Witch Doctor Helltooth Gargantuan Build
Welcome to our build guide for Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Embodying the iconic image of the Witch Doctor — surrounded by an undead army and draining the life away from his enemies — the Helltooth Gargantuan build brings this playstyle to its rightful place: endgame. This control-heavy, pet-centric build is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Wall of Death Communing with Spirits Piranhas Piranhado 1 Soul Harvest Languish 2 Spirit Walk Jaunt 3 Gargantuan Humongoid 4 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts|
|Wall of Death Communing with Spirits Piranhas Piranhado 1 Hex Angry Chicken 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Gargantuan Humongoid 4 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution. It also includes detailed explanations for Season 16 adjustments.
- Helm: Helltooth Mask
- Shoulders: Helltooth Mantle
- Gloves: Tasker and Theo
- Chest: Helltooth Tunic
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Helltooth Leg Guards
- Boots: Helltooth Greaves
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: The Short Man's Finger
- Weapon: Sacred Harvester
- Offhand: Henri's Perquisition
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Enforcer
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: The Furnace
- Armor Slot: Mask of Jeram
- Jewelry Slot: Ring of Royal Grandeur (or Convention of Elements in Season 16)
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This is a versatile build, able to handle all three major activities in the game (Greater Rifts, Normal Rifts and Bounties) with the adjustments outlined in this guide. It is not recommended for group Greater Rifts past the point where every party member can handle the content on his own.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Necromancer Leveling and Fresh 70
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?