Helltooth Harness Set
Welcome to our Helltooth Harness guide, where we tell you all about this Witch Doctor set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of the Helltooth Harness Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of the Helltooth Harness set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Helltooth Mask — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Helltooth Mantle — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Skill Damage, Cooldown Reduction, Vitality
- Gloves: Helltooth Gauntlets — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Helltooth Tunic — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Skill Damage, 3 Sockets, Vitality
- Pants: Helltooth Leg Guards — Desirable stats: Intelligence, 2 Sockets, Vitality, Armor
- Boots: Helltooth Greaves — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
How to Farm Helltooth Harness Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Helltooth Harness pieces.
How to Use the Helltooth Harness Set
The Helltooth Harness is one of the more open-ended sets at the Witch Doctor's disposal; while it lists a set of skills it amplifies with its bonuses, that list is fairly long, and includes all primary skills, half of your Secondary skill category ( Grasp of the Dead, Firebats), most of the Decay category ( Zombie Charger, Acid Cloud, Wall of Death, Piranhas) and even Gargantuan.
- 2-piece bonus
- Enemies hit by your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, or Wall of Death are afflicted by Necrosis, becoming Slowed and taking 3000% weapon damage every second for 10 seconds.
- 4-piece bonus
- After applying Necrosis to an enemy, you take 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds.
- 6-piece bonus
- After casting Wall of Death, gain 9000% increased damage for 15 seconds to your primary skills, Acid Cloud, Firebats, Zombie Charger, Zombie Dogs, Gargantuan, Grasp of the Dead, Piranhas, and Wall of Death.
The 2-piece set bonus applies the Necrosis debuff on enemies hit by the aforementioned skills, afflicting them with a Slow and dealing damage over time. Aside from the utility of an easy proc for Bane of the Trapped, this is a nice early character progression damage bonus, with added safety on top.
The 4-piece set bonus continues the Necrosis debuff theme, bolstering you with unconditional damage reduction as long as you spread your damaging skills on a regular basis.
The 6-piece set bonus ties the set to the use of Wall of Death for its biggest damage bonus to the skills listed above. A common rune choice for builds that utilize Wall of Death simply for the buff is Communing with Spirits, due to the additional enemy slow and damage reduction it provides.
Builds Using the Helltooth Harness Set
- Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor Build
- Helltooth Acid Cloud Witch Doctor Build
- Helltooth Grasp Witch Doctor Build
- Helltooth Zombie Bears Witch Doctor Build
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Release Time and Cinematic Trailer
- Incredibly Impressive Diablo 2: Resurrected PC Case
- All Diablo 2: Resurrected Class Trailers
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Console Lobbies, TCP/IP and UltraWide Updates
- Launching Log Reviews for WoW PvE & Diablo 3 Character Reviews
- Battle.net Game Deals: Shadowlands 30% Off
- (Updated) Activision Blizzard Lawsuit Expanded
- Diablo 2: Resurrected Cinematic Comparisons