.
Lt. Morales's Maps
Lt. Morales's Tips and Tricks
- Healing Beam can heal Lt. Morales thanks to Caduceus Feedback without consuming Energy if the healed target is currently at full Health.
- When healing a Hero, especially if melee, try to synchronize your movement with theirs to avoid going out of position and get focused down by the enemy team.
- Do not use Safeguard in random moments but instead try to cast it when it will mitigate a good amount of damage.
- You can reactivate Displacement Grenade to make it detonate immediately rather than at its maximum range.
- While the best targets for Stim Drone are marksmen, you can occasionally use it on Heroes from different Roles when they need Movement Speed to chase or escape.
- A short range Medivac Dropship can protect yourself from danger without leaving your team without their Healer for too much time.
Lt. Morales' Role in the Current Meta
Lt. Morales is a solid but situational Healer that can easily keep her frontline healthy against focused damage, but make sure to have a good target for Stim Drone to get the most value out of her, usually a Marskman (such as Raynor).
Alternatively, if you are playing with an organized team, you can use Medivac Dropship for the infamous backdoor strategy involving a Hero who can deny the damage coming from enemy Structures (such as Tyrael with Sanctification) and a few Heroes who can take them down for the duration (for example Artanis with Amateur Opponent, Raynor, and Greymane), before the enemy team can react.
- 17 Jul. 2020 (this page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 17 Jul. 2020 (abilities page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 17 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Guide reviewed for the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020 (abilities page): Builds and Descriptions changed according to the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020 (this page): Builds and Descriptions changed according to the latest Balance Update.
- 05 Jun. 2020 (talents page): Builds and Descriptions changed according to the latest Balance Update.
- 28 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build fully revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 28 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction fully revised to match new standards.
- Overview rewritten to better describe the Hero.
- Strengths and Weaknesses modified to give a better idea about the Hero when being played right.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Synergies and Counters modified to mention notable Heroes that were missing and to remove misleading Heroes that were listed.
- Maps modified to focus on the main aspects of the Hero when evaluating a Map.
- Tips and Tricks modified to list important tips that were missing before and to delete more obvious ones.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to reflect the current metagame and to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 28 Apr. 2020 (abilities page): Ability and Strategy fully revised to match new standards.
- Tips and Tricks modified to add important tips that were missing and to remove obvious ones that were not worth mentioning.
- Ability Descriptions modified to better explain how to use Abilities effectively.
- 23 Mar. 2020 (talents page): Outdated and misleading information corrected.
- 23 Mar. 2020 (abilities page): Outdated information corrected.
- 13 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added an entry about the current Anomaly to the guide.
- 16 Oct. 2019 (talents page): Added the Medi-Drone talent at Level 7 and applied it to Lt. Morales' builds in accordance with the latest Balance Update.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (talents page): Updated Lt. Morales' talents in accordance with the latest state of the game.
- 17 Jun. 2019 (abilities page): Updated Lt. Morales' abilities section in accordance with the latest state of the game.
- 13 Oct. 2018 (talents page): Updated Lt. Morales' Talent Builds in accordance with the recent Balance Update.
- 22 Dec. 2017 (talents page): Changed First Responder from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 12 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Changed Life Support from Not Recommended to Recommended.
- 08 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated Lt. Morales' talents page in accordance with the Kel'thuzad patch.
- 08 Sep. 2017 (abilities page): Updated Lt. Morales' abilities page in accordance with the Kel'thuzad patch.
- 15 Jan. 2017 (talents page): Changed Cellular Reactor from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 09 Jan. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for recent balance patch and moved it to the new format.
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: January 19th
- The New Battle.net Is Almost Here, Going Live in NA
- Merry Christmas from the Icy Veins Team!
- Blizzard Sending Out New Surveys About "Classic" Version of The Burning Crusade
- How to Become a Better Stukov Player
- Activision Blizzard's Stock Reached All-Time Highs
- Cyberpunk 2077 Wiki from IcyWiki
- Heroes of the Storm Live Patch Notes: December 1st
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Cassia
- Heroes of the Storm Qhira
- Heroes of the Storm Hogger
- Heroes of the Storm Chromie
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List