Auriel Build Guide “Diablo is vanquished, and all evil with him.”
Welcome to our guide for Auriel, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Auriel's Overview
Auriel is a ranged Support who turns her team's damage into AoE burst healing. Although she relies directly upon her team's combat effectiveness to perform well, she greatly amplifies a winning team's momentum. When paired with another support who can provide her with increased mobility and supplemental healing, she can be exceptionally powerful.
2. Auriel's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Low mobility
- Susceptible to dive
- Cannot heal without storing Energy via combat
- Very weak by when isolated
3. Auriel's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Sacred Sweep Damage BuildTalent calculator »
Sacred Sweep Blind BuildTalent calculator »
While also built around Sacred Sweep, this build sacrifices damage to allow Auriel to reliably apply Blind to enemy Heroes. It can cripple team compositions that rely on Basic Attacks for most of their damage.
Detainment Strike BuildTalent calculator »
The increased push range provided by Repeated Offense makes it easier to cause collisions with Detainment Strike. Piercing Lash makes it possible to push more than one Hero at a time. Healing allies in your frontline will cause damage to any enemies near them, thanks to Searing Light. Reservoir of Hope works well with Searing Light, because it can greatly increase the healing and damage of Ray of Heaven.
4. Auriel's Synergies and Counters
Auriel can bring amazing amounts of healing into a match; however, she can be prevented from healing at all sometimes. For this reason, Auriel does very well with a secondary support on her team. Another powerful strategy for ensuring Auriel will be able to heal reliably is to draft Cho'gall, due to the fact that Bestow Hope will gather energy from both of them.
5. Auriel's Maps
Auriel does well on maps where waveclear is important, because she can use Sacred Sweep to efficiently clear enemy Minions. She thrives on maps with tightly packed obstacles, where she can get the most value out of Detainment Strike. Some maps promote teams to group as early as Level 1, which gives Auriel multiple options for Bestow Hope right from the start.
6. Auriel's Tips and Tricks
- Sacred Sweep gives you good waveclear, and decent damage in team fights. Use it to build up Energy whenever it is available.
- Try to get the most value out of your Energy by casting Ray of Heaven on multiple allies.
- Detainment Strike can be a great tool to setup kills in tight corridors; however, do not hesitate to use it just to peel pursuing enemies.
- Be aware of your allies and move Bestow Hope to an ally who is positioning to deal damage.
- Like other Stasis effects, Crystal Aegis can be used to save allies from targeted Abilities.
7. Auriel's Role In The Current Meta
Auriel is best played with a high damage Assassin, who can supply her with the energy she requires for healing. Because she cannot heal at all under certain circumstances, it is important to make sure she has allies who can fill her energy meter reliably. Due to her lack of mobility, she does well with Heroes who can help her to reposition when needed. She can be very strong against enemy team compositions reliant on Basic Attacks, as Blinding Flash can be used to prevent a lot of their damage. Although Auriel is not perfect for every team composition, she can be truly remarkable with the right Heroes by her side.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Talent discussion updated to reflect balance patch.
- 26 Aug. 2017 (talents page): Bursting Light removed.
- 14 Aug. 2017 (talents page): Adjusted Level 7 Talent suggestions to current meta.
- 16 May 2017 (abilities page): Updated Detainment Strike's discussion to make it clear that it can proc on terrain generated by Heroes.
- 29 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Updates to Talent suggestions and strategies following Heroes 2.0 Launch event
- 29 Apr. 2017 (this page): Meta updates following Heroes 2.0 Launch event
- 11 Nov. 2016 (this page): Moved guide to new format
- Heroes of the Storm Sonya
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Anduin
- Heroes of the Storm Junkrat
- Heroes of the Storm Tyrande
- Heroes of the Storm Leoric
- Heroes of the Storm Arthas
- Heroes of the Storm Lunara