LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor Group Progression Variation
On this page, we explain everything that is specific to the Group Progression variant of LoD Spirit Barrage Witch Doctor. Updated for patch 2.6.10 and Season 22.
Group Greater Rift Pushing
This variant is archived, meaning that we are leaving it on the site for documentation purposes, but it will no longer be actively updated.
The Spirit Barrage LoN build is the top tier group Greater Rift pushing build for the Witch Doctor class. This variation is no longer the preferred AoE DPS spec for groups, but you can still build it and play it in your group with a reasonable degree of success.
|Haunt Poisoned Spirit Locust Swarm Pestilence 1 Grasp of the Dead Death Is Life 2 Sacrifice Provoke the Pack 3 Spirit Barrage Phlebotomize 4 Soul Harvest Languish|
The following skill selection alterations will be necessary:
- Changing Piranhas Piranhado and Spirit Walk Severance from the soloing build into Grasp of the Dead Death Is Life and Sacrifice Provoke the Pack. The former two are a monster grouping and a survival tool respectively, and both these tasks are taken care of by Support teammates in groups. The latter combination will net you a nice 20% increase of damage.
- Changing Grave Injustice (mainly a reset tool for your soloing invulnerability cooldown, Spirit Walk) into Gruesome Feast — a staple DPS passive that gets fed by globe spawning support teammates.
You will simply need to exchange The Barber for Voo's Juicer. This is the other Spirit Barrage-related legendary that only gets overlooked when soloing due to the power of Sacred Harvester in keeping you alive. Voo's Juicer has a natural Spirit Barrage damage roll however, edging over the competition when survival is no longer a concern. You will still retain the powers of The Barber in the Cube.
To help you with farming the gear you need for your builds, we have two very useful guides that you can access by clicking the links below: a Salvage Guide to help you quickly check whether or not you can safely salvage a piece of gear and a Legendary Farming Guide to help you efficiently farm legendaries and set items.
In a group Greater Rifting setup, your role will be the AoE damage dealer. Since killing the Rift Guardian will no longer be your concern, you need to exchange Bane of the Stricken for Pain Enhancer. Due to Spirit Barrage's excellent scaling with Attack Speed and the clumps of monsters created by Support teammates, this 'APS per bleeding enemy in radius' gem will net you the highest DPS gain.
|Torso and Pants||
For more information about gems, please refer to our guide on gems.
Adapting Kanai's Cube
As previously mentioned, you will be cubing The Barber in order to retain the damage accumulating powers of the ceremonial knife.
Due to the numerous stuns and freezes available to your Support teammates, you can take advantage of one of the strongest damage reduction sources in the game by cubing Ancient Parthan Defenders.
The Kanai's Cube can be used for much more than simply extracting Legendary powers from items. Please refer to our Kanai's Cube guide for more information.
- 19 Nov. 2020: Added Cube recommendations for Season 22.
- 12 Mar. 2020: No changes necessary for Season 20.
- 22 Nov. 2019: Reviewed for Season 19.
- 23 Aug. 2019: Archived variant.
- A Call to Strike on Blizzard France Employees on Shadowlands Launch Day
- Which Class to Play in Diablo 3 Season 22? Solo, Group, and Speedfarm Rankings
- All Diablo 3 Season 22 Guides (Patch 2.6.10)
- Diablo 3 Season 22 Start Time
- Diablo 3 Cinematics Upscaled to 8K, 48 FPS
- Patch 2.6.10 Is Live
- Blizzard Selling Face Masks on Gear Store
- Official Preview of Season 22 in Diablo 3