Wizard Firebird Archon Build
Welcome to our build guide for Firebird Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The most reworked set in Diablo history, the Firebird's Finery set nevertheless retains many of its characteristics: damage building up over time, immolating entire screens of enemies, and the constant pursuit of a larger fire. This guide merges Firebird with the powers of Archon into a bursty playstyle that is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Quick Reference
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the Firebird Archon Wizard is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Archon Combustion 1 Frost Nova Bone Chill 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Teleport Safe Passage 4 Ice Armor Crystallize|
|Spectral Blade Flame Blades Archon Combustion 1 Familiar Sparkflint 2 Magic Weapon Force Weapon 3 Teleport Wormhole 4 Storm Armor Scramble|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Firebird Archon Wizard is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Firebird's Plume
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions
- Gloves: Firebird's Talons
- Chest: Firebird's Breast
- Belt: Fazula's Improbable Chain
- Pants: Firebird's Down
- Boots: Firebird's Tarsi
- Bracers: Ancient Parthan Defenders
- Amulet: The Traveler's Pledge
- Ring 1: The Compass Rose
- Ring 2: Halo of Arlyse
- Weapon: Chantodo's Will
- Offhand: Chantodo's Force
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Powerful
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary in Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updted for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)