Warhead Junction Introduction
Welcome to our strategy guide for Warhead Junction, a Map in Heroes of the Storm. In these pages, you will find everything required to understand how it is designed and how to play it.
Warhead Junction's Overview
Warhead Junction is a 3-lane Map with vertical symmetry, meaning that the left zone is equal to the right zone and the top zone is different from the bottom zone.
Being a StarCraft-themed Map, the signature Objective of Warhead Junction is a Warhead that can be collected by Heroes and then used to damage enemy Structures.
On this Map you can also find a unique Boss Camp that is not present elsewhere, which is so powerful that it is the primary component of the recommended strategy for playing Warhead Junction.
Warhead Junction's Heroes Drafting
- Effects relying on impassable terrain
- Extremely long cooldowns
- Mount too slow
With Warhead Junction being quite big, despite the presence of the Sewage Tunnel connecting top lane and bottom lane together, we find that global Heroes (such as Brightwing) are helpful for managing lanes, contesting the Objective, or ganking isolated enemy Heroes.
Similarly to global Heroes, gankers are extremely good on Warhead Junction because the battlefield is so big that the enemy team will struggle to play grouped, so they will have an easy time to find isolated Heroes.
Being able to quickly clear Mercenary Camps (for example Raynor with Exterminator at Level 1) is important because you need them to constantly pressure the enemy team across all lanes and especially because you need to capture the Boss Camp at the top of the battlefield as fast as possible after getting a few kills.
Due to the constant action that characterizes Warhead Junction, we recommend picking a sustain Healer (such as Lucio). Combined with a smart use of the Healing Fountain, they will help you stay on the battlefield as much as possible without needing to Hearthstone too much. When your team does not have enough sustain healing coming from your Healer, prefer Heroes with good self-sustain instead (for example Blaze).
Point control tools are good to deter the enemy team to stop you from taking the Boss Camp or, alternatively, to steal the Boss Camp from the enemy team while they are trying to capture it. Some Time Stop effects (such as Ice Wall by Mei) which can make Heroes unable to contest the Capture Point and displacement effects which can knock enemy Heroes out of the Capture Point (for example Expulsion Zone by Zarya) are great for that.
Heroes who can help their team to take down enemy Structures (notably Sylvanas) and/or can deal a lot of damage to enemy Structures on their own are good on Warhead Junction because they can siege with the Slime Boss rewarded by the Boss Camp in the top lane or, alternatively, with the Hellbats from the Siege Camps in the bottom lane.
Considering that the Objective requires to be channeled for a while, we recommend picking Heroes who are specialized in poke to easily deny the enemy team to collect Warheads while your team gets value somewhere else.
Warhead Junction features a lot of wide areas, therefore you will not be able to fully unleash the power of Heroes that need to fight near impassable terrain (such as Diablo with Shadow Charge) or that can create it (for example Hogger with Loot Hoard).
Considering that Warhead Junction is characterized by constant action and that the Slime Boss can easily be a win condition towards the mid game, we recommend avoiding Heroes that have Abilities with extremely long cooldowns (such as Dragonqueen by Alexstrasza).
Warhead Junction's Tips and Tricks
- Use the first Healing Fountain (2-minute cooldown) before 1:00 minute because the first Objective on Warhead Junction activates at 3:00 minutes, so you will have it back in time. If possible, use Hearthstone to refill Health and Mana before the Objective phase, so that you will be able to use the Healing Fountain during it.
- At 1:00 minute and whenever it is available, start clearing the Bruiser Camp in the top lane and then push with it for about 30 seconds.
- At 2:00 minutes and about 30 seconds before every Objective phase, start clearing the Siege Camp in the bottom lane and time it with the next Objective phase or with the next Boss capture, so that it keeps an enemy Hero busy or gets value uncontested.
- Warheads do not deal bonus damage in the center, therefore they give maximum value when hitting as many Structures at possible at the same time. With the help of Minions and Heroes, a single Warhead will be usually enough to take down both external Towers. Ideally, by looking at the Minimap, use Warheads on enemy Forts when you see allied Minions approaching your own Fort in the same lane or on enemy Keeps when you see allied Minions spawning from your Core.
- While we recommend to use Warheads in the top lane, to make the Slime Boss more threatening, if the enemy top Fort has been already destroyed and going for their top Keep is too risky, consider using Warheads in other lanes. Taking down enemy Forts makes it easier for your team to fight in the corresponding lane because you have more space to chase and they also lose access to the corresponding Healing Fountain.
- After 5:00 minutes, you should look for opportunities to capture the Boss Camp after killing some enemy Heroes. The exact number of kills you need depends on how fast your team is at killing the Slime Boss and how hard will be for the remaining enemy Heroes to stop your team from doing so.
- Make sure to defend your Structures from the Slime Boss because it can easily reach your Keep. When needed, do not be reluctant to use Warheads defensively, to damage enemy Mercenaries and Bosses. This move will also force enemy Heroes to stop hitting your Structures for a few seconds and kill enemy Minions in the area.
- 07 Jan. 2022: Guide improved and reorganized.
- 07 Dec. 2021: Guide reviewed for the latest Major Patch.
- 14 Jun. 2021: Guide created.
- Heroes of the Storm Patch Notes: November 16th
- Battle.net Black Friday Sale: Up to 67% Off
- Mike Ybbara on Blizzard's Approach to Meeting Player Demands
- BlizzCon 2023 Stream and Announcements Summary
- BlizzCon 2023 Bingo Collection
- WoW Battle Pet and Hearthstone Card Back Promotion From Warcraft Rumble
- Warcraft Rumble Released a Day Early and Is Rolling Out Now!
- BlizzCon 2023 Broadcast Schedule
- Heroes of the Storm Master Tier List
- Heroes of the Storm General Tier List
- Howe accurate is hotslogs/heroesprofile hidden QM MMR?
- Heroes of the Storm Probius
- Heroes of the Storm ARAM Tier List