Stukov Build Guide “Our victory is assured!”
Welcome to our guide for Stukov, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Stukov is a high utility solo Healer, who provides excellent zone control. His exceptional healing is reliant on well timed use of Bio-Kill Switch. While his Abilities are very powerful, their use needs to be carefully planned to achieve maximum effect. Stukov has limited mobility, and should not roam by himself. He is designed to assist his allies, and will not perform well without them nearby.
Stukov's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Difficult to master
- Slow attack speed can lead to poor single-target dps
- Bio-Kill Switch has a long cooldown; misuse is unforgiving
- Lack of mobility
Stukov's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Standard Bio-kill BuildRecommended
The Standard Bio-kill build focuses on enhancing Stukovs trait. Reactive Ballistospores and Spine Launcher are both situational and the correct talent depends on the enemy team composition. If they have dive heroes, Reactive Ballistospores is the correct talent, if not Spine Launcher would be recommended. Targeted Excision will allow Stukov to use his trait more often, resulting in both more healing and damage/CC through Weighted Pustule. The level 20 talents are situational and most of the times you can pick the upgrade to your level 10 heroic ability.
Stukov's Synergies and Counters
Stukov is great on maps that feature many choke points, and on maps with two lanes. Lurking Arm provides a lot of zone control in tight areas, while Healing Pathogen excells at healing large groups of allies. Stukov does not perform poorly on many maps.
Stukov's Tips and Tricks
- Use Bio-Kill Switch primarily to heal allies affected by Healing Pathogen.
- Cast Healing Pathogen onto Heroes who will spread it to as many allies as possible.
- Weighted Pustule is useful for harassment and light disengage. It can also secure kills on fleeing enemies.
- Channel Lurking Arm onto choke points, or use it to cancel channeled enemy Heroics.
- Massive Shove can be used to push enemies far away from team fights, or simply to Stun them against nearby terrain.
- Use Flailing Swipe to peel and disengage if a fight is not looking favourable for your team.
Stukov's Role in the Current Meta
Stukov is great on teams that want to zone enemies away from essential allies and objectives. He performs very well with teams that strive to protect their backline damage dealers, because such team compositions usually stay grouped within Healing Pathogen spread range.
Stukov has the ability to apply slows almost constantly, can channel an area of effect Silence indefinitely, and can single handedly remove an enemy Hero from a team fight. Despite being heavily armed with monsterous amounts of utility, he is still a viable solo healer for most team compositions.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (this page): Guide has been reviewed and no changes are needed.
- 20 Jan. 2021 (talents page): Guide has been reviewed and no changes are needed.
- 18 Dec. 2020 (this page): Changed a few talents.
- 18 Dec. 2020 (this page): Changed a few talents.
- 18 Dec. 2020 (this page): Updated builds.
- 18 Dec. 2020 (talents page): Updated talent choices.
- 19 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Updated talent choices to showcase the new builds.
- 19 Jul. 2020 (this page): Added new builds and talents.
- 02 Jul. 2020 (talents page): Guide has been reviewed and no changes are needed.
- 02 Jul. 2020 (this page): Guide has been reviewed and no changes are needed.
- 05 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note regarding this seasons Anomaly.
- 04 Sep. 2019 (this page): Guide has been reviewed for latest patch and no changes are needed.
- 05 Aug. 2019 (this page): Updated talents
- 05 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Updated talents.
- 18 Apr. 2019 (this page): Talents and discussion and builds updated to account for balance patch.
- 17 Apr. 2019 (talents page): Talents and discussion and builds updated to account for balance patch.
- 08 Aug. 2018 (talents page): Talent discussion and recommended Talents have been updated for Stukov's rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- 08 Aug. 2018 (this page): Guide updated for Stukov's rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- Recommended Builds and Talents updated.
- 12 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Balance patch update.
- Eye Infection Removed.
- Updated text for Fetid Touch, Poppin' Pustules, and Superstrain.
- 09 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Updated Eye Infection text and moved from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 09 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 10-11
- Blizzard Begins Monthly Collectible Series for 30th Anniversary with Lich King Statue & Concept Art Print
- Masters Clash Championship Recap: April 3-4
- The "Grandfather" of Classic Omar Gonzalez Left Blizzard for Dreamhaven
- Tune in to Masters Clash Championship this Weekend: April 3-4
- 2021 Season 1 Extended by 1 Month
- Free-to-Play Heroes Rotation: March 30th
- New Login Screen from the PTR?
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Malfurion
- Heroes of the Storm Falstad
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm Valla
- Heroes of the Storm Tracer
- Heroes of the Storm Deckard
- Heroes of the Storm Probius