Vyr's Amazing Arcana Set
Welcome to our Vyr's Amazing Arcana guide, where we tell you all about this Wizard set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Vyr's Amazing Arcana Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of Vyr's Amazing Arcana set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Vyr's Sightless Skull — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Vyr's Proud Pauldrons — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Cooldown Reduction, Vitality, Life %
- Gloves: Vyr's Grasping Gauntlets — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Cooldown Reduction
- Chest: Vyr's Astonishing Aura — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Vitality, 3 Sockets, Elite Damage Reduction
- Pants: Vyr's Fantastic Finery — Desirable stats: Intelligence, 2 Sockets, Vitality, Armor
- Boots: Vyr's Swaggering Stance — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
How to Farm Vyr's Amazing Arcana Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Vyr's Amazing Arcana Finery pieces.
How to Use the Vyr's Amazing Arcana Set
Vyr's Amazing Arcana focuses exclusively on an Archon playstyle, locking much of your skill selection into utility skills with one purpose only — keep you alive and reset your Archon cooldown as fast as possible, in order to get you back into super-powered form. Vyr's builds are some of the most rigid itemization-wise, requiring the full 6-piece set, the 2-piece Chantodo's Resolve set ( Chantodo's Will and Chantodo's Force), and a slew of Archon-synergistic items like The Swami, Fazula's Improbable Chain and Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.
- 2-piece bonus
- Archon gains the effect of every rune.
- 4-piece bonus
- Archon stacks also increase your Attack Speed, Armor, and Resistances by 1%.
- 6-piece bonus
- You gain 1 Archon stack when you hit with an Archon ability and Archon stacks also reduce damage taken by 0.15% and have their damage bonus increased to 100%.
The 2-piece set bonus grants you the effect of all Archon runes, allowing you to pick your preferred element. One of the stronger and preferred options is the Cold rune Slow Time, due to its crowd control synergy with Bane of the Trapped, as well as elemental synergy with a strong buff like Black Hole Absolute Zero. Note that you still get the benefits from the remaining runes regardless of your selection.
The 4-piece set bonus increases your Attack Speed, Armor and Resistances by 1% for every Archon stack, emphasizing the 'snowballing' nature of the build.
The 6-piece set bonus is also a stacking damage dealt and damage reduced bonus for every Archon stack, but also adds another method of stacking, aside from monster kills — simply attacking. This stresses the importance of Attack Speed in Archon builds, reflected in certain skill and itemization choices.
Builds Using the Vyr's Amazing Arcana Set
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 4 GamesRadar Hands On - Death Kits, Difficulty and More
- Path of Diablo (2) Season 9 Brings a New Skill, Widescreen Support, Trade 2.0 and More
- Crusader Solo GR 150, 12 Mins with Great Commentary
- Season 20 PTR and Balance Blog Timing + All Diablo 3 Season Durations
- Diablo 4 Vs. 3 Vs. 2 Graphics and Art Style Comparisons
- Warcraft 3: Reforged and StarCraft 2 Join the ESL
- Quarterly Updates on Diablo IV in 2020
- Old Diablo 3 Forums Shutting Down Today
- Impale Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Fever Clan recruiting for Season
- (Seasonal)StoneClan is recruiting casual D3 players for seasonal play
- Rend Barbarian (Patch 2.6.4)
- LoN Corpse Lance Necromancer (Patch 2.6.5)
- LoN Singularity Necromancer (Patch 2.6.4)
- Demon Hunter The Thrill Conquest
- Efficient Regular Rifts Guide