Warhead Junction Strategy
Welcome to our strategy guide for Warhead Junction, a Battleground in Heroes of the Storm. In these pages you will find everything required to understand how it is designed, from Map Objectives to Mercenary Camps, and how to play it, from drafting to team strategy.
Warhead Junction's Metagame Strategy
Being a 3-lane Battleground with a single and powerful Boss Camp, the metagame strategy for Warhead Junction is to have your 3-man in the top lane, the Solo Laner middle, and another Hero bottom. You should usually use Warheads in the top lane to clear the way for your next Slime Boss capture, unless you want to remove Healing Fountains from other lanes to gain a tactical advantage or to destroy enemy Forts so that enemy Heroes will not be able to retreat there anymore.
You should prefer having the Solo Laner in the middle lane because there are no Camps there, making it the least important lane for winning the game, but it is also fine to have the Solo Laner in the bottom lane. If your Solo Laner is middle, the bottom lane can be covered by any Hero who is capable of staying in lane for long on their own, usually with a good amount of self-sustain (such as Fenix or Thrall) and/or enough range to never take damage from enemy Heroes (for example Junkrat) while safely defending Structures from enemy Minions before they take damage. A single Hero will not be able to double soak middle and bottom lane because they are too far from each other.
Warhead Junction's Tips and Tricks
- Use the first Healing Fountain before or around 1:00 minute because the first Objective on Warhead Junction activates at 3:00 minutes, so you will have it back in time.
- Your team should try to capture the allied Bruiser Camp in the top lane around 1:00 minute, so that you will be able to do the same for the second Objective phase, and the allied Siege Camp in the bottom lane around 2:00 minutes, to keep enemy Heroes busy for a few seconds and/or to match enemy Mercenaries in lane.
- Warheads do not deal bonus damage in the center, therefore they give maximum value when hitting as many Structures at possible at the same time. With the help of Minions and Heroes, a single Warhead will be usually enough to take down both external Towers and the Healing Fountain nearby.
- While we recommend to use Warheads in the top lane, to make Slime Boss more threatening, do not hesitate to use a single Warhead per lane to destroy all external Healing Fountains in order to gain a tactical advantage while laning as well as for consecutive Objectives. Thanks to their damage scaling over time, Warheads will one-shot Healing Fountains near Forts after 4:00 minutes and Healing Fountains near Keeps after 11:00 minutes.
- After 5:00 minutes, you should look for opportunities to capture the Boss Camp after killing one or more enemy Heroes. The number of kills you need depends on how fast your team is at killing the Slime Boss and how hard will be for the remaining enemy Heroes to stop your team from doing so.
- Make sure to defend your Structures from the Slime Boss because it can easily reach your Keep. When needed, do not be reluctant to use Warheads defensively, to damage enemy Mercenaries and Bosses while also forcing enemy Heroes to stop hitting your Structures for a few seconds.
Warhead Junction's 3-1-1 Formation
While playing on Warhead Junction, you should heavily prefer a 3-1-1 setup because top lane is the most important lane, featuring a powerful Slime Boss that can easily help Heroes to secure the lead or even end the game once enough Structures have been removed from his path.
Hellbats in the bottom lane are quite good at enabling Heroes to siege, however, they are not as powerful as the Slime Boss in the top lane. You can use the Sewage Tunnel to quickly rotate from top to bottom lane and defend your Structures when needed and then return top to keep pressuring that lane.
Warhead Junction's Trivia
The right-side Healing Fountain near the top Keep is not placed correctly like all the others, therefore it is impossible to hit two Towers, Gate, Keep, and Healing Fountain all together with a single Warhead there.
To play around it, just use the Warhead so that it will hit every Structure nearby except the Healing Fountain or, if the bottom Tower is almost down already, use the Warhead in a way that will hit every Structure except that Tower.
- 14 Jun. 2021: Guide created.
- The SEC Launches Activision Blizzard Investigation
- Heroes of the Storm Map-Based Tier Lists
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of September 14th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of September 7th
- Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of August 31st
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Battle.net Game Deals: Shadowlands 30% Off
- (Updated) Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Expanded
- Heroes of the Storm Nazeebo
- Heroes of the Storm Spell Power and Damage Modifier
- Heroes of the Storm Debug Mode
- Heroes of the Storm Gazlowe
- Heroes of the Storm Lt. Morales
- Heroes of the Storm Uther
- Heroes of the Storm Warhead Junction
- Heroes of the Storm Hanamura Temple