Firebird's Finery Set
Welcome to our Firebird's Finery guide, where we tell you all about this Wizard set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Firebird's Finery Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of Firebird's Finery set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Firebird's Plume — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Cooldown Reduction, Vitality, Life %
- Gloves: Firebird's Talons — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Attack Speed
- Chest: Firebird's Breast — Desirable stats: Intelligence, 3 Sockets, Vitality, Life %
- Pants: Firebird's Down — Desirable stats: Intelligence, 2 Sockets, Vitality, Armor
- Boots: Firebird's Tarsi — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
- Source: Firebird's Eye — Desirable stats: High Damage Range, Intelligence, Crit Chance, Arcane Power on Crit, Elite Damage Increase
How to Farm Firebird's Finery Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Firebird's Finery pieces.
How to Use the Firebird's Finery Set
Firebird's Finery set revolves around a balancing act of Igniting enemies via Disintegrate, which adds Combustion stacks up to 50, and using non-channeled Fire skills to deal the Ignite damage multiplied by the built up Combustion stacks. The set also has massive damage reduction and mobility built in, making it very versatile.
- 2-piece bonus
- When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60 second cooldown.
- 4-piece bonus
- Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, taking 3000% weapon damage per second until they die.
- 6-piece bonus
- Your damage is increased by 200% and damage taken reduced by 3% for each enemy that is Ignited. This effect can stack up to 20 times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited.
The 2-piece set bonus provides a second cheat death ability to the Wizard (aside from the passive Unstable Anomaly), on a similar 60 second cooldown. It procs first in the chain on on-death skills, allowing you to juggle between them in dangerous situations. Its internal cooldown resets when you die. The 2-piece set bonus also gets you the first half of the damage dynamic of the set, by proccing an Ignition effect on enemies struck by Disintegrate. Note that despite the fiery theme of the bonus, it does not require a Fire rune to trigger, making the split beams of Chaos Nexus your most convenient method. The Ignition Damage over Time effect benefits from Elemental damage on gear, as well as explicit bonuses to Fire skills, such as the Flame Blades effect. Like other DoTs in the game, it will not critically hit, but will factor in crit stats on gear as a multiplier for its damage. It will not proc Area Damage, making it a useless roll on gear.
The 4-piece set bonus adds the Combustion stack mechanic to the playstyle. Casting Disintegrate will add Combustion stacks up to the 50 stack maximum; stacks will decay at a 2 per second rate. Having any Combustion stacks active guarantees the effect of the 80% Damage Reduction from the set. Each stack reduces the cooldown of Teleport by 2%, basically nullifying the cooldown at 50 stacks (outside of the 0.5 sec. baked-in downtime of cooldown skills).
The 6-piece set bonus makes the two mechanics, Ignition and Combustion, work together. Your damage will be greatly multiplied, and hitting an Ignited enemy with a non-channeling, non-pet Fire spell will deal Ignite damage multiplied by Combustion stacks. This is a massive, self-sufficient damage source that is not tied to a particular skill, meaning you can eschew skill damage on gear completely. The same applies to Area Damage, which does not work with the 6-piece bonus. The damage dealt by the 6-piece can critically hit, and will benefit from Elemental damage on gear as well as explicit bonuses to Fire skills. The Firebird set obeys the standard Diablo 3 principle of 'procs do not proc', meaning that additional Explosive Blast detonations from Wand of Woh or Energy Twisters from Etched Sigil will not trigger the bonus. As of Patch 2.7.2, Pets are officially excluded from this bonus as well, making Mirror Image-based variants unusable as well.
Builds Using the Firebird's Finery Set
- 10 Dec. 2021: Page revised.
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Diablo 4 Patch 1.3.1 Hotfixes: February 7th
- How To Get All Lunar Awakening Cosmetics and Mount Very Fast in Diablo 4’s New Event
- Protection Shrines May Not Work Correctly After Lunar Awakening Patch
- Workaround for Diablo 4 Crashing While Loading
- The Gauntlet & Leaderboards Launch Delayed
- World Tier 4 Vault and Trading Re-Enabled
- Timeline of Blizzard Presidents
- World Tier 4 Vault of the Loom Temporarily Disabled