Stukov Build Guide “Our victory is assured!”
Welcome to our guide for Stukov, a Melee Support in Heroes of the Storm. Within these pages, you will find everything required to understand how best to play this hero, in both different map styles and team compositions.
1. Stukov's Overview
Stukov is a high utility solo Healer, who provides excellent zone control. His exceptional healing is reliant on well timed use of Bio-Kill Switch. While his Abilities are very powerful, their use needs to be carefully planned to achieve maximum effect. Stukov has limited mobility, and should not roam by himself. He is designed to assist his allies, and will not perform well without them nearby.
2. Stukov's Strengths and Weaknesses
- Difficult to master
- Slow attack speed can lead to poor single-target dps
- Bio-Kill Switch has a long cooldown; misuse is unforgiving
- Lack of mobility
3. Stukov's Talent Build Cheatsheet
Poppin' Pustules BuildTalent calculator »
The Poppin' Pustules Build allows you to deal tremendous amounts of damage to enemy Heroes who are close together. This makes it very effective against enemy teams who have many melee Heroes, or who group closely during team fights for other reasons. Your typical Ability chain should be to cast Healing Pathogen on an ally, and then try to land Weighted Pustule on as many enemies as possible. Once the pustules are applied, wait for enemies to stack together, detonating them when you see the highest damage potential. Casting Healing Pathogen first gives it time to spread to allies before Bio-Kill Switch is activated. The Long Pitch allows you to apply pustules from greater range, which opens up opportunities to apply them to many Heroes with each cast. One Good Spread... works in tandem with Pox Populi to provide great healing output. Reactive Ballistospores gives you a way to reset Bio-Kill Switch; further increasing your healing and damage output.
Lurking Arm BuildTalent calculator »
The Lurking Arm Build focuses on Talents that improve Lurking Arm. One Good Spread... works very well with Pox Populi to provide exceptional healing output. Alternatively, Biotic Armor and Universal Carrier can provide your team with Physical Armor if needed. Low Blow and It Hungers greatly increase Lurking Arm capabilities. Growing Infestation can be very strong with these, as long as you can reliably trigger It Hungers. If you do not think you will be able to reset Lurking Arm reliably in a certain match-up, take The Long Pitch instead of Growing Infestation.
4. Stukov's Synergies and Counters
5. Stukov's Maps
Stukov is great on maps that feature many choke points, and on maps with two lanes. Lurking Arm provides a lot of zone control in tight areas, while Healing Pathogen excells at healing large groups of allies. Stukov does not perform poorly on many maps.
6. Stukov's Tips and Tricks
- Use Bio-Kill Switch primarily to heal allies affected by Healing Pathogen.
- Cast Healing Pathogen onto Heroes who will spread it to as many allies as possible.
- Weighted Pustule is useful for harassment and light disengage. It can also secure kills on fleeing enemies.
- Channel Lurking Arm onto choke points, or use it to cancel channeled enemy Heroics.
- Massive Shove can be used to push enemies far away from team fights, or simply to Stun them against nearby terrain.
- Use Flailing Swipe to peel and disengage if a fight is not looking favourable for your team.
7. Stukov's Role in the Current Meta
Stukov is great on teams that want to zone enemies away from essential allies and objectives. He performs very well with teams that strive to protect their backline damage dealers, because such team compositions usually stay grouped within Healing Pathogen's spread range.
Stukov has the ability to apply slows almost constantly, can channel an area of effect Silence indefinitely, and can single handedly remove an enemy Hero from a team fight. Despite being heavily armed with monsterous amounts of utility, he is still a viable solo healer for most team compositions.
- 08 Aug. 2018 (talents page): Talent discussion and recommended Talents have been updated for Stukov's rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- 08 Aug. 2018 (this page): Guide updated for Stukov's rework in the Whitemane release patch.
- Recommended Builds and Talents updated.
- 12 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Balance patch update.
- Eye Infection Removed.
- Updated text for Fetid Touch, Poppin' Pustules, and Superstrain.
- 09 Oct. 2017 (talents page): Updated Eye Infection text and moved from Not Recommended to Situational.
- 09 Jul. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Heroes of the Storm Orphea
- Heroes of the Storm Greymane
- Laptop charger disconnecting when playing HOTS
- Heroes of the Storm Alexstrasza
- Heroes of the Storm Artanis
- New tactic idea
- Heroes of the Storm Glossary
- Heroes with Self-Healing