Lt. Morales Build Guide “I protect every member of my squad!”
Table of Contents
- +Abilities and Strategy
- +Talent Build
Welcome to our Lt. Morales guide for Heroes of the Storm. Here you will learn everything you need to know in order to play Lt. Morales in a competitive environment, whether you play on your own or with a team.
About the Author
KendricSwissh is a Master League Warrior and Support player in Hero League. He has been playing Heroes of the Storm since the early stages of the Alpha version and has mastered a large number of Heroes. He is also creating Heroes of the Storm related content on YouTube, most notably his series called Epic Plays of the Week, which focuses on video clips submitted by his viewers. He is also a streamer on Twitch where he will gladly answer all of your questions about the game.
1. Quick Reference
Safe Build (talent calculator link)
The Safe Build provides you with both satisfying healing output and a decent amount of self-protection. We recommend this build if you are not sure how to skill Lt. Morales or if you are a newer (Support) player in general. Talents such as Trauma Trigger or Couples Therapy cause mispositioning or exposing yourself less unforgiving by adding additional survivability to Lt. Morales.
Single Target Protection Build (talent calculator link)
The Single Target Protection Build focuses entirely on keeping important allies alive and thus sacrifices self-sustain on Lt. Morales herself. Experienced players will have a huge impact on team fights by utilizing talents like Prolonged Safeguard, Cleanse, and Intensive Care to the fullest, without exposing themselves to enemy Warriors and melee Assassins.
Synergies and Counters
Lt. Morales is an ideal choice if your team features Basic Attack heavy Assassins and Specialists, such as Zul'jin or Sgt. Hammer, since it is usually quite easy for her to stay in their vicinity. Moreover, her Stim Drone Heroic Ability can greatly amplify those Heroes' combat performance by greatly increasing their Movement Speed and Attack Speed.
Lt. Morales' greatest counters are Heroes, mostly Warriors and melee Assassins, whose great hard engage causes serious problems for her. Consequently, Heroes with long range crowd control abilities like Alarak or E.T.C. but also stealthy Heroes, such as Zeratul are the ones she has to look out for the most.
Lt. Morales' Medivac Dropship makes her a great pick on large maps, such as Garden of Terror or Sky Temple, as it allows you to quickly fly from one objective to the next one. By the same token, Lt. Morales usually struggles on smaller maps like Tomb of the Spider Queen on which early game rotations can often cause her to be out of position.
- Healing Beam does not consume any Mana if channeled on a full health target.
- When healing a frontliner, notably Warriors and Melee Assassins, try to synchronise your movement with theirs to avoid getting in front of them. This prevents you from exposing yourself to the enemy team.
- Medivac Dropship can be a great Heroic Ability if you play Team League as a premade team, however, it usually performs rather poorly if you play Hero League or Quick Match.
- Make sure to use Stim Drone on ranged Assassins like Falstad, Raynor, or Valla, since Heroes who rely on their Basic Attacks benefit most of it.
- If the enemy team has several Warriors and melee Assassins who can threaten you, casting Medivac Dropship and navigating it to a nearby location while they are attacking you can save your life.
Lt. Morales is a ranged Support whose powerful single-target heals make her a very good addition to most Warriors and melee Assassins. However, her lack of mobility causes her to be an easy target to engage on, which is why it is of utmost importance to know how to position yourself when playing as Lt. Morales.
- Low learning curve
- Powerful single-target heals and damage reduction
- Stim Drone works great with Heroes who rely on Basic Attacks
- Strong late game
- No AoE heals
- Healing Beam is quite Mana consuming
- Lack of innate escape mechanisms
- Requires decent positioning and map awareness
5. Role in the Current Meta
Lt. Morales fits into a large number of team compositions, however, she truly shines if paired with Basic Attack heavy Assassins like Valla or Zul'jin whose combat performance can be improved greatly thanks to Stim Drone. Furthermore, Healing Beam is a very potent single-target heal that works particularly well on aggressive frontliners like Arthas or Diablo.
The fact that most of Lt. Morales' abilities are quite easy to understand does not mean that she is an easy Hero to master. What makes Lt. Morales a surprisingly challenging Hero at times is the fact that she needs good positioning more than most other Heroes since she cannot use Healing Beam on herself. Fortunately, Lt. Morales has access to a variety of defensive talents like Trauma Trigger, Couples Therapy, or Caduceus Reactor 2.0 which make her a lot more resilient against enemy focus fire.
6. Reading Further
To take things further, we have 2 more pages that you can read:
- Abilities and Strategy: an overview of your hero's abilities and how to use them;
- Talent Build: a detailed rundown of your talents and how to choose them.
7. ChangeLog+ show all entries - show only 10 entries
- 09 Jan. 2017 (this page): Updated guide for recent balance patch and moved it to the new format.
- +Abilities and Strategy
- +Talent Build
- New Nova Talent Idea
- Possible Hero Framework for LEEROY JENKINS
- Heroes of the Storm Zarya
- Looking for a Cho'gall partner
- Icy Veins BattleTag exchange
- Random thoughts: Hero ability Keys
- Looking to create a team [NA]
- 2 Man Team sucht Leute für 5er ranked Team