Firebird's Finery Set
Welcome to our Firebird's Finery guide, where we tell you all about this Wizard set: what the pieces are, how to farm it, how it works, and which builds are using it.
List of Firebird's Finery Set Pieces and Desirable Rolls
The following is a list of all pieces of Firebird's Finery set, along with a sample list of desirable rolls for the respective item. This stat priority listing is meant to show you what is roughly a good roll of a set item; when trying to put together a build, always check our dedicated guide for the best-in-slot stats for the specific playstyle.
- Helm: Firebird's Plume — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Socket, Crit Chance, Vitality
- Shoulders: Firebird's Pinions — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Skill Damage, Area Damage, Vitality
- Gloves: Firebird's Talons — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Crit Chance, Crit Damage, Area Damage
- Chest: Firebird's Breast — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Skill Damage, 3 Sockets, Vitality
- Pants: Firebird's Down — Desirable stats: Intelligence, 2 Sockets, Vitality, Armor
- Boots: Firebird's Tarsi — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Vitality, All Resistance, Armor
- Source: Firebird's Eye — Desirable stats: Intelligence, Crit Chance, Skill Damage, Arcane Power on Crit
How to Farm Firebird's Finery Pieces
Please refer to our guide on how to farm legendary and set items to increase your chances of getting Firebird's Finery pieces.
How to Use the Firebird's Finery Set
Firebird's Finery offers a generic damage increase to your skills, with a caveat — you have to be using Fire-based spells. In practicality, this usually means you have to choose one main, hard-hitting fire-based spender (i.e. Meteor Meteor Shower), as well as two fire-based auxiliary damage skills (i.e. Magic Weapon Ignite, Arcane Torrent Flame Ward).
- 2-piece bonus
- When you die, a meteor falls from the sky and revives you. This effect has a 60 second cooldown.
- 4-piece bonus
- Dealing Fire damage with one of your skills causes the enemy to take 1000% weapon damage as Fire per second for 3 seconds. This effect can be repeated a second and third time by different skills. If an enemy is burning due to three different skills simultaneously the enemy will Ignite, taking 3000% weapon damage per second until they die.
- 6-piece bonus
- Your damage is increased by 200% and damage taken reduced by 3% for each enemy that is Ignited. This effect can stack up to 20 times. You always receive the maximum bonus whenever a nearby Elite monster is Ignited.
The 2-piece set bonus provides a second cheat death ability to the Wizard (aside from the passive Unstable Anomaly), on a similar 60 second cooldown. It procs first in the chain on on-death skills, allowing you to juggle between them in dangerous situations.
The 4-piece set bonus is a crucial part of the set, as it forces you into the 'triple Fire skill' rotation; dealing Fire damage with any character skill (weapon damage and item procs are excluded) cause the enemy to burn for 1000% weapon damage over a 3-second period. Doing fire damage with any other skill will add to the DoT damage in 1000% increments, and reset its duration. Once the enemy is burning from three separate fire skills, he will ignite with an indefinite 3000% weapon damage per second DoT.
The 6-piece set bonus increases both damage dealt and reduces damage taken for each Ignited enemy via the 4-piece bonus. This resulting Firebird strategy of luring enemies from one fight to the next, chaining engagements to keep up the set bonuses, Notice that the bonus will automatically max out if an elite enemy is burning, contributing to the elite hunting playstyle of the build.
Builds Using the Firebird's Finery Set
- 23 Nov. 2019: Page added.
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway Ends Today!
- Diablo Immortal Patch 1.3 & Hotfix Notes
- Icy Veins Black Friday Giveaway!
- Activision Blizzard Announces Formation of a Workplace Responsibility Committee
- Diablo 3 Season 24 End Date: December 5th
- The Reason Behind Jen Oneal's Departure, Bobby Kotick's Knowledge of Previous Sexual Misconduct Allegations: A Wall Street Journal Report
- Diablo 3 Season 25 PTR Is Live + Updated Patch Notes
- Season 25 Compendium for Diablo 3