Brightwing Build Guide “You don't want to be my enemy!”
Welcome to our guide for Brightwing, a Ranged Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Brightwing's Overview
Brightwing is a ranged support Hero with strong global presence. She is capable of continually healing nearby allies without using Mana and protect them against enemy crowd control effects, due to her Soothing Mist trait. Her ability to teleport to an allied Hero across the entire map makes Brightwing a very mobile Hero that fits into a large variety of team compositions.
2. Brightwing's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Cannot use a mount
- Requires a lot of map awareness
- Lacks burst heal
- Fairly high skill cap compared to other support Heroes
- Vulnerable to crowd control
3. Brightwing's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Teleport BuildTalent calculator »
The Teleport Build focuses on providing great global mobility, which becomes particularly useful on larger maps like Cursed Hollow, Garden of Terror, or Infernal Shrines. Since Brightwing's talent tree is quite competitive, it is very important to adjust accordingly. At Level 13, for instance, Safety Dust could be replaced by Pixie Power depending on what type of damage the enemy team has.
Blink Heal BuildTalent calculator »
The Blink Heal Build emphasizes Brightwing's strong healing and mobility after hitting Level 10, which makes it a strong choice against team compositions that focus on hard engage to threaten your backline. Phase Out can be a helpful defensive talent to pick up at Level 16, since casting Blink Heal may sometimes cause her to get close to the enemy team.
4. Brightwing's Synergies and Counters
Brightwing gets countered by crowd control heavy Warriors, such as Anub'arak or Varian who can capitalize on the fact that she has virtually no escape mechanisms other than Blink Heal. Furthermore, explosive burst Assassins like Greymane can cause a lot of problems for her, since most of her support derives from small ticks of healing over time.
5. Brightwing's Maps
Brightwing does particularly well on larger Maps like Towers of Doom or Warhead Junction, on which she can use her global mobility to great effect. On rotation-heavy maps like Tomb of the Spider Queen, Brightwing's inability to use a mount can often slow her down, making her a liability against aggressive pushing compositions.
6. Brightwing's Tips and Tricks
- Phase Shift allows Brightwing to split-soak experience very efficiently while also allowing her to join team fights in time.
- Blink Heal can be used to juke enemy Heroes and abilities.
- Arcane Flare's casting range is larger than the shooting range of enemy Towers, Forts, and Keeps.
- Pixie Dust becomes a crucial ability against Assassins like Jaina or Kael'thas to reduce their spell damage potential.
7. Brightwing's Role In The Current Meta
Brightwing is the only support Hero that is capable of joining a team fight from any location on the map, thanks to her Phase Shift ability. This allows Brightwing to separate herself from the rest of her team and soak more experience in lane than any other Supporter. What also makes Brightwing stand out from other Support Heroes are her unique healing mechanics. Brightwing does not actively heal her allies with abilities. Instead, Soothing Mist heals nearby teammates for a small amount every five seconds. In terms of crowd control, Polymorph poses a serious threat to enemy Heroes, especially initiators and Assassins that rely on their mobility, such as Zeratul, Illidan, or Tracer. Combined with the Critterize talent at Level 16, Polymorph allows your team to focus fire a single target very efficiently.
Because of her strong talent tree, Brightwing's power level increases the longer the game lasts. This makes her a particularly valuable pick on larger maps like Cursed Hollow, Sky Temple, or Dragon Shire. The correct usage of your mobility and crowd control spells enables you to heavily influence the outcome of a game, which makes Brightwing a force to be reckoned with.
- 28 Sep. 2018 (talents page): Updated Brighting's guide in accordance with her latest rework.
- 28 Sep. 2018 (this page): Updated Brighting's guide in accordance with her latest rework.
- 29 Jan. 2018 (talents page): Fixed a small wording issue in the Manic Pixie description.
- 13 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Completely revamped the predefined talent builds.
- 21 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated Brightwing's talents in accordance with the latest balance update.
- 03 Sep. 2017 (talents page): Updated Shield Dust's description.
- 07 Aug. 2017 (this page): Guide moved to new format.
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: February 22rd
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 36
- Heroic Deals: February 19th
- Free-to-Play Heroes Rotation: February 19th
- Weekly Brawl - Trial Grounds: February 15th
- Heroic Deals: February 12th
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: February 12th
- Heroes of the Storm Abathur
- Heroes of the Storm Cho
- Heroes of the Storm Azmodan
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AZMODAN!
- Heroes of the Storm Ana
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Heroes of the Storm Auriel
- A to Z (troll) series: Heroes of the Storm - A like AURIEL!