Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor Speed Farming Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Speed Farming variant of Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
The Helltooth Gargantuan Witch Doctor deals with Normal Rift farming and Bounty runs excellently, making it a preferred build even outside Solo GR content. We have speed farming rankings if you want to know more about which builds are best for speed farming.
Within the limited scope of regular difficulties, the necessary damage and toughness to triumph over the enemy is significantly smaller. Thus, your best course of action is to improve utility and speed.
|Wall of Death Communing with Spirits Piranhas Piranhado 1 Hex Angry Chicken 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Gargantuan Big Stinker 4 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts|
In the skill selection, you will accomplish that by:
- Changing the Gargantuan rune to Big Stinker for the added AoE;
- Removing Soul Harvest, since its additional damage and protection will not be needed in farming runs; as a consequence, you will also take out the Sacred Harvester and Lakumba's Ornament from the gear. Instead, this skill slot will be occupied by Hex Angry Chicken, which you will complement with Manajuma's Carving Knife and Manajuma's Gory Fetch for a tremendous increase of movement speed between fights.
- In the passives, you will swap out the Spirit Vessel cheat death for the movespeed of Fierce Loyalty and the moderate DPS increase of Confidence Ritual for the even bigger damage boost of Gruesome Feast.
In the jewelry, the buildup mechanics of the Endless Walk set will be unfit for speedruns; you should use Avarice Band and The Flavor of Time instead. Avarice Band is an Act III cache legendary item that increases pickup radius as you collect gold, all the way to the generous 30 yards. When complemented with Boon of the Hoarder, it becomes a utility engine feeding into your speed, toughness (if wearing a Goldwrap) and damage (for Gruesome Feast). Optimally, you will pair this ring with The Flavor of Time, which doubles the duration of Pylon pickups and further smooths out farming runs.
When doing regular Rifts, you can swap The Witching Hour out for Goldwrap, which will render you practically invulnerable when paired with an Avarice Band and Boon of the Hoarder. Finally — when doing Bounties, you can also take advantage of the Krelm's Buff Belt for its gold-independent movespeed increase.
When farming, the protection of Lakumba's Ornament (and Soul Harvest as a whole) will not be necessary, and you can swap this slot out for the utility of Nemesis Bracers, speeding up the run with more elite spawns.
For normal rift farming, the mandatory weapon and offhand for the build change to the Manajuma's Way set: Manajuma's Carving Knife and Manajuma's Gory Fetch. They are essential to the speedrunning playstyle by extending Hex Angry Chicken to 15 seconds and doubling your movement speed while active.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In lower Greater Rifts, you can easily swap Bane of the Stricken out for the well-rounded damage and toughness increase of Bane of the Powerful. In Torment runs, this slot is best taken by Boon of the Hoarder, whose interaction with the worn Avarice Band (and potentially worn Goldwrap, depending on your preference) will keep you rich, safe and sped up throughout the run.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
You will keep the Kanai's Cube selection from progression, as it is too valuable to be dropped even during speed farming: Spite for the free cleave of the Humongoid rune, Tasker and Theo for the pet attack speed, and Ring of Royal Grandeur to maintain set bonuses.
During Season 22, you are able to add Krelm's Buff Belt for additional movement speed, without any cost of utility items for your build.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 01 Jul. 2020: No changes required for Season 21.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Flavor of Time is now the recommended amulet.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3