Auriel Build Guide “Diablo is vanquished, and all evil with him.”
Welcome to our guide for Auriel, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Auriel is a ranged Support who turns her team's damage into AoE burst healing. Although she relies directly upon her team's combat effectiveness to perform well, she greatly amplifies a winning team's momentum. When paired with another support who can provide her with increased mobility and supplemental healing, she can be exceptionally powerful.
Auriel's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Low mobility
- Susceptible to dive
- Cannot heal without storing Energy via combat
- Very weak by when isolated
Auriel's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Sacred Sweep BuildTalent calculator »
This build focuses on increasing the safety and reliability of Sacred Sweep. As a result, it increases Auriel's damage and healing in team fights. This build is a solid platform for learning Auriel; other Talents can be worked in as you become more comfortable with her kit.
Swift Sweep increases the reliability of Sacred Sweep by reducing the amount of time it takes to channel. Majestic Span improves Sacred Sweep further by increasing the area affected. Together, these Talents make the ability much easier to use and harder for enemies to punish. Glimmer of Hope reserves most of your Energy when you gather a Regeneration Globe before casting Ray of Heaven. This functionality enables rapid stacking of Reservoir of Hope during the late game. However, Energized Cord can be a good replacement for Glimmer of Hope if you are struggling to generate energy via Bestow Hope.
Auriel's Synergies and Counters
Auriel can bring amazing healing into a match when paired with Heroes who can consistantly apply damage to the enemy team. A powerful strategy for ensuring Auriel will be able to heal reliably is to draft Cho'gall, due to the fact that Bestow Hope will gather energy from both of them.
Auriel does well on maps where waveclear is important, because she can use Sacred Sweep to efficiently clear enemy Minions. She thrives on maps with tightly packed obstacles, where she can get the most value out of Detainment Strike. Some maps promote teams to group as early as Level 1, which gives Auriel multiple options for Bestow Hope right from the start.
Auriel's Tips and Tricks
- Sacred Sweep gives you good waveclear, and decent damage in team fights. Use it to build up Energy whenever it is available.
- Try to get the most value out of your Energy by casting Ray of Heaven on multiple allies.
- Detainment Strike can be a great tool to setup kills in tight corridors; however, do not hesitate to use it just to peel pursuing enemies.
- Be aware of your allies and move Bestow Hope to an ally who is positioning to deal damage.
- Like other Stasis effects, Crystal Aegis can be used to save allies from targeted Abilities.
Auriel's Role In The Current Meta
Auriel is best played with a high damage Assassin, who can supply her with the energy she requires for healing. Because she cannot heal at all under certain circumstances, it is important to make sure she has allies who can fill her energy meter reliably. Due to her lack of mobility, she does well with Heroes who can help her to reposition when needed. She can be very strong against enemy team compositions reliant on Basic Attacks, as Blinding Flash can be used to prevent a lot of their damage. Although Auriel is not perfect for every team composition, she can be truly remarkable with the right Heroes by her side.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide reviewed following balance patch - Updates to recommended Builds and Synergies and Counters.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (abilities page): Guide reviewed following balance patch.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Guide reviewed following balance patch - Updates to recommended Builds and Talent discussions.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Talent discussion updated to reflect balance patch.
- 26 Aug. 2017 (talents page): Bursting Light removed.
- 14 Aug. 2017 (talents page): Adjusted Level 7 Talent suggestions to current meta.
- 16 May 2017 (abilities page): Updated Detainment Strike's discussion to make it clear that it can proc on terrain generated by Heroes.
- 29 Apr. 2017 (this page): Meta updates following Heroes 2.0 Launch event
- 29 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Updates to Talent suggestions and strategies following Heroes 2.0 Launch event
- 11 Nov. 2016 (this page): Moved guide to new format
- Introducing Mastery Rings
- Heroic Deals: October 15th
- Heroes of the Storm Balance Update Patch Notes: October 15th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 15th
- Weekly Brawl - Industrial District: October 11th
- Heroic Deals: October 8th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: October 8th
- Weekly Brawl - Lost Cavern: October 4th
- Heroes of the Storm Kel'Thuzad
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Auriel's Best Hope Bearers
- Heroes of the Storm Varian
- Heroes of the Storm Rehgar
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Ana's Best Nano-Busters