Stukov Build Guide “Our victory is assured!”
Welcome to our guide for Stukov, a Healer in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
Stukov is a high utility solo Healer, who provides excellent zone control. His exceptional healing is reliant on well timed use of Bio-Kill Switch. While his Abilities are very powerful, their use needs to be carefully planned to achieve maximum effect. Stukov has limited mobility, and should not roam by himself. He is designed to assist his allies, and will not perform well without them nearby.
Stukov's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Difficult to master
- Slow attack speed can lead to poor single-target dps
- Bio-Kill Switch has a long cooldown; misuse is unforgiving
- Lack of mobility
Stukov's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Standard BuildTalent calculator »
The Standard build focuses on boosting Stukov's healing and crowd control abilities. The idea with Stukov is catching off enemy heroes with your Weighted Pustule and Lurking Arm combo. At level 13, when Stukov gets Virulent Reaction, is where his power shines. Fetid Touch can greatly reduce the cooldown of Weighted Pustule and completely remove the Mana cost. The Long Pitch allows you to apply pustules from greater range, which opens up opportunities to apply them to many Heroes with each cast. Your level 4 talents will depend on the enemy team composition. Against a dive team, Biotic Armor or Vigorous Reuptake would be better options.
Stukov's Synergies and Counters
Stukov is great on maps that feature many choke points, and on maps with two lanes. Lurking Arm provides a lot of zone control in tight areas, while Healing Pathogen excells at healing large groups of allies. Stukov does not perform poorly on many maps.
Stukov's Tips and Tricks
- Use Bio-Kill Switch primarily to heal allies affected by Healing Pathogen.
- Cast Healing Pathogen onto Heroes who will spread it to as many allies as possible.
- Weighted Pustule is useful for harassment and light disengage. It can also secure kills on fleeing enemies.
- Channel Lurking Arm onto choke points, or use it to cancel channeled enemy Heroics.
- Massive Shove can be used to push enemies far away from team fights, or simply to Stun them against nearby terrain.
- Use Flailing Swipe to peel and disengage if a fight is not looking favourable for your team.
Stukov's Role in the Current Meta
Stukov is great on teams that want to zone enemies away from essential allies and objectives. He performs very well with teams that strive to protect their backline damage dealers, because such team compositions usually stay grouped within Healing Pathogen's spread range.
Stukov has the ability to apply slows almost constantly, can channel an area of effect Silence indefinitely, and can single handedly remove an enemy Hero from a team fight. Despite being heavily armed with monsterous amounts of utility, he is still a viable solo healer for most team compositions.
Stukov in the current Anomaly can easily deny an enemy team from soaking with his silence. After level 13, once you have picked up Virulent Reaction, Stukov is able to set up some easy kills once he sees the enemy team going in for the soak.
- 05 Dec. 2019 (this page): Added a note regarding this seasons Anomaly.
- 04 Sep. 2019 (this page): Guide has been reviewed for latest patch and no changes are needed.
- 05 Aug. 2019 (talents page): Updated talents.
- 05 Aug. 2019 (this page): Updated talents
- 18 Apr. 2019 (this page): Talents and discussion and builds updated to account for balance patch.
- 17 Apr. 2019 (talents page): Talents and discussion and builds updated to account for balance patch.
- 08 Aug. 2018 (this page): Guide updated for Stukov's rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- Recommended Builds and Talents updated.
- 08 Aug. 2018 (talents page): Talent discussion and recommended Talents have been updated for Stukov's rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- 12 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Balance patch update.
- Eye Infection Removed.
- Updated text for Fetid Touch, Poppin' Pustules, and Superstrain.
- 09 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Updated Eye Infection text and moved from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 09 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 14th
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 7th (Delayed)
- Deathwing Nerfs Coming in the Next Balance Patch
- Heroic Deals: January 7th
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Diablo 2 Fan Remaster / Upscale Project
- The Listening Game Podcast: Cloaken Interviews Lana Bachynski
- Heroes of the Storm Mephisto
- Heroes of the Storm Samuro
- Heroes of the Storm Greymane
- Trivia: Maxium Multi-kill Icon
- Heroes of the Storm Leoric
- Heroes of the Storm D.Va
- Remember when Legendary skins were...well, Legendary?