Season 23 Compendium for Diablo 3
Season 23, the Disciples of Sanctuary, brings with it a revamp of the follower system that will stay permanently for both seasonal and non-seasonal play; with the revamp, players will be able to equip even more items to their follower, as well as benefit from some of the legendary and set powers their follower has equipped.
This guide will tell you all you need to know to make the best out of this new season!
Season 23 Dates and Patch Notes
How to Make the Best of Season 23?
This section will explain to you how to make the best of Season 23 and how our content can help you with that.
Step 1: Read our Season Start, Season Journey, and Leveling Guides
Our Season Start and Season Journey guides provide great advice to optimize the start of your season and then your seasonal journey.
You also need to level up your character to Level 70, which you can speed up by using our advised build for your class:
- Barbarian Leveling Build
- Crusader Leveling Build
- Demon Hunter Leveling Build
- Monk Leveling Build
- Necromancer Leveling Build
- Witch Doctor Leveling Build
- Wizard Leveling Build
Step 2: Gearing Up at Level 70 and Preparing for Greater Rifts
Each season in Diablo 3, players are given a "free" set (Haedrig's Gift set) to earn through completing the first 4 chapters of the Season Journey. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you quickly complete these first 4 chapters to earn the free set for your class. For each set, we have a build that you can use to start progressing through the end game.
- Barbarian — Wrath of the Wastes Fresh 70 Build
- Crusader — Roland's Legacy Fresh 70 Build
- Demon Hunter — Unhallowed Essence Fresh 70 Build
- Monk — Raiment of a Thousand Storms Fresh 70 Build
- Necromancer — Bones of Rathma Fresh 70 Build
- Witch Doctor — Helltooth Harness Fresh 70 Build
- Wizard — Tal Rasha's Elements Fresh 70 Build
Step 3: Following the Meta
Using builds that perform well is essential to reaching your highest Greater Rifts. To help you in that quest, we have several guides.
The first guide is a Solo Rankings guide, which shows you the best builds for pushing Greater Rifts in Solo mode, putting special emphasis on the best build(s) for each class. While the rankings are mainly focused on a full tier list of all possible builds, Patch 2.7 introduced a new form of leaderboard: set leaderboards. This means that you can now push leaderboards in regards to your chosen set, such as all builds that use the Wrath of the Wastes set for Barbarian.
You can find the "top" builds for each set in the solo push rankings if you wish to push the leaderboards for a certain set.
The second guide is a Group Meta guide, which is more than a simple tier list in that it not only list the best group compositions, but also explain how to form groups for various kinds of content (Greater Rifts, Speed Farming, Experience Farming, etc.) and different group sizes.
The page focuses mostly on the 4-man meta, but we will be adding pages for the 2- and 3- player meta in the near future, which will then be linked here.
The third guide is a Speedfarming Rankings guide, which lists the best Solo Speedfarming builds for each class and then rank them relative to one another.
Speedfarming is an absolutely vital part of Diablo 3's gameplay; if you want to stay competitive, you will need a Speedfarming build to specifically clear bounties for materials and rifts for Greater Rift keys.
Follower System Rework
The seasonal theme for Season 23 ties in to the new follower system, in which players can now equip their follower with up to 14 different legendary items, including the Follower Relic Item, Helm, Shoulders, Chest, Gloves, Bracers, Belt, 2 Rings, Neck, Pants, Boots, main-hand weapon, and off-hand.
Season 23 also features the launch of the new feature Emanate, which allows players to gain the effects of certain legendaries and set bonuses that your follower has equipped.
The full list of items included in the Emanate feature are below:
- Broken Crown
- Homing Pads
- Spaulders of Zakara
- Custerian Wristguards
- Nemesis Bracers
- Gladiator Gauntlets
- Gloves of Worship
- Dovu Energy Trap
- Rakoff's Glass of Life
- Avarice Band
- Krede's Flame
- The Flavor of Time
- Sage's Journey (3-piece set bonus)
- Cain's Destiny (3-piece set bonus)
This is a permanent feature that will also apply to non-seasonal characters.
For more information, please refer to our Follower guide.
Season 23 Conquests
Each season, a certain set of conquests is available for players to complete. The conquests for Season 23 are as follows, along with links to our guides for each:
- Avarice/Avaritia — complete a 50 million gold streak outside the Vault or Inner Sanctum.
- Divinity/Lionhearted — complete a Greater Rift 75 solo.
- Speed Demon/Need for Speed — complete a Nephalem Rift at max level on Torment X or higher within 2 minutes.
- Boss Mode/Worlds Apart — kill the following bosses at max level on Torment X or higher within 20 minutes of the start of the game.
- Masters of the Universe/Masters of Sets — Master 8 of the following Set Dungeons.
Season 23 Rewards
As with recent seasons, Season 23 has some rewards that are being reintroduced from previous seasons; however, there is also a brand new frame and pet being brought in for players that complete their season journey. The image below shows the base rewards for each step of the journey.
The image below shows the journey completion rewards:
- 29 Mar. 2021: Revamped page to fit new layout.
- Diablo 3 Celebrates 10 Years Today
- Diablo Immortal: Realm of Damnation Official Zone Preview
- Arclight Rumble Will Not Have Loot Boxes or NFTs
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Minimum Specs, Possible 2022 Release, and No PC Port
- Warcraft Arclight Rumble Gameplay Videos
- Battle.net Balance Can Be Used for Purchases in Diablo Immortal
- Blizzard on Making Diablo Immortal for PC
- Diablo Immortal Launch Date and PC Open Beta