Spirit Barrage Mundunugu WD Trash Killer Variation
Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Trash Killer Variation
The Mundunugu's Regalia Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor outputs high AoE damage that makes it very suitable for the Trash Killer role in high tier Greater Rifts.
The Trash Killer role demands focus from the character entirely into area of effect damage, eschewing any consideration for single target or Rift Guardian damage. Your skill and gear choices will reflect that.
|Spirit Barrage Phantasm Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Summon Zombie Dogs Life Link 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Sacrifice Provoke the Pack 4 Soul Harvest Languish|
The main damage dynamic still comes from careful detonation of Spirit Barrage Phantasms, buffed up by Locust Swarm and, in this case, Sacrifice Provoke the Pack. Refer to the Skills page for details on the use of Spirit Barrage. You will achieve the optimal 5-stack Provoke the Pack buff by:
- Calling upon the Summon Zombie Dogs prior to positioning into a pull, taken care of by your support teammates.
- Prepare an Oculus Ring spawn with careful, light DPSing with a combo of Locust Swarm and a few Phantasms on stragglers outside the main pull; aim well outside the main group, as nuking the lower health monsters early on will cost you more damage in the long run.
- At the start of the Poison Convention of Elements cycle, reapply Locust Swarm as necessary and place a Phantasm in the pull.
- Buff up with a triple cast of Sacrifice, immediately reapply Summon Zombie Dogs, and double cast Sacrifice for a 5 stack of the Provoke the Pack buff.
- At the start of the Cold Convention of Elements, you should have an Oculus Ring spawn. Position inside it and root yourself in place to get the most damage out of the Endless Walk set buff, which accumulates in the Phantasms. Spirit Walk to the Oculus proc if necessary.
- At the end of the Cold CoE cycle, use a single Phantasm for a first detonation, wait on an additional pull from supports, and then finish off the full detonation with two more Phantasms.
- The rotation above should reset your Summon Zombie Dogs via Grave Injustice; recast them and either go for another Oculus Ring spawn (if the fight is ongoing), or move to the next pull with your group.
Last but not least, always make a point to keep up and maximize your Soul Harvest stacks.
Adapting Skills and Passives
Part of your skill selection will remain consistent with the solo GR spec; you will maintain Soul Harvest Languish for the toughness increase in conjunction with Sacred Harvester and Lakumba's Ornament, as well as Spirit Walk Jaunt for mobility and 4-piece set protection. Locust Swarm will still be necessary to proc the effects of the Ring of Emptiness damage buff, spread more easily via the Pestilence rune.
As far as Spirit Barrage is concerned, while Gazing Demise will provide the Phantasm rune for free and you are able to select an additional effect, in group GR progression you might want to avoid additional runes, due to lag considerations and stick with Phantasm on your bar as well. That being said, in lower tier group GR runs you can freely run an additional utility rune, like the extra DPS from Manitou, the life sustain of Phlebotomize or resource generation of The Spirit Is Willing.
In group GRs, you will not be responsible for clumping up enemies and healing yourself up, so Piranhas Piranhado and Big Bad Voodoo will be replaced by the combination of Summon Zombie Dogs Life Link (minor damage reduction benefits) and Sacrifice Provoke the Pack, which you will use to bolster your damage. This potent damage buff introduces an interesting twist to your rotation, forcing you to pop Summon Zombie Dogs prior to an engagement, wait on their cooldown (while supports set up a monster pull), pop it again to reach the 5-stack maximum of Provoke the Pack, and then do a triple Spirit Barrage Phantasm cast to snapshot the full additive damage buff. It is also quite important to always be cognizant of your positioning to be able to reset the Summon Zombie Dogs cooldown via Grave Injustice.
Most of your passive lineup will remain the same from the Solo GR progression setup — as you will Grave Injustice for the Cooldown Reduction, and Confidence Ritual for the extra damage. In group play, you should consider dropping the cheat death failsafe of Spirit Vessel for the massive damage increase of Gruesome Feast, as you will be fueled with Health Globes by your support teammates. Swampland Attunement could also replace Blood Ritual, as toughness will be harder to manage than resources in this setup.
