Barbarian Support Build With Raekor
Welcome to our build guide for Support Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.
With a focus shifted away from perma-stun and damage buffs into Toughness boosting and crowd control, the support Barbarian rises to meet the requirements of the metagame. This crowd control and buff-oriented build is strictly multiplayer oriented, a zero DPS spec that plays part of a composition with other damage dealing party members.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Support Barbarian is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Furious Charge Merciless Assault Sprint Forced March 1 Ancient Spear Rage Flip 2 Threatening Shout Falter 3 Ignore Pain Mob Rule 4 War Cry Veteran's Warning|
2.2. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Support Barbarian is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Raekor's Burden
- Gloves: Raekor's Wraps
- Chest: Raekor's Heart (or Aquila Cuirass in Season 16)
- Belt: Pride of Cassius
- Pants: Raekor's Breeches
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Rondal's Locket
- Ring 1: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Ring 2: Oculus Ring
- Weapon: Little Rogue
- Offhand: The Slanderer
2.3. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Wreath of Lightning
- Legendary Gem 2: Gogok of Swiftness
- Legendary Gem 3: Gem of Efficacious Toxin
2.4. Kanai's Cube
3. Role in the Current Meta
The build is strictly meant for group Greater Rifting, as it entirely revolves on supporting DPS party members and deals no damage on its own. In meta terms, the Support Barbarian is a highly desirable build in any high Greater Rift progression party.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Updated the build to more closely match the current meta.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Updated the build to more closely match the current meta.
- 27 Jan. 2019 (this page): Updated the build to more closely match the current meta.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 31 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)