Auriel Build Guide “Diablo is vanquished, and all evil with him.”
Welcome to our guide for Auriel, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Auriel is a ranged Support who turns her team's damage into AoE burst healing. Although she relies directly upon her team's combat effectiveness to perform well, she greatly amplifies a winning team's momentum. When paired with another support who can provide her with increased mobility and supplemental healing, she can be exceptionally powerful.
Auriel's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Low mobility
- Susceptible to dive
- Cannot heal without storing Energy via combat
- Very weak by when isolated
Auriel's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Ray of Heaven BuildRecommended
Auriel's Synergies and Counters
Auriel can bring amazing healing into a match when paired with Heroes who can consistantly apply damage to the enemy team. A powerful strategy for ensuring Auriel will be able to heal reliably is to draft Cho'gall, due to the fact that Bestow Hope will gather energy from both of them.
Auriel does well on maps where waveclear is important, because she can use Sacred Sweep to efficiently clear enemy Minions. She thrives on maps with tightly packed obstacles, where she can get the most value out of Detainment Strike. Some maps promote teams to group as early as Level 1, which gives Auriel multiple options for Bestow Hope right from the start.
Auriel's Tips and Tricks
- Sacred Sweep gives you good waveclear, and decent damage in team fights. Use it to build up Energy whenever it is available.
- Try to get the most value out of your Energy by casting Ray of Heaven on multiple allies.
- Detainment Strike can be a great tool to setup kills in tight corridors; however, do not hesitate to use it just to peel pursuing enemies.
- Be aware of your allies and move Bestow Hope to an ally who is positioning to deal damage.
- Like other Stasis effects, Crystal Aegis can be used to save allies from targeted Abilities.
Auriel's Role In The Current Meta
Auriel is best played with a high damage Assassin, who can supply her with the energy she requires for healing. Because she cannot heal at all under certain circumstances, it is important to make sure she has allies who can fill her energy meter reliably. Due to her lack of mobility, she does well with Heroes who can help her to reposition when needed. She can be very strong against enemy team compositions reliant on Basic Attacks, as Blinding Flash can be used to prevent a lot of their damage. Although Auriel is not perfect for every team composition, she can be truly remarkable with the right Heroes by her side.
- 10 Apr. 2020 (this page): Introduction partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build Cheatsheet updated to reflect the current metagame.
- Role in the Current Meta modified to remove the unnecessary part about the now fixed Experience Globes.
- 10 Apr. 2020 (talents page): Talent Build partially revised to match new standards.
- Talent Build and Talent Build Cheatsheet modified to reflect the current metagame.
- Talent Descriptions modified to better describe when to pick them.
- 15 Dec. 2019 (this page): Updated Role in the Current Meta to include information on current Nexus Anomaly.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Guide reviewed following balance patch - Updates to recommended Builds and Talent discussions.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (abilities page): Guide reviewed following balance patch.
- 29 Aug. 2019 (this page): Guide reviewed following balance patch - Updates to recommended Builds and Synergies and Counters.
- 10 May 2018 (talents page): Talent discussion updated to reflect balance patch.
- 26 Aug. 2017 (talents page): Bursting Light removed.
- 14 Aug. 2017 (talents page): Adjusted Level 7 Talent suggestions to current meta.
- 16 May 2017 (abilities page): Updated Detainment Strike's discussion to make it clear that it can proc on terrain generated by Heroes.
- 29 Apr. 2017 (talents page): Updates to Talent suggestions and strategies following Heroes 2.0 Launch event
- 29 Apr. 2017 (this page): Meta updates following Heroes 2.0 Launch event
- 11 Nov. 2016 (this page): Moved guide to new format
- New Very Funny Diablo 2 Carbot Animations Series: Diablols 2
- Diablo 2 Retrospective
- Diablo 2 20-year Anniversary Celebration with New Wings, a Diablo Bust, Videos and More!
- Diablo 2 Remaster Won't Be Announced in June
- Nexomania II Event Preview (June 23rd - September 7th)
- Bringing Mei Into the Nexus
- Heroes of the Storm Mei Patch Notes: June 23rd
- Diablo 2 Creators on the Rumored Remaster: No Censoring, It's a Tough Job
- How do I get out of Bronze/Silver?
- Heroes of the Storm Mei
- Heroes of the Storm Alarak
- Heroes of the Storm Tassadar
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Totally accurate rank list of heroes of the storm
- Did you stop playing after the e-sports cancellation?
- Heroes of the Storm Muradin