Unlike the solo progression build, you will be wearing the full 6-piece Mundunugu set. This frees up your belt and jewelry slots entirely for damage multiplication items. You will be wearing the Endless Walk set, The Traveler's Pledge and The Compass Rose, as well as your better rolled ring between Ring of Emptiness and Convention of Elements (cubing the weaker one), for the biggest possible damage amplification. The glass cannon-y The Witching Hour will bring valuable Attack Speed and Crit Damage bonuses.
The remainder of your gear remains consistent with the solo progression spec. Your weapon is still your better roll between The Barber and Sacred Harvester, and you store the weaker rolled one's power in the Cube (with the option to equip Voo's Juicer and Cube The Barber at higher Paragons). Gazing Demise remains the mandatory offhand. Lakumba's Ornament is required for the massive damage reduction bonuses.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
Angelic Crucible Sanctification
Season 27 comes with the theme of Angelic Crucibles — consumable items that empower Legendary items with perfected Ancient-level stats, as well as infuse them with one of three unique, powerful, class-specific abilities at random. For this variation, we recommend aiming for the following power:
- Gargantuan Sanctification: You summon two Gargantuans and three Zombie Dogs periodically. Gargantuans gain the effect of the Restless Giant rune. Zombie Dogs gain the effect of all runes. Enemies hit by Sacrifice are Immolated, causing them to take 100% more damage from your Pets.
Use Angelic Crucibles on an item that crosses over most (if not all) variants of a build, and is also an item that is relatively harder to perfect than other slots (since sanctifying an item maximizes its stats). In the case of this build, good candidates for Sanctification are your equipped weapon (either The Barber or Voo's Juicer), or the Gazing Demise.
You can read more on Angelic Crucibles and the sanctification process in our dedicated Angelic Crucible Mechanics guide.
You will keep Bane of the Trapped from the soloing setup as a universally desired damage amplification gem. You can add another separate damage multiplier to the build in the form of Zei's Stone of Vengeance; while it is range-dependent and encourages you to keep your distance from the enemy to strengthen its bonus, it will always grant its base bonus even at point blank range, so do not hesitate to position as necessary. If you are not confident in handling the build or are too low Paragon, consider swapping Zei for Esoteric Alteration.
In group play, Pain Enhancer will take the place of Bane of the Stricken as you will not be responsible for taking down the Rift Guardian. In turn, it will provide a significant damage increase due to the Attack Speed scaling from the level 25 bonus, which factors into the Phantasms damage calculation as a separate damage multiplier. Of course, due to the necessity of Pain Enhancer getting stacked in massive pulls, in lower tier GR speedruns you can alter this slot to Bane of the Powerful.
|Torso and Pants|
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
As previously noted, the weapon slot is interchangeable between The Barber and Sacred Harvester; you will wear your better roll, and cube the other. We generally recommend having The Barber here due to its variable legendary power. If you choose to run Voo's Juicer, equip it in your hand (the skill bonus roll cannot be extracted), and run The Barber in the Cube.
As previously mentioned, you will store the power of either Convention of Elements or Ring of Emptiness in the jewelry slot of the Cube, depending on your item rolls. Wear your better rolled ring and extract the other in the Cube.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
Your recommended potion is Bottomless Potion of the Tower, whose Armor-increasing properties complement the naturally high All Resistances stat of Witch Doctors (due to Intelligence scaling Resistances) for optimal survivability.
- 26 Aug. 2022: Added Season 27 Angelic Crucible recommendations.
- 14 Apr. 2022: Guide reviewed for Season 26.
- 06 Dec. 2021: Enriched the guide and added Season 25 Soul Shard recommendations.
- 22 Jul. 2021: Added S24 Ethereal recommendation.
- 01 Apr. 2021: No changes required for Season 23.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Revised skill, item and Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020: Guide revised to reflect the changes in pet damage calculation.
- 10 Mar. 2020: Guide added.
- The Forgotten Nightmares Diablo Immortal Update
- Diablo 4 Closed End Game Beta Draws Near
- Activision Blizzard Games Coming to Game Pass After Microsoft Acquisition
- Diablo Immortal Content Update: Season 4 Battle Pass, New Raid Bosses and Events
- Best Guides for Diablo 3 Season 27
- Diablo 3 Patch 2.7.4 Now Live
- Will Diablo 4 Pre-Orders & Release Date Be Announced at The Game Awards on December 8th?
- Diablo 4 Quarterly Update: August 2022