Wizard Lightning Archon Build With Manald Heal and Tal Rasha/Vyr Sets
Welcome to our build guide for Lightning Archon Wizard in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
Gradually emerging from several targeted buffs and reworks over the course of Patch 2.4's lifecycle, the Lightning Archon build finally takes an endgame form. This long range, high skillcap build is provided in a Speed Farming, a Greater Rift solo progression and a Greater Rift Group progression variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
3. Quick Reference
3.1. Skill Setup
The basic farming skill setup of the Tal Vyr Lightning Archon is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Arcane Torrent Static Discharge Magic Weapon Deflection 1 Archon Combustion 2 Frost Nova Frozen Mist 3 Teleport Calamity 4 Energy Armor Force Armor|
|Magic Missile Glacial Spike Magic Weapon Deflection 1 Archon Combustion 2 Black Hole Spellsteal 3 Teleport Calamity 4 Energy Armor Force Armor|
|Magic Missile Glacial Spike Slow Time Stretch Time 1 Archon Combustion 2 Hydra Lightning Hydra 3 Teleport Calamity 4 Energy Armor Force Armor|
4.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the Tal Vyr Lightning Archon is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Tal Rasha's Guise of Wisdom or Vyr's Sightless Skull
- Shoulders: Vyr's Proud Pauldrons
- Gloves: Tal Rasha's Grasp or Vyr's Grasping Gauntlets
- Chest: Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit or Vyr's Astonishing Aura
- Belt: Fazula's Improbable Chain
- Pants: Tal Rasha's Stride or Vyr's Fantastic Finery
- Boots: Vyr's Swaggering Stance
- Bracers: Nemesis Bracers
- Amulet: Tal Rasha's Allegiance
- Ring 1: Ring of Royal Grandeur
- Ring 2: Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac
- Weapon: Starfire
- Offhand: Tal Rasha's Unwavering Glare
4.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Zei's Stone of Vengeance
- Legendary Gem 2: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 3: Gogok of Swiftness
4.3. Kanai's Cube
- 17 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 17 May 2019 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 17.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 16.
- 18 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Added suggestions for the baseline Ring of Royal Grandeur for Seasonal characters.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 27 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 27 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)