Barbarian Frenzy/Thorns Build With Legacy of Nightmares Set
Welcome to our build guide for Frenzy Thorns Barbarian in Diablo 3. Here, you will learn everything you need to know to play this build at the highest level. This build is updated for patch 2.6.5 and Season 17.
For more information regarding followers, we advise you to read our follower guide, which contains detailed advice on choosing the skills and the gear of your companion.
The Thorns Frenzy build arose from the 2.4 rework to the Legacy of Nightmares set, along with the 2.4.1 buffs to Barbarian Thorns capabilities. The end result is a highly mobile, single target assassination spec that takes the best of the melee and damage reflection playstyles. The build is available in both Greater Rift solo progression and regular Rift farming variations, explained in that order.
2. Video Guide
The following video guide was created to accompany the present written guide and demonstrate how to play the build in-game.
2.1. Skill Setup
The basic skill setup of the LoN Thorns Frenzy Barb is displayed below. Read the dedicated Skills page for detailed information on choices, alternatives and build customization.
|Frenzy Maniac Furious Charge Merciless Assault 1 Ignore Pain Iron Hide 2 Threatening Shout Falter 3 War Cry Veteran's Warning 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
|Frenzy Vanguard Furious Charge Merciless Assault 1 Battle Rage Ferocity 2 Sprint Marathon 3 War Cry Veteran's Warning 4 Wrath of the Berserker Insanity|
3.1. Gear Setup
The required gear setup for the LoN Thorns Frenzy Barb is listed below. Check the Gear page for detailed information on choices, alternatives, gemming, Kanai's Cube and Paragon distribution.
- Helm: Leoric's Crown
- Shoulders: Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
- Gloves: St. Archew's Gage
- Chest: Aquila Cuirass
- Belt: Pride of Cassius
- Pants: Swamp Land Waders
- Boots: Illusory Boots
- Bracers: Sanguinary Vambraces
- Amulet: Hellfire Amulet of Strength
- Ring 1: The Wailing Host (or Band of Might in Season 17)
- Ring 2: Litany of the Undaunted (or Stone of Jordan in Season 17)
- Weapon: Hack
- Offhand: Oathkeeper
3.2. Legendary Gems
- Legendary Gem 1: Bane of the Trapped
- Legendary Gem 2: Boyarsky's Chip
- Legendary Gem 3: Bane of the Stricken
3.3. Kanai's Cube
- Weapon Slot: Bastion's Revered
- Armor Slot: Vambraces of Sescheron
- Jewelry Slot: Convention of Elements
- 13 May 2019 (skills page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (gear page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 13 May 2019 (this page): Guide was revised with additional recommendations for Season 17.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (skills page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 16 Jan. 2019 (gear page): Information was reviewed and approved for Season 16 with no changes required.
- 20 Sep. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 15.
- 14 Jun. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 14.
- 16 Jan. 2018 (this page): Guide was reviewed and approved for Season 16.
- 01 Nov. 2017 (this page): Changed build rank to Low Tier for Season 12.
- 18 Oct. 2017 (this page): No changes necessary for Patch 2.6.1.
- 26 Jun. 2017 (this page): Guide updated for 2.6 and moved to new format.
- UE Multishot Demon Hunter (Patch 2.6.4)
- Necromancer Corpse Lance LON
- Farming/Crafting/Upgrading Gems
- Patch buffed gear question.
- LoN LTK Monk
- Wizard question
- Follower Guide
- Tempest Rush Monk (Patch 2.6.4)