Witch Doctor Legacy of Nightmares Spirit Barrage Build
Welcome to our build guide for LoN Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.4 and Season 16.General Information
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Emerging from a convergence of obscure mechanics and interactions, the Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor offers a unique, spellcasting-heavy, bursty playstyle. The build is available in a Greater Rift solo progression, a Greater Rift group progression and Speed Farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Spirit Barrage LoN Witch Doctor is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects 1 Piranhas Piranhado 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize 4 Soul Harvest Languish|
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Grasp of the Dead Death Is Life 2 Sacrifice Provoke the Pack 3 Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize 4 Soul Harvest Languish|
|Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize Horrify Stalker 1 Piranhas Piranhado 2 Spirit Walk Severance 3 Summon Zombie Dogs Leeching Beasts 4 Soul Harvest Soul to Waste|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Spirit Barrage LoN Witch Doctor is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Mask of Jeram
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Gloves: Frostburn
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: The Witching Hour
- Pants: Swamp Land Waders
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Lakumba's Ornament
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Intelligence
- Ring 1: The Wailing Host
- Ring 2: Litany of the Undaunted
- Weapon: The Barber
- Offhand: Gazing Demise
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Stricken
- Legendary Gem 3: Enforcer
3.3. Kanai's Cube
4. Role in the Current Meta
This build is ranked as a High Tier solo pushing build for its class in the current Season. If high leaderboard position without strict adherence to the meta is attractive to you, consider using this build.
This build is oriented mostly at Rifting (Greater and Normal). Due to its mediocre mobility on long distances, it is not recommended for Bounties. With proper adaptation outlined on the Group variant page, it is also recommended as a DPS option in groups.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 29 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide added.
- Activision Blizzard Q4 2018 Earnings Call & Layoffs
- Activision Blizzard Layoffs to Be Announced Soon?
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #35
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode #34
- Deadset's Guide Compendium for Season 16 / Patch 2.6.4
- Four New Collectible Blizzard Books Coming This Fall
- 2.6.4 Is Now Live + Patch Notes
- Icy Veins Podcast Episode 33
- Zunimassa and williken's fetish army
- WoL Monk (Patch 2.6.4)
- Why no Litany of the Undaunted Builds? (patch 2.6.4)
- Soul Harvest Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Pestilence Set Dungeon
- Thorns Crusader (Patch 2.6.4)
- Above Paragon level 397 (when you have 50 Core points), is Movement Speed on boots always sub-optimal?
- Meteor Wizard (Patch 2.6.4